Questions and Statements about ? ...

Options

Comments

• And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LOL RHETORIC ^ ... KING JAMES WAS BLACK ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TtdwSbQlFM WE CAN show and prove ... LOL FURTHER MORE HE SANCTIONED THE AUTHORIZATION OF THE KJV HE HAD HEBREW SCHOLARS TRANSLITERATE THE MANUSCRIPTS .. ... THE TORAH IS AUTHENTIC

I agree, but you don't have the Torah. Your so confused you quote from other parts of the Tanakh and label it Torah .
    Now I know you don't know what the hell you are talking about. You claimed he had Hebrew Scholars. That is irrelevant if they couldn't find words in the English lexicon to convey the same meaning as in Hebrew. They couldn't, so the basically opted for the "aw ? it lets throw some ? in here" school of translation techniques.

The fact that they left many Hebrew words intact should tell you that they didn't have an English equivalent of some of these words. When the meanings are lost, then how can you come to a conclusion on what something means?
  • And Step
    edited March 2010
    Options
    that was cute ... condescend is what you do when you cant scholastically prove your ideology your finished ... and further more were in israel right now .. lol google ben ammi carter .. were not conspiring about this .. just log off

Tribe Please.

Your not with Ben Ammi. I have friends in the AHIJ. Your with the dudes who post those 12 tribe listings on their doors. Ben Ammi doesn't recognize those designations. They don't even take you serious. They study Hebrew, can write and speak it.

I remember when Judahxulu had to spank you for your misrepresentation. Now you want to act like your with them. Your a fraud. Their theology contradicts most of that nonsense you spit. The fact that you call him Ben Ammi Carter lets me know your not with him. He doesn't use Carter. That is disrespectful.

Don't make me call my AHIJ friends to expose you as a fraud. All it would take is a couple of questions.

Matter of fact, if you are really down what is his oldest son's name? And where was their first meeting place? And where did they stop off at on there way to Domona. One of these question anyone can answer. The other two you would have to be a member of the community. I can't believe you tried to pretend you with the AHIJ. Especially after Judah pounded you into submission last year.

CB4 Hebrew.
  • The GMW
    The GMW Members Posts: 259
    edited March 2010
    Options
    "without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins." Hebrews 9:22

Plain and simple.

But why? That's what I'm asking. If ? is the ultimate creator then he decided that bloodshed must occur for sins to be forgiven. Why would an omni-benevolent ? come up with a law like that? Why does bloodshed hold some kind of value for him?
  • And Step
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The GMW wrote: »
    But why? That's what I'm asking. If ? is the ultimate creator then he decided that bloodshed must occur for sins to be forgiven. Why would an omni-benevolent ? come up with a law like that? Why does bloodshed hold some kind of value for him?

Cause that's how it is. Don't ask no questions.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

"And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?" Daniel 4:35

This is His universe and ? does what He pleases. ? sent His Son to die for you. All He ask you to do is believe in the sacrifice provided. ? did all the work, all He ask is that you believe. How hard is that?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2010
    Options

"And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?" Daniel 4:35
  • The GMW
    edited March 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Cause that's how it is. Don't ask no questions.

Lol... I guess that's one way to look at it.
  • The GMW
    edited March 2010
    Options

This is His universe and ? does what He pleases. ? sent His Son to die for you. All He ask you to do is believe in the sacrifice provided. ? did all the work, all He ask is that you believe. How hard is that?

I see... so, basically, you're not even going to attempt to explain the gap in logic between "all-loving" and "demanding innocent bloodshed in exchange for forgiveness", and you'll instead give me a mini-sermon... sorry, that's not really what I'm looking for.
  • phanatron
    phanatron Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I see... so, basically, you're not even going to attempt to explain the gap in logic between "all-loving" and "demanding innocent bloodshed in exchange for forgiveness", and you'll instead give me a mini-sermon... sorry, that's not really what I'm looking for.

You made the mistake of thinking there was a reasonable answer.
  • sounds of jacob
    sounds of jacob Banned Users Posts: 166
    edited March 2010
    Options
    and step wrote: »
    tribe please.

Your not with ben ammi. I have friends in the ahij. Your with the dudes who post those 12 tribe listings on their doors. Ben ammi doesn't recognize those designations. They don't even take you serious. They study hebrew, can write and speak it.

