Tompetrez Realtalk on HipHop...

Options

Comments

• tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    wow. when Jay Z disses someone like Taylor Swift or Deshawn Stephson u camel jockeys call it "strategic" and "creative" but when someone takes a shot a Jay Z yall ? call it lame and desperate for attention. Cam aint looking for attention. He just speaking on the slick ? Jay Z and Kanye be saying about dame. u know all those little ? shots in his songs about grown men crying. Yall getting worked up for nothing. We all know Jay Z is a giant ? who wont reply unless you appear to be weak. You know you need to retire from hip hop when Jim Jones styles on u
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    she got a ass on her
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    First and foremost its already a bite of Nas 2 CLASSIC NY tracks. Its a ? song whether Alicia or Jay Z is on it. Its a generic wikipedia guide to the common cliche descriptions of NYC. Jay Z spoke about himself more than NY on the song. All those legends in NY and this ? name drops Lebron and Wade who gonna keep the knicks from reaching a title for at least 5 more years. Hell the heat and Knicks are rival. What does a Fort Lee, NJ Hov know about NYC? Blood Money, NYSOM, Yall Out There, South Bronx, The Bridge, Deja Vu, Danger and Ja Rule New York are bigger NY anthems than ? ass Empire State of Bite. smh @ that ? whipped man-wife name dropping MY STATE in a NY Anthem. ? ? ? JAY Z
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Nothing memorable about Jay Z's verse on this garbage ass song. At least Busta named all of those NY legends on New York ? . Jay Z too busy sucking on Lebron/Wade to mention a former Knicks/Nets Players. smh @ this ? mentioning Texas before saying New York on the track. This aint no NY anthem

>>>>> Empire State of Bite
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    usuncl3tom havin a fit in this thread. u the biggest ? hater on this board. LMAO @ this ? catching feelings about Jay Z being 200 Million short. go sell some of your man ? to help your husband catch up.

661 Million>440 Million
    Owning your own label in 1997> Getting pimped by Def Jam in 1997
    No Limit Records>Rocafella
    The New No Limit>Roc Nation
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ekscape wrote: »
    got dayum lmao you're had for Jay is just making your delushional now... lmao wow

- first of all what as the difference of Master P having No Limit and Jay having Rocafella in the 90's... both labels distributed off a major (neither truly owned by the rappers)
    - second of all... the old no limit over the old rocafella? lmao lmao so you're saying... Silk the Shocker and Mia X over Beanie Sigel and Kanye West? lmao
    - and the new no limit over roc nation? lmao so you're saying Lil Romeo over J. Cole?

GET THE F*CK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT BULLSH*T

and master p is not worth half a billion dollars... i'm not hating on the man, it's the true fact... that man doesn't make nearly as much money as he used to
    rn

1. P was getting a 85% return DOLO while Jay Z was sharing the few crumbs he got from Def Jam with Dame and Biggs. Master P had a pressing and distribution deal that freed him from any contractual ties to EMI/Capiitol/Priority. Jay Z was a worker bee Rocafella/Def Jam artist. (not to mention a Priority slave in 1996 while P was INDEPENDENT) Lyor Cohen owned his ass until he retired. Jay Z didnt get P/D-manufacturing with Def Jam until 2002. 7 years after master P did it in 1995. P could drop an album from his roster ANYTIME while Jay Z had to get permission from Biggs and Dame, THEN COHEN AND SIMMONS. Like I said Jay Z was getting pimped like a ? on Def Jam. MASTER P OWNS ALL OF HIS MASTERS. 100+ ALBUMS. Jay Z just owns RD masters. smh.

