Options

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Word, people have the habit of personifying their concept of "? ":
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Although the Bible refers to "? " as a spirit, the Bible also attributes anthropomorphic properties to "? " on multiple occasions.

Take Genesis 3:8 for example:This can not be simply written off as a metaphor, because not only did "? 's" walking make a sound, Adam and Eve were able to hide from his face. This verse implies that "? " has some form of physical legs to facilitate upright locomotion (demonstrated by the noise of walking created), and "? " has a face with a limited field of vision (hence the attempt to hide from his view). Both of these are physical human characteristics. Not only physically ("...and by the breath of His mouth all their host."), but "? " is also related to humans as far as emotions go ("..for I the LORD thy ? am a jealous ? "), and as far as as actions go ("...and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.").

What this, along with the quote you posted, illustrates is the Bible's confliction as to whether "? " is some metaphysical spiritual being or a spirit in the form of a human with human characteristics. The conflict makes sense, because different humans often have differing opinions, so one cannot expect multiple humans to create such a large document that is in perfect agreement, unless the document is based on fact.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Referin' to ? as 'Him' has always irked me a lil

And yh if this ? 's so perfect, and we're made in His image...Human beings = perfection?

And...Sendin' a guy to eternal damnation for followin' a different religion...A lil hypocritical that He'd send a guy to hell for not changin' religions but also send people to hell for convertin' from Christianity
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    u got questions, take yo ass to church with all dat ? . ask one of those white dudes with the collar this nonsense.

I bet you wont. wanna know how i know? cuz he'll kick yo monkey ass.

sheesh.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Deism>>>>>>>>>>
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    King Drew wrote: »
    Deism>>>>>>>>>>

CS all day long

Although the supreme being idea has never sat well with me
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    every one has questions about religion and ? ....athiest and believers alike.....its normal

expecting to get those questions answered from the ic is not...
  • BigMeatball
    BigMeatball Members Posts: 390
    edited August 2011
    Options
    This right here..............
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Sovo_Nah wrote: »
    u got questions, take yo ass to church with all dat ? . ask one of those white dudes with the collar this nonsense.

I bet you wont. wanna know how i know? cuz he'll kick yo monkey ass.

sheesh.

Lmao at the priest going hood

"WYHHHAAAT! you say NIGGGUH!"-

"This ain't ask.com NIGGGUH! ill ? your face up in the name of Jesus Christ amen ? ."
  • Ms Eudoxie
    Ms Eudoxie Members Posts: 406
    edited August 2011
    Options
    1-5 ... I asked the same thing. A jealous ? isn't "perfect" and burning people bc they don't do what you want is not "loving". I believe in ? but once you really look at His personality via the Bible, ? is too human for my tastes and I'm completely convinced that Man has implanted his own rules n regs in His name and changed the true essence of what He is and stands for.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm saying though, is GnS really the place for this ? ? There is a ? in RnR that is DYING to give you his interpretation of this type of ? . His name is DoYouWantToGoToHeaven. Thank me later.
  • Swaggathief
    Swaggathief Members Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    Options
    daevion0 wrote: »
    1.Why does G-O-D want you to worship him? All joke aside what does he gain from us worshiping him? Why do we have to kiss his ass at least one day of the week? What does he gain by us doing this?

2.If ? is perfect in every way and the epitome of good like the bible says why does he display jealousy? That's not a very positive trait that someone perfect should display.

3.What's up with this ? ego? :

a. Hell, Fires of. Billions will suffer there, and the Defendant says he will do it to “display his wrath.” Defendant even threatens that “they will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb” (Revelation 14:10).

b. Intolerance of non-Christian religions. He calls them idolatry and says he will punish them.

c. Intolerance of numerous behaviors that people enjoy.

d. Insistence that people focus all attention on Defendant all the time. Intolerant of those who do otherwise.

e. Multiple unexpected outbursts of anger. <<<<<<<< BI-POLAR too?

f. Nadab & Abihu, whom Defendant burned with fire while they offered sacrifices in Defendant’s temple (Leviticus 10:1-7).
    If you notice, the verse mentioned a "strange" fire that ? did not command or ask for. The research I did showed the strange fire was a form of idol worship that was forbidden by ? and they tried to use that same ritual to worship ? .

g. Uzzah, whom Defendant struck dead while trying to keep Defendant's ark from falling to the ground (1 Chronicles 13:9-11). Once again, disobiedence is the reason. Earlier in the Bible, people was instructed a specific way to carry the ark (Chest of ? ). They was also told not to touch any holy thing. He touched it therefore he died.

h. Ananias and Sapphira, whom Defendant killed while they were donating money to Defendant's church (Acts 5:1-11). Again, disobiedence is the answer. Thou shalt lie or bear false witness. They lied about how much money they recieved from selling the property and pretended like they gave all of the money to the LORD.

i. Christians in Corinth whom Defendant killed because they ate their communion bread too quickly (1 Corinthians 11:29-32). Not giving proper honor and respect to the death and resurrection of The LORD Jesus Christ and taking him for granted while engaging in a ritual that demonstrates one's believe and faith in such occurrence.

j. Repeated remarks that everything must happen for Defendants own glory (1 Corinthians 10:31). Refusal to share glory with others (Isaiah 48:11).

