Wale has a bigger buzz than J.Cole gets more love...and his team is more supportive

Options
H-Rap 180
H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Reason
wale2-e1305603631770.png

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/08/17/wale-the-eleven-one-eleven-theory-artwork-x-tracklist/

Wale be on that real ish huh?? That HBCU swag is in full mash-mode, the passion and the culture is what makes him a standout and also what J. Cole is missing

big-sean-wale-IFWT.jpg

Rozay was on the red-carpet right after the confrontation with White-? -Mob and the House-ni99ers and when the interviewer asked him about the ? he said:

"Im here to represent Wale...Ambition
drops November 1st go cop that"....
it feels good when your team is behind you.

Attachment not found.

"That Way" just debuted on 106th & Park a few minutes ago and it will make the countdown and be a constant for a couple of weeks and then they will drop the visuals for "Bait"...and then before you get too antsy and think the buzz is dying and what not they will drop the video-visuals for "Bad Girls Club"......and in between time Vlogs, Freestyles, more music Vids and songs.

Now playing: WALE #NODAYSOFF VLOG : MIAMI HEINEKEN RED STAR ACCESS - YouTube via FoxyTunes

Comments

• kahhh-pri
    kahhh-pri Members Posts: 1,015 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yea.... but it wasnt always like that. When he was signed to Mark Ronson, nobody was really ? with him. And Wale has done alot more in his career than J.Cole. He's about to put out his second album.
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Who cares? Them 3 ? couldnt move more than 80K the 1st week, if cole sells 30K he wins
  • H-Rap 180
    edited August 2011
    Options
    kahhh-pri wrote: »
    Yea.... but it wasnt always like that. When he was signed to Mark Ronson, nobody was really ? with him. And Wale has done alot more in his career than J.Cole. He's about to put out his second album.

Sometimes you need a "team" to give you that extra push so it dosen't look like you are on an island.

..could you imagine how big it would have been for J. Cole if JayZ would have brought him to the VMA's?
  • FoolTime
    FoolTime Members Posts: 1,311 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The buzz really means nothing in terms of song writing and rapping skills. It's just proof that Jigga is a horrible boss. He need to get Dame from out that cardboard box so he can show jigga how it's done
  • H-Rap 180
    edited August 2011
    Options
    FoolTime wrote: »
    The buzz really means nothing in terms of song writing and rapping skills. It's just proof that Jigga is a horrible boss. He need to get Dame from out that cardboard box so he can show jigga how it's done
    He cant go back to Dame, his handlers would crucify him for having a real dude on his team.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    haha, yeah right. Why did that MMG album flop then and ya'll need to stop thinking hood hype means ? when it doesn't translate into anything tangible. For all that hood hype Ross has, he can't go nowhere near platinum, same ? for people like Plies, Gucci,etc.

I put money J Cole easilly outsells Wale.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i really dont hear ? in the streets talkin about when wale is droppin his album.

? wont shut up about j.cole.
  • wordsRweapons
    wordsRweapons Members Posts: 3,217 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i really dont hear ? in the streets talkin about when wale is droppin his album.

? wont shut up about j.cole.

? in the streets dont buy albums doe bruh
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    bet wale has a better team, cole must be doing everything himself cuz sometimes it seems like he doesnt think things through. but i garuntee sideline story will be better than wales debut mmg album.
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Can't for Ambition to drop. Wale may have a better album than Ross.

J Cole lost.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    haha, yeah right. Why did that MMG album flop then and ya'll need to stop thinking hood hype means ? when it doesn't translate into anything tangible. For all that hood hype Ross has, he can't go nowhere near platinum, same ? for people like Plies, Gucci,etc.

I put money J Cole easilly outsells Wale.

what makes you think j.cole would easily outsell wale?
    ain't his album droppin in like 4 weeks?
    what is out there that makes you think this?
    like, what singles and ?
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I don't see why ? on here always make it out to be some kinda competition between rappers. The funny thing is both Cole and Wale are cool with each other and good rappers so threads like these make no sense.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    like, what singles and ?

He won't answer that
  • BackInWhite
    edited August 2011
    Options
    He won't answer that

i see
    ? said easily tho
    like this ain't wale 2nd album
    like the mmg signing didn't bring more exposure to wale
    cole is cool and all but i don't think he can easily outsell anybody but lil mama
  • pothead420
    pothead420 Members Posts: 2,072 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The same people who like wale like j.Cole where I'm from
    No lie only on the IC do I see this
    I know this one girl who stay posting jCole and wale quotes lol
    They got the same audience
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    J Cole stans and they delusions. It's a whole region who don't know nor care that that ? exist.
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2011
    Options
    like, what singles and ?

Wales fanbase consist mainly of black women, J Cole fanbase is a little bit of every group imo (women, college kids, heads, streets, and mainstream). Like i've been telling ya'll ? from the beginning, stop being so wrapped up in the perception of success (radio play, bet,etc) and focus on fanbase. I seriously think people under estimate J Coles fanbase and all that touring he does.

Singles aren't a guarantee for ? nowadays other than ringtone sales. People buy albums because they feel emotionally invested in a artist (which is why Wayne will sell despite a ? album).
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wale is managed by Roc Nation.

Hmmm.....
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    J Cole stans and they delusions. It's a whole region who don't know nor care that that ? exist.

what's the region?
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    King Drew wrote: »
    what's the region?

The South.
  • BackInWhite
    edited August 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Wales fanbase consist mainly of black women, J Cole fanbase is a little bit of every group imo (women, college kids, heads, streets, and mainstream). Like i've been telling ya'll ? from the beginning, stop being so wrapped up in the perception of success (radio play, bet,etc) and focus on fanbase. I seriously think people under estimate J Coles fanbase and all that touring he does.

Singles aren't a guarantee for ? nowadays other than ringtone sales. People buy albums because they feel emotionally invested in a artist (which is why Wayne will sell despite a ? album).

a single isn't a guarantee for ? but no single at all is a guarantee that you ain't gettin heard as much as the ? with 1 or 2 hot ass singles
    plus, you don't know what j.cole's fanbase is, b
    let's just keep it funky
    you think you know cuz of the people you're around but you have no idea
    this is the diary of jermaine
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    pothead420 wrote: »
    The same people who like wale like j.Cole where I'm from
    No lie only on the IC do I see this
    I know this one girl who stay posting jCole and wale quotes lol
    They got the same audience

C/S only on the IC you see all this hate for Cole.
  • BackInWhite
    edited August 2011
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    C/S only on the IC you see all this hate for Cole.

nobody i know ? with him or even knows who he is
    so that's at least 1 place other than the ic that cole ain't ?
  • usmarin3
    edited August 2011
    Options
    a single isn't a guarantee for ? but no single at all is a guarantee that you ain't gettin heard as much as the ? with 1 or 2 hot ass singles
    plus, you don't know what j.cole's fanbase is, b
    let's just keep it funky
    you think you know cuz of the people you're around but you have no idea
    this is the diary of jermaine

I can look at concert footage and see from personal experience from the shows i've been to. The ? has been touring for 2 ? years straight off of a mixtape ? , he has some type of base to be doing that and i'm more than positive he has won over some of those Drake, Rihanna, and Jay-z fans from touring with them.
  • pothead420
    pothead420 Members Posts: 2,072 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    The South.

Lol stop it man I know a lot of ppl in Miami who know JCole
    Mostly because of jigger but they know him regardless