I remember when judahxulu had to spank you for your misrepresentation. Now you want to act like your with them. Your a fraud. Their theology contradicts most of that nonsense you spit. The fact that you call him ben ammi carter lets me know your not with him. He doesn't use carter. That is disrespectful.

Don't make me call my ahij friends to expose you as a fraud. All it would take is a couple of questions.

Matter of fact, if you are really down what is his oldest son's name? And where was their first meeting place? And where did they stop off at on there way to domona. One of these question anyone can answer. The other two you would have to be a member of the community. I can't believe you tried to pretend you with the ahij. Especially after judah pounded you into submission last year.

Cb4 hebrew.

that wasnt me that he "pounded into submission" so again your wrong and im done with you its really irrelevant ... You dont even no who your speaking to .. Just stay on your square black man shalom
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    haha the black cultists are fighting
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2010
    Options

There is no "gap in logic" with ? my brother! You see you want to hear an answer that pleases and soothes your ear. ? said that in the last days, this is what would happen. "For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." (2 Timothy 4:3)

Instead of receiving truth, you reject it because the truth is not what you really want. Your so use to lies, deceit, and doctrines of demons that you've grown accustomed to lies. It's normal to you.

You see, ? is sovereign. And if He says that only blood takes away the sins of mankind, than guess what? Only blood will take away our sins! Why? Who cares why. ? is the one who paid the price. ? is the one who sent His Son to die for all of humanity. We paid nothing, ? paid it all. ? answers to no one my friend. ? will never be investigated by a commission, a board, or senate committee. ? doesn't have to hand in a report to mankind and tell us why He does what He does. ? does according to His own will to accomplish His own purpose. And guess what? EVERYTHING ? DOES IS RIGHT, JUST, and HOLY! No ands, if's, or but's about it.

If you don't want forgiveness of sins, so be it. ? is not going to force you to accept Him. If you don't want to be with Him forever and ever, then you won't. If you do, then you will accept Him. It's as simple as that.
  • The GMW
    edited March 2010
    Options
    There is no "gap in logic" with ? my brother! You see you want to hear an answer that pleases and soothes your ear. ? said that in the last days, this is what would happen. "For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." (2 Timothy 4:3)

Instead of receiving truth, you reject it because the truth is not what you really want. Your so use to lies, deceit, and doctrines of demons that you've grown accustomed to lies. It's normal to you.

You see, ? is sovereign. And if He says that only blood takes away the sins of mankind, than guess what? Only blood will take away our sins! Why? Who cares why. ? is the one who paid the price. ? is the one who sent His Son to die for all of humanity. We paid nothing, ? paid it all. ? answers to no one my friend. ? will never be investigated by a commission, a board, or senate committee. ? doesn't have to hand in a report to mankind and tell us why He does what He does. ? does according to His own will to accomplish His own purpose. And guess what? EVERYTHING ? DOES IS RIGHT, JUST, and HOLY! No ands, if's, or but's about it.

If you don't want forgiveness of sins, so be it. ? is not going to force you to accept Him. If you don't want to be with Him forever and ever, then you won't. If you do, then you will accept Him. It's as simple as that.

Yeah, there is a gap in logic. Just try to honestly think about it. You're talking about an infinitely loving, infinitely compassionate being, who deliberately creates imperfect beings, and then refuses to forgive them for their imperfections unless innocent blood is spilled. There's the gap. Infinitely compassionate =/= demanding innocent bloodshed.

Don't bother replying with another sermon, because I promise you I've heard it all before. What I haven't heard is an explanation for blood, which cannot be shed without suffering/death, being some kind of currency in which an all-loving ? deals.
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited March 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    According to the definition you gave, it doesn't suggest any moral outcomes or constraints. Just because someone is concerned or observant of the facts doesn't mean that the facts are good or used for good. I think drug dealers can be pragmatic. They know the facts of what drugs can do. They know for a fact that those addicted to drugs will be more willing to pay a lot of money for it than someone who isn't. They also know the facts about getting caught and the time you serve. Yet, these people are not what you consider good. Being pragmatic seems to have a very loose meaning.

Most world problems are not moral problems. World hunger can be couched in moral terms but the solution to the problem has nothing to do with morals. It has everything to do with finding ways to increase the world food supply. These increases would result from pragmatic decisions.