4. Why does he use scare tactics to get people to worship him?

5. Why has he killed more people then lucifer has?

6. Why is his son Jesus a rip off of the Egyptian ? HOURS?

I could on but it's already getting kinda long so I'll end it here.
    The quick answer to your question is this, if you create, you can destroy. ? created the world and us and the universe. He is our master and we was created for his pleasure, not no one else. He makes the rules, we have to follow or else. If you really want to gain knowledge or understanding, holla at the Father and me:)
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I'm saying though, is GnS really the place for this ? ? There is a ? in RnR that is DYING to give you his interpretation of this type of ? . His name is DoYouWantToGoToHeaven. Thank me later.

Yup, many cats in R&R have great views.
  • ceothachosen1
    ceothachosen1 Members Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The quick answer to your question is this, if you create, you can destroy. ? created the world and us and the universe. He is our master and we was created for his pleasure, not no one else. He makes the rules, we have to follow or else. If you really want to gain knowledge or understanding, holla at the Father and me:)
    so ? is a dictator?
  • Swaggathief
    Swaggathief Members Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I prefer to look at him as a FATHER. My earthly father help create me in my mother's ? . Because I love them and they love me, I obeyed there rules and followed their authority. ? is no different...he loves us and we should love him. For those that rebel against him or don't have a relationship with him, I guess they could look at him as a dictator just like someone may I have thought of my dad and mom as one.
  • JudahIsraelite
    JudahIsraelite Members Posts: 60
    edited August 2011
    Options
    read the book first then ask questions....? morons on this forum
  • LurkdogAchilles
    LurkdogAchilles Members Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    the one thing that helped me out with questions about ? is that he defies logic. a lot of it won't make sense, it would be impossible for us to fully understand ? and his actions. not that you shouldn't try or have questions, but at some point you have to understand that you may not understand. faith

and like someone else said, a lot of people have screwed religion up, for their own interests or just for the sake of confusion. think relationship, not religion
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    read the book first then ask questions....? morons on this forum

• Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    the one thing that helped me out with questions about ? is that he defies logic. a lot of it won't make sense, it would be impossible for us to fully understand ? and his actions. not that you shouldn't try or have questions, but at some point you have to understand that you may not understand. faith

and like someone else said, a lot of people have screwed religion up, for their own interests or just for the sake of confusion. think relationship, not religion

No shots thrown and y'know your free to believe what you want....

But when the rhetoric of "somethings can't be explained" is used and justified, then nothing ever has to be explained.

I could blow up a kindergarten building tomorrow and when arrested say that a giant bunny spirit from Dayton, Ohio told me to do it and with that train of thought, who would anyone be to tell me different?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    surprised Imgoingtoheavenru isn't in this thread
  • Fooley
    Fooley Members Posts: 1,467 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I prefer to look at him as a FATHER. My earthly father help create me in my mother's ? . Because I love them and they love me, I obeyed there rules and followed their authority. ? is no different...he loves us and we should love him. For those that rebel against him or don't have a relationship with him, I guess they could look at him as a dictator just like someone may I have thought of my dad and mom as one.
    But would your mother and father set you on fire and torturously burn you for eternity for something you did? No, because they actually love you. And if ? is our father, he's a ? deadbeat. When is he going to help his children that are starving in Africa or any other 3rd world country? Where the ? was he when blacks were getting whipped, beat, and sold like livestock? If there is a ? ( I'm 99% sure there isn't) he's a ? and I say ? that ? .
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Fooley wrote: »
    But would your mother and father set you on fire and torturously burn you for eternity for something you did? No, because they actually love you. And if ? is our father, he's a ? deadbeat. When is he going to help his children that are starving in Africa or any other 3rd world country? Where the ? was he when blacks were getting whipped, beat, and sold like livestock? If there is a ? ( I'm 99% sure there isn't) he's a ? and I say ? that ? .

Your post speaks loudly of ignorance and the usual finger pointing.

You got the rich and wealthy in the world who are greedy, tight ? and selfish though...
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Your post speaks loudly of ignorance and the usual finger pointing.

You got the rich and wealthy in the world who are greedy, tight ? and selfish though...

The rich and the wealthy never claimed to be our all loving, all powerful creator/skyfather who rewards the faithful and punishes the wicked.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    just this post alone will send you to hell
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Fooley wrote: »

tori_spelling_marlon_wayans_kathleen_robertson_scary_movie_2_001.jpg
    ooooooo hhhhhh ? son!!!!! LOLOLOL
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The rich and the wealthy never claimed to be our all loving, all powerful creator/skyfather who rewards the faithful and punishes the wicked.

Yet he gave all MEN dominion over this Earth and you have some that are in position to help those starving in Africa and other 3rd world countries. The Most High is not a genie to where you think all the money and resources can fall out the sky from him....