Tompetrez Realtalk on HipHop...

Options

Comments

• tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    u know what. maaaaaan ? ti. ever since this ? got out of summer camp he been poppin off like he done held down a yard at folsom or something. he gets no stripes from spending a year in punk city in the feds. fyi the feds are like a closed campus college. the hardest part about doing fed time is that its so comfortable you actually forget you are in prison. them ? got direct tv, dorm style cells with desks, mattresses, shelves. they get to pick out what they want to eat through out the day. they go outside as the feel like it. they wear their own clothes, shoes and jewelry. they can use the computer and make long distance phone calls when needed. they get good medical care with assigned career counselors. they meet up in a lobby for "roll call". i done had cousins/uncles who went fed. i know what im talking about. ti poppin all that ? like he stepped out of supermax. the south been cool for a minute. no real relevant beefs and ti wants to comeback and start ? like a ashy foot pregnant ? . we all know he dissing luda and sneak dissing jeezy. luda deserves it because he is the lamest rapper on earth but ti is venting digust with jeezy because gucci took over and brought his 1017 boys on deck and cte has been quiet and jeezy taking his time with 103. the ? a mixtape title is a ? sublim at jeezy and gucci for changing the climate of atlanta hip hop. instead of acting like a king, a man of honor, confidence and wisdom, ti resorts to acting like a little ? by knocking the original hustle and ? of hip hop:mixtapes. hip hop started with mixtapes. they aint going anywhere. naw it aint ? a mixtape its ? you TI. i swear these little ? sell a million records and act like they too good for their roots. ironically ? a mixtape is just that. a ? up mixtape full of forgetful TI yawners that his LIENHOLDERS (TIME WARNER MUSIC GROUP) told him to put out to warm up his ? to sellout again on his upcoming album. remember those jews own TI like a slave. he isnt on his grind. atlantic records had to pull alot of strings in the illuminati to get his 15 year sentence reduced to 1. its more like ****** ? TOO WORK.
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    reasonable doubt isnt a classic. i dont give a ? what the "heddz" or jigga warriors say. reasonable doubt does not even rank up in the top 5 albums released in 96. and ? u jigga warriors too. u dudes are gonna march in here with some kind of fan fiction on how you bought RD the day it came out and been a jay z fan since 1996. if you have to go all out that far to make ur favorite rapper a credible legend you can collect your L on the way out the thread and all i have to say to that is get the ? outta here. Jay Z had no instant appeal when RD dropped. no one even knew his name because he was playing second banana to fox gettin his ? on in the aint no ? video. no one took jay z serious until he sold his soul in 1998. he was just a regional star if you even want to give him that much credit. i was in lafyette gardens from June-early aug 1996 then back again dec 96-jan 97. I remember IWW/heltah skeltah/busta rhymes/redman/lil kim and fox getting burn and buzz in the streets of brooklyn. no one was talking about reasonable doubt. that ? flew under the radar and that was in NY. ? reasonable doubt. that was the summer of crossroads and all eyes on me. and that was the winter of muddy waters and ironman. u ? are ? nuts. aint no ? way none of u ? on the IC is gonna tell me jay z dropped a classic that year.jay z wasnt ? in 1996 neither was his ? boring ass debut album. it took a year for the album to go gold and didnt reach plat until 2001. this RD being a classic ? didnt start until the time of his beef with Nas and they needed something to compete with illmatic. RD boring sappy production, garbage rhymes, ? poor debut album. 1/5 in my lifetime is the only jawn that saves this album and that came out in 1995. smh.