The reality is we have drug-dealers because it often a good choice. If the penalty, fully weighed, is not seen as too cumbersome compared to the rewards then it is a pragmatic choice.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    How can ? be a coping mechanism? The name of this being doesn't suggest comfort to me. A deity seem to suggest terror for those trying to side with him. When a deity gets upset, it's catastrophic; volcanos erupting, lightning striking, and the winds blowing. You don't really know if you are in this deity's favor or not. You can doing something you think is what he wants only to still be cursed.

But there is still hope and a chance that ? is a possibility. Thats all that really matters at the end of the day.... for those theist out their
  • Extermination
    Extermination Members Posts: 35
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Your question is too broad and contains too many variables.

I don't think religion should count towards the scientific understanding of society, theocratic governments don't tend to work well anyways.

Focus on the direct needs of the human race before attempting to restore spiritual faith, if it hasn't already been lost in poverty-stricken conditions.
  • phanatron
    phanatron Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Then what are our answers to the issues of the world? What are we doing to identify the problems faced and come to conclusions that will benefit mankind as a whole? Are we making any progress or are things getting worse?

? has never been the answer to the 'world's problems. There is no murder in the jungle, no ? in the wild, no corruption amongst animals. The problems that human face are because we are 'social' creatures. We solve problems not because a ? demands it of us but because in order to have a functioning, productive society there must be rules. The idea of a ? has been used to establish whose rules are best or to give some sense of authority but we are at a point in our own history that we recognize law without ? . No one is petitioning ? to figure out what the speed limit should be, how high should taxes be set, or whether we should have mail service on Saturdays. All of these things are the product of a society that has grown and adapted to fit the needs of the people that live within. ? doesn't exist and we don't need 'him'.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    whar67 wrote: »
    Most world problems are not moral problems. World hunger can be couched in moral terms but the solution to the problem has nothing to do with morals. It has everything to do with finding ways to increase the world food supply. These increases would result from pragmatic decisions.

The reality is we have drug-dealers because it often a good choice. If the penalty, fully weighed, is not seen as too cumbersome compared to the rewards then it is a pragmatic choice.

You are right in not all decisions are moral. The solution to some of them are quite simple...like hunger. However, there is the dilemma that everyone who eats is not doing so because they are hungry. Greed may be more a factor than being without food. People would want more than their share. How do you stop people from being greedy when it comes to food? Just as there are those who are greedy, there are those who are selfish with food. How do you stop someone from being that way?

Being a drug dealer may be good for the pushers, but what about the fiends? What about the families of those fiends? There may be some families that could care less, but what about those who care and the injustice they may feel towards the drug dealers?
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    this is a strange and interesting topic, it's one of the few things i remember as a kid going to church because it used to disturb me as a child.

i remember it was common that they mentioned "the blood of a lamb" and all these references to sacrificing sheep. wtf was all that about? what is killing a lamb for ? supposed to do? ? used to disturb me i was probably only 6 or 7 years old, thankfully the last time i been to church was around then too.
  • And Step
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    A sad an lonely entity? If the majority of the bible gods creations chooses Satan (or just goes to hell), wouldn't that mean Satan was more successful at convincing people to join him than the bible and all his identities?
    I mean what if the world turned it's back on the bible ? , what will he do? Drown us all? Send us all the hell? Make satan's army even bigger?

I'm just saying.

He would be us and we would be him. ? and Satan are minds of men. Just in different directions.
  • The_African
    The_African Members Posts: 174
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • The True Flesh
    The True Flesh Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of ? our Saviour;

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of ? ; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
    1 Corinthians 15:50-54

T/S You make a good point. If the devil claims more souls than ? .......I guess that really would be a loss. But that's not the case, victory belongs to ? . Read all about it in the Bible.

.......all He does is win.......literally /no Khaled

PEACE
  • The GMW
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's one of the first things that made me start questioning Christianity as well, and to this day I have never seen anyone even attempt to come up with a direct and reasonable answer. It's always "? works in mysterious ways" and "we petty mortals are not meant to know". I mean, that shouldn't surprise me... there's really no logical way to justify it.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's one of the first things that made me start questioning Christianity as well, and to this day I have never seen anyone even attempt to come up with a direct and reasonable answer. It's always "? works in mysterious ways" and "we petty mortals are not meant to know". I mean, that shouldn't surprise me... there's really no logical way to justify it.

LOL. Typical. You give an answer and because the answer is truth, the person refuses to accept it. Go figure.

I'll let Jack deal with you......
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    sooooo.... why do we slaughter lambs for ? ? i must have missed where someone actually addressed the topic.