Serious Relationships in College

Options
truth spitter
truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in The Powder Room
So I will be back in college on Monday. I will be in my 3rd year. And I think I'm ready to start a relationship with a little hottie. But college campuses aren't really the best places to be in a committed relationship ya know. A lot of options, a lot of temptation, people go to college and experiment, wild out. But I want more than that. What are some tips to sustain a committed relationship in college? To my people, especially the women who have been through it. Drop the science.

Comments

• Emerald City Rolla
    Emerald City Rolla Members Posts: 564
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Find a girl who isn't on that wildin' out scene. If they haven't gotten it out of their system by the end of sophmore year and started thinking about what happens AFTER they turn the tassel, you need to stay away as they will be spinning tassels for a while, bro.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    find one that dont stay in a dorm bro
  • swag_of_krypton
    swag_of_krypton Members Posts: 935
    edited August 2011
    Options
    in college...
    no such thing bro...
    your best bet is to wait till after graduation to find a relationship...
    not being negative towards your situation, just honest
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    t/s had dreams about kobe being his stepdaddy
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So I will be back in college on Monday. I will be in my 3rd year. And I think I'm ready to start a relationship with a little hottie. But college campuses aren't really the best places to be in a committed relationship ya know. A lot of options, a lot of temptation, people go to college and experiment, wild out. But I want more than that. What are some tips to sustain a committed relationship in college? To my people, especially the women who have been through it. Drop the science.

You go to Howard....don't you bruh?
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Depends on the college. I dated one seriously but most was about sex. I know if I went to a school where most are freaks, a girlfriend would never be the case. I'll just be Pressha.

Find a girl who isn't on that wildin' out scene. If they haven't gotten it out of their system by the end of sophmore year and started thinking about what happens AFTER they turn the tassel, you need to stay away as they will be spinning tassels for a while, bro.

Hoes never change, if they have history, don't test em. Only deal with relationship type chicks. Don't listen to half these dudes, they just gonna tell you all college hoes, hoes. Not true, but hoes are hoes. Ain't no changing that. A changed hoe and is a mentally messed up hoe, not someone who is now a good girl. All girls get hit on by dudes, there is a reason why some ? a lot and some don't. They can't control their wants and needs. No control, relationship is going to fall everytime.
  • Emerald City Rolla
    Emerald City Rolla Members Posts: 564
    edited August 2011
    Options
    #1 pick wrote: »
    Depends on the college. I dated one seriously but most was about sex. I know if I went to a school where most are freaks, a girlfriend would never be the case. I'll just be Pressha.

Hoes never change, if they have history, don't test em. Only deal with relationship type chicks. Don't listen to half these dudes, they just gonna tell you all college hoes, hoes. Not true, but hoes are hoes. Ain't no changing that. A changed hoe and is a mentally messed up hoe, not someone who is now a good girl. All girls get hit on by dudes, there is a reason why some ? a lot and some don't. They can't control their wants and needs. No control, relationship is going to fall everytime.

That doesn't make any sense. So all hoes are hoes, except its not true, but act like it is. And if we acting like every girl at a party is a hoe, then you the one mentally messed up.
  • Little JJ
    Little JJ Members Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I have been in college for 3 days now and I have no clue if a serious relationship lies in my future or not.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    1/3 end in marriage
    1/3 ends terribly
    1/3 simply ends.
  • truth spitter
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Rey ? wrote: »
    You go to Howard....don't you bruh?

Yep. I'm back at it. The lil freshman honies was already choosing yesterday when I was on campus handling some business.
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Why on earth would you want to be in a serious relationship @ Howard??

save that for when you graduate and start the next phase in life..

for now, have fun, plenty of chicks @ Howard to have fun with... Or Georgetown, Or American, Or UDC..

there are plenty of chicks you can get, expand your social circle..

When I was going to Maryland, I had a chick out Mason, Howard, Georgetown, American, NOVA, PG..

ahhhh.. college, miss that!!
  • truth spitter
    edited August 2011
    Options
    mindright wrote: »
    Why on earth would you want to be in a serious relationship @ Howard??

save that for when you graduate and start the next phase in life..

for now, have fun, plenty of chicks @ Howard to have fun with... Or Georgetown, Or American, Or UDC..

there are plenty of chicks you can get, expand your social circle..

When I was going to Maryland, I had a chick out Mason, Howard, Georgetown, American, NOVA, PG..

ahhhh.. college, miss that!!

I'm ready to settle down. I've had my fun. I'm ready to start a family in the next 2 years.
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm ready to settle down. I've had my fun. I'm ready to start a family in the next 2 years.

wowsers!!

nothing wrong with growing up
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's possible...actually I spent more time w/ a gf when I was in college than I did single...I had 2 long term relationships, one long distance til I graduated...it's not hard at all honestly...it's more so about understanding that a college campus is it's own community which means regardless of how much you try, there will be people who will try their hardest to be in your business...the main tip to staying faithful is the same as it is any other time, don't put yourself in situations where you KNOW you'll be tempted to cheat...if you know in the past when you go out party, drink, smoke, whatever you tend to start flirting with random chicks, just limit how much you drink, etc...if you're going out...stuff like that
  • truth spitter
    edited August 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    It's possible...actually I spent more time w/ a gf when I was in college than I did single...I had 2 long term relationships, one long distance til I graduated...it's not hard at all honestly...it's more so about understanding that a college campus is it's own community which means regardless of how much you try, there will be people who will try their hardest to be in your business...the main tip to staying faithful is the same as it is any other time, don't put yourself in situations where you KNOW you'll be tempted to cheat...if you know in the past when you go out party, drink, smoke, whatever you tend to start flirting with random chicks, just limit how much you drink, etc...if you're going out...stuff like that

Thanks Blackrain. I will take this advice and apply it to my life this year.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It was actually a lot easier maintaining relationships in college than in "the real world"

Idk maybe it was because I had nothing to worry about except grades
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Members Posts: 355
    edited August 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    I married my college sweetheart... we was together all four years... it wasn't that hard to stay committed...
    she changed after college, as did I... and it was harder to stay committed after...
    meh...
    Are you still together?