real jay z fans know that his crowning acheivement was the vol 1 album. the city is mine, a million and one, rap game ? game, who ya wit, sunshine are classic bangers showcasing Jay Z at his finest and the Streets Is Watching sdtk is Jay Z pushing his skills to the max before he sold out later that year
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    reasonable doubt isnt a classic. i dont give a ? what the "heddz" or jigga warriors say. reasonable doubt does not even rank up in the top 5 albums released in 96. and ? u jigga warriors too. u dudes are gonna march in here with some kind of fan fiction on how you bought RD the day it came out and been a jay z fan since 1996. if you have to go all out that far to make ur favorite rapper a credible legend you can collect your L on the way out the thread and all i have to say to that is get the ? outta here. Jay Z had no instant appeal when RD dropped. no one even knew his name because he was playing second banana to fox gettin his ? on in the aint no ? video. no one took jay z serious until he sold his soul in 1998. he was just a regional star if you even want to give him that much credit. i was in lafyette gardens from June-early aug 1996 then back again dec 96-jan 97. I remember IWW/heltah skeltah/busta rhymes/redman/lil kim and fox getting burn and buzz in the streets of brooklyn. no one was talking about reasonable doubt. that ? flew under the radar and that was in NY. ? reasonable doubt. that was the summer of crossroads and all eyes on me. and that was the winter of muddy waters and ironman. u ? are ? nuts. aint no ? way none of u ? on the IC is gonna tell me jay z dropped a classic that year.jay z wasnt ? in 1996 neither was his ? boring ass debut album. it took a year for the album to go gold and didnt reach plat until 2001. this RD being a classic ? didnt start until the time of his beef with Nas and they needed something to compete with illmatic. RD boring sappy production, garbage rhymes, ? poor debut album. 1/5 in my lifetime is the only jawn that saves this album and that came out in 1995. smh.

real jay z fans know that his crowning acheivement was the vol 1 album. the city is mine, a million and one, rap game ? game, who ya wit, sunshine are classic bangers showcasing Jay Z at his finest and the Streets Is Watching sdtk is Jay Z pushing his skills to the max before he sold out later that year
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yroholla wrote: »
    Very interesting till you said "boring sappy production, garbage rhymes, ? poor debut album"...... you really have to explain yourself after those statements cause everything you said before that automatically is up for investigation

the album was boring and forgettable. Jay z flow accounts for most of the fail because he barely rode these beats. he was still ironing out his fu schnickens flow. ? plays catch up on every 3-4 bars with a run on line. the album starts to sound like a guy doing his best bone impersonation. the subject matter is tired and rehashed even for 90s hip hop. especially since OB4CL and even Trigga/Smoothe were more introspective and cinematic with their albums about the drug game which came before RD. Jay Z wasnt saying nothing new or witty. the production is bland it sounded like a throwaway beat tape of tracks that didnt make illadelphiahalife. the music and jay z does not reach me like it did on vol 1 and siw sdtk.

here is another reason why i know RD was boring then and now. i lived for friday midnights when yo mtv raps would come on in 95-96. my vcr was always on ready with a tape. they went super dumb ? hard with the videos one night. shadowboxing, get money, lets play house, cowboys, world is a ghetto, funkorama, woo haw remix, loungin remix, hay in the middle of the barn. my tape was stacked until it got to the cant knock the hustle video. man i put that ? on pause and had to sit through that ? . that song would always put me to sleep and it did. next thing i know headbangers ball is on and my dad screaming at me about falling a sleep with the stereo, tv and lights on lol. ? jay z
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yroholla wrote: »
    Very interesting till you said "boring sappy production, garbage rhymes, ? poor debut album"...... you really have to explain yourself after those statements cause everything you said before that automatically is up for investigation

the album was boring and forgettable. Jay z flow accounts for most of the fail because he barely rode these beats. he was still ironing out his fu schnickens flow. ? plays catch up on every 3-4 bars with a run on line. the album starts to sound like a guy doing his best bone impersonation. the subject matter is tired and rehashed even for 90s hip hop. especially since OB4CL and even Trigga/Smoothe were more introspective and cinematic with their albums about the drug game which came before RD. Jay Z wasnt saying nothing new or witty. the production is bland it sounded like a throwaway beat tape of tracks that didnt make illadelphiahalife. the music and jay z does not reach me like it did on vol 1 and siw sdtk.

here is another reason why i know RD was boring then and now. i lived for friday midnights when yo mtv raps would come on in 95-96. my vcr was always on ready with a tape. they went super dumb ? hard with the videos one night. shadowboxing, get money, lets play house, cowboys, world is a ghetto, funkorama, woo haw remix, loungin remix, hay in the middle of the barn. my tape was stacked until it got to the cant knock the hustle video. man i put that ? on pause and had to sit through that ? . that song would always put me to sleep and it did. next thing i know headbangers ball is on and my dad screaming at me about falling a sleep with the stereo, tv and lights on lol. ? jay z
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i dont have a prob with swizz. his generic hooks are party starters. he has fun with his music and i cant hate on that.
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    no wonder he is always concerned with dissing women
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yeah c delores tucker, dionne warrick, al sharpton, oprah, don cornelius, black churches and some other black uncle toms were helping trying to ban hip hop in the early 90s. yes they were actually trying to stop rap music. nwa were the ones that got the snowball rolling but it turned into an avalanche with ice t cop killer. i remember when my cable company first got c span back in 91-92 these ? committe hearings used to come on with these uncle toms and aunt jemimahs name dropping rappers like they just picked up a word up magazine. they said kwame and young mc were ? rappers exploting women that goes to show you what they really knew what was going on. they are the reason why the secret service was following ice t and ice cube. and they didnt give a ? about the community. they did this for their own personal gain. dionne warrick was a fortune teller trying to stay relevant LMAO, c delores tucker was all about grants and funding of her husband many fraudlent ventures. don cornelious sold his soul to warner brothers and they didnt even show their pet ****** any love back. these people were chastising their own race during these hearings with many disrepect jabs at people living in poverty. painting us a savages more than the whites already believe. thats why pac said what he said. if delores really cared she would use those education grants that she swindled probably millions from and actually used it on schools, economic outreach programs in these hoods she act like she was speaking for.
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yeah c delores tucker, dionne warrick, al sharpton, oprah, don cornelius, black churches and some other black uncle toms were helping trying to ban hip hop in the early 90s. yes they were actually trying to stop rap music. nwa were the ones that got the snowball rolling but it turned into an avalanche with ice t cop killer. i remember when my cable company first got c span back in 91-92 these ? committe hearings used to come on with these uncle toms and aunt jemimahs name dropping rappers like they just picked up a word up magazine. they said kwame and young mc were ? rappers exploting women that goes to show you what they really knew what was going on. they are the reason why the secret service was following ice t and ice cube. and they didnt give a ? about the community. they did this for their own personal gain. dionne warrick was a fortune teller trying to stay relevant LMAO, c delores tucker was all about grants and funding of her husband many fraudlent ventures. don cornelious sold his soul to warner brothers and they didnt even show their pet ****** any love back. these people were chastising their own race during these hearings with many disrepect jabs at people living in poverty. painting us a savages more than the whites already believe. thats why pac said what he said. if delores really cared she would use those education grants that she swindled probably millions from and actually used it on schools, economic outreach programs in these hoods she act like she was speaking for.
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    wow. this is the future that u dudes been cosignin since last year. LMAO/SMH at the same time. just effin wow. i dont feel sorry for him. this is the life he always brags about. maybe if he wouldnt go on 24 hour champange diets his mind would be a little bit more clearer and focused to his surroundings. everybody want to be a ? rockstar but aint ready to deal with the bad that comes along with the good. Pac died for this rap ? . I hope drake wasnt expecting a cakewalk in the industry in these days. spoiled trust fund ? is in his mid 20s ( *jim rome voice*ALLEGEDLY) and is just seeing the world for what it truly is. i wonder has he even seen a dead body before. he seems sheltered and wet behind the ears. maaaaaaaaan i feel sorry for yall young ? because yall dont have the rappers who are keeping it real with yall. thank ? i was born in early 80s and got to see/hear real G's like P.E., Cube, Spice,Pac, who painted pictures of the universal struggle we all face with the evils of the world instead of some new jack lame ? like Drake, BOB, Cudi, Wale always going out their way to seperate themselves from reality with this spaced out, rockstar, emo rap and ? .
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    wow. this is the future that u dudes been cosignin since last year. LMAO/SMH at the same time. just effin wow. i dont feel sorry for him. this is the life he always brags about. maybe if he wouldnt go on 24 hour champange diets his mind would be a little bit more clearer and focused to his surroundings. everybody want to be a ? rockstar but aint ready to deal with the bad that comes along with the good. Pac died for this rap ? . I hope drake wasnt expecting a cakewalk in the industry in these days. spoiled trust fund ? is in his mid 20s ( *jim rome voice*ALLEGEDLY) and is just seeing the world for what it truly is. i wonder has he even seen a dead body before. he seems sheltered and wet behind the ears. maaaaaaaaan i feel sorry for yall young ? because yall dont have the rappers who are keeping it real with yall. thank ? i was born in early 80s and got to see/hear real G's like P.E., Cube, Spice,Pac, who painted pictures of the universal struggle we all face with the evils of the world instead of some new jack lame ? like Drake, BOB, Cudi, Wale always going out their way to seperate themselves from reality with this spaced out, rockstar, emo rap and ? .
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    hell yeah i still believe in buying albums. you not hip hop if you not buying music. PERIOD. i buy new release vinyls every tuesday it dont matter if i dont like the artist or cant afford it i still make it work. ? i just bought lady gaga/metallica records yesterday. im getting that thank me later in 2 weeks when they press it. i even got a nice collection of the camels albums and lots of his 12". i still buy cassette tapes also. its in my blood. beats and rhymes made a perfect point about the record store. the record store used to be the original hip hop forum. u could meet local artists, graf artists, dancers, dj's, mc's, promoters, stans and fans, haters, even women FACE TO FACE and discuss hip hop, network and learn about the culture.
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    smh@ these jigga warriors getting their ? wet over some entredes a head start kid could decipher. ? jay z. if you want multiple meaning in a one liner pick up any wu tang release especially liquid swords and ironman. ? yall ? think jay z is some deep technical poet. hell break down ghostface verse on "bells of war" or 2nd verse of "one". GZA's "living in the world today" and "gold" are full of entredes that will have you doing research and rewinding for years. u think some old ass ? that talks about selling drugs in 1988 for over 13 albums can go deeper than the wu technically and jewel wise. gtfoh. ? jay z
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The immortality of my fame is the measure of other's torture
    Burnt offer, from a flamin author
    The falconer who flies enough birds for the chase
    Strictly excel in what is excellence with grace
    The significance was not the ? applause of interest
    but the feelin that exit, completion of a sentence

With age and experience, my reason ripens
    I strike on you Vikings, slash like a hyphen
    If you enter the house of fortune by the gate of pleasure
    You will leave by sorrow, the flow measures

everything fails with the unfortunate
    Learned that recordin it, so my mind broaden it
    Track records, ranks us, with the exceptional
    Extreme complex physics, high technical
    The truth is usually seen and rarely heard
    What's more dangerous than hatred, is the word
    You wild cards, Jack of all trades
    Those who parade their positions, show their Spades

A large flock of MC's, they figure to be taught
    It ain't hard to see why I'm vigorously saught
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    dumb
    ?
    artist
    kissing
    everyone's ass
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Tompetrez3 presents ? JAY Z coming soon to a hoof near you!

1. A night in Cairo intro
    2. Takeover pt 2 (? JAY Z)
    3. Shawncleta Bounce
    4. Still-Bourne
    5. Super Awkward
    6. Imaginary Llama
    7. Dehaven Skit
    8. Coke Mule f/Dehaven, Klein
    9. Crackin Bottles f/Fat Joe
    10. Shootin Blanks (Brooklyn We Go Soft Remix) f/Foxy Brown
    11. Carmex Thoughts f/Jimmie Walker
    12. Unauthorized Biography of Shawn Knowles executive produced by Jaz O foreword by Beans
    13. Forever Old
    14. Yew Red E Bee f/solange
    15. American Wanksta
    16. C.A.M.E.L. (Cash Always Makes Evil Llamas)
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    dissapointment. i could make the same beat on my nephew dollar store keyboard. smh at this ? . this isnt a ? banger. dre should be ashamed of himself. too busy suckin ? and eatin ? . he's talking about saving the game but he is doing the same thing all these other producers are with this techno ? . very pathetic and dissapointing. yeah this sure has cali written over it. SAN FRANSICO!

jay z. money and cars. damn can this old ass ? switch up his flow. now he is biting off drake.
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    dissapointment. i could make the same beat on my nephew dollar store keyboard. smh at this ? . this isnt a ? banger. dre should be ashamed of himself. too busy suckin ? and eatin ? . he's talking about saving the game but he is doing the same thing all these other producers are with this techno ? . very pathetic and dissapointing. yeah this sure has cali written over it. SAN FRANSICO!

jay z. money and cars. damn can this old ass ? switch up his flow. now he is biting off drake.
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yall ? need to stop with this "club banger" ? . yall said the same thing about massive attack and that track will make people exit the floor like a fire drill. i guarantee this wont catch on in the clubs. smh. quit making excuses for dr. dre. whats so "cool" about a 50 year old man rapping about smoking weed, packing guns and ? . that is the same ? waka is rapping about. hell at least waka got a ear for beats. this techno ? is played out like autotune. this is hip hop. ? need to get back to the boom bap basics instead of experimenting in these other genres trying to appease to a club crowd. club goers dont buy music like that. why buy the album when they can come to the club and hear it? i thought these legends were smarter than that. and also what does this sound has to do with the context of detox?
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yall ? need to stop with this "club banger" ? . yall said the same thing about massive attack and that track will make people exit the floor like a fire drill. i guarantee this wont catch on in the clubs. smh. quit making excuses for dr. dre. whats so "cool" about a 50 year old man rapping about smoking weed, packing guns and ? . that is the same ? waka is rapping about. hell at least waka got a ear for beats. this techno ? is played out like autotune. this is hip hop. ? need to get back to the boom bap basics instead of experimenting in these other genres trying to appease to a club crowd. club goers dont buy music like that. why buy the album when they can come to the club and hear it? i thought these legends were smarter than that. and also what does this sound has to do with the context of detox?
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    please can the "its not finished excuses". syrup on top of ? dont make it pancakes. anything else added will further ruin the track. this makes me belive more of the ghostproducer stories out there about dre. how can u call yourself a legend releasing hot garbage like this. still smh at a 50 year old ? . the same age as my father rapping about packing guns, ? and weed. imma play this ? for my dad this weekend and ask him is this what 50 year old men do lol. u talk about southern coonage? hell look at that ? jay z damn near 50 rapping about his money, cars, women and killing his own kind like soulja boy, waka and gucci. if that isnt a blackfaced watermelon sammich eatin niggar then i dont know what is. jay z is supposed to be this futuristic trend setter talking about the same ? he did on reasonable doubt. ? kinda been old. talk about some new ? to get these minds interested in hip hop instead of trying to boast himself up as some almight entity of rhyme. the ? mc is stealing rhyme patterns from drake now. smh. keep ya head up young chris i know whats up with this punk ass ? jay z. biter. maaaaaan ? jay z and like gee757 say FUUUUUUUUUUUK DRE!!!
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    please can the "its not finished excuses". syrup on top of ? dont make it pancakes. anything else added will further ruin the track. this makes me belive more of the ghostproducer stories out there about dre. how can u call yourself a legend releasing hot garbage like this. still smh at a 50 year old ? . the same age as my father rapping about packing guns, ? and weed. imma play this ? for my dad this weekend and ask him is this what 50 year old men do lol. u talk about southern coonage? hell look at that ? jay z damn near 50 rapping about his money, cars, women and killing his own kind like soulja boy, waka and gucci. if that isnt a blackfaced watermelon sammich eatin niggar then i dont know what is. jay z is supposed to be this futuristic trend setter talking about the same ? he did on reasonable doubt. ? kinda been old. talk about some new ? to get these minds interested in hip hop instead of trying to boast himself up as some almight entity of rhyme. the ? mc is stealing rhyme patterns from drake now. smh. keep ya head up young chris i know whats up with this punk ass ? jay z. biter. maaaaaan ? jay z and like gee757 say FUUUUUUUUUUUK DRE!!!
  • tompetrez3
    edited June 2010
    Options
    shoutout to the ? feeling this track. its humorous but yet sad on what ? these artists can pass on to the fans and yall co sign this garbage. great way of not convincing oneself that you are selling yourself short of decent music. two ? in they late 40s rapping about money, ? and guns. so futuristic. well worth the wait. i see why em went to his own production camp and just blaze for recovery. dre is washed up on the mic, on the boards. he might as well scrap detox and call it a career. he is 8 years late with this ? . should of dropped detox when his camp was at their strongest. dre had em, 50, g unit, game, l bishop, raekwon, busta, joell, mobb deep, stat, d12, obie all on the same roster at one time and he failed to capitilize of that ? . lazy ? too busy sucking ? and eating ? to hear what the fans wanted. now its 2010 and this what he insult his longtime fans and belivers with. there is nothing earth shattering about this track. there is nothing signature about this song. ? that club banger excuse. dre is supposed to be the goat. he is supposed to set the tone that these other producers follow. not vice versa. a goat doesnt need the club banger gimmick. a banger is a banger universally. all of this buzz for 10+ years about a first single that sounds like it was made last night. smh.