2. Old No Limit sold more records than the Rocafella. Master P had a wider variety of artists going gold and platnium than the Roc

3. New No Limit sold more records than Roc Nation. Roc Nation been around for 2 years and that lazy camel only dropped his own project under that label. How is Jay Z a hustler when he has no product.
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Im still trying to figure out what was so NY about the song. Most of the song was about his self indulgence. smh @ name droppin your old connect and place where yall did drops offs. the rest of the track is just mumblin common cliches. yes we know NY has cabs. yes we know NY has tall buildings and bright lights. every major metropolitan area has that now. dude only mentions 2 boroughs. How can you make a hip hop song about NY and dont mention the Birthplace of hip hop? How can you speak on the Knicks and fail to mention the 72-73/93-94/99 teams? and most importantly look at the wack ? title of the song. Empire State of Mind. why isnt he speaking on other areas of NY since its the empire state?
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    How the ? are you in an "empire state of mind" when u dont mention upstate or west NY but u manage to plug in Texas on the track?
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    P was walking on 24K gold floors conducting multi million dollar business back when Jay Z needed Dame/Biggs to speak on his behalf to Cohen and Simmons to renegotiate a contract.
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options

"Rowdy like a hurricane/INDEPENDENT BLACK OWNED"
    "you used to see CEO's with suits and ties/Now we thug ? with tennis shoes and diamonds/EXECUTIVE STREET MILLIONAIRES"

this was back when Jay Z was dressing like this

JZ_S_FTFB_B.jpg

*Jay Z-yo dame. uh. um. auh. can you do me a solid?. um I uh need my contract renegotiated. if im going to be making videos dressing and dancin like will smith, I need to get some of his paper. auh. that 6 degrees of seperation type paper at least*
    *Dame-Okay Jay, just remember to hold your head up this time and dont run out the building again when Cohen call you ugly*
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    this little ? can flow better than Jay Z old ass
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Old ass ? cant wear timbs because of their ? up ankles, shot knees and diminshed calves.
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Old ass ? cant wear timbs because of their ? up ankles, shot knees and diminshed calves.
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    hey tompetrez are you mexican?

im a poor black southerner
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    He ridin with Mase, Eddie Murphy and usuncl3tom looking for trannies to pick up and take flicks with
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'm at the, gamblin spot, my hands on a knot
    New York Yankee cap cover my eyes, stand in one spot
    I take a ? dough, send him home, to a shoebox
    You lost that ? I put your dollar in the jukebox
    Hear my favorite song, all these ? sing along
    All the ciggarette smoke's cloggin my lungs, hoodrats flashin they tongue
    Young thugs blastin they gun, we got reputations
    ? and ? both on parole or probation
    ? is sick, ? got gats, army fatigues
    I got my eyes glued on, whoever walk in the lead
    Cause I ain't playin, ? 'll run up in here and shoot up this ?
    Stick yo' ass up, ? 'll find the loot in your kicks
    Bunch of triple-cross ? , just New York ?
    Lift you off your feet when they was just talkin with you
    Some of these dudes the Feds be on em, you knew em for years
    Be the type when you walk in a pub, they offer you beers
    That ain't gangsta, ? is up North with tatted tears
    Your name's on the affadavit, you ratted kid
    ? -ass ? that be scared to do they bids
    ? you, we run you out of N.Y, you can't live
    Got your quiet ? , that relocated down South
    comin back to floss, then you got the jealous loudmouths
    All of a sudden we got Crips and Bloods, D.T.'s
    runnin round quick to split your mug, it's ea-sy to score
    but it's hard to get the ? off
    ? fightin over hundred sales, jump in the car and drive off
    When the fiend come around the block, happy as hell
    ? , mad cause they ain't get a piece of that sale
    Cutthroat connivers, universal, ghetto survivors
    Go to any hood that's live and make it liver
    A lot of ? scheamin, some real, some ? frontin
    But I'm a big dreamer, so watch me come up with somethin
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LOL ... yeah man ... there was a contract in place that gave P 85%, then suddenly they didnt want to give him 85% anymore LOL smh

yeah man ... when someone sues you for copyright infringement, you can just file for bankruptcy to aviod paying them LOL smh

you just said P distributed his own cds ... and own all his masters ... how the ? could they possibly get taken away??

you just talking right now cuzz .. and im just laughin LOL

EMI absorbed all those labels under the Capitol umbrella and destroyed them like Sony did with Relativity/Loud in 1988. Priority Records as an entity has not existed since 2002 only a retro catalog label now. EMI was trying to shut down the no limit empire. They dissolved that New Line Cinema film production deal and EMI suits were always in litigations from day 1 to void all those contracts before the merger. The turn of the decade threatened the major labels because they were handing out too many label, 50/50 and distribution deals that werent making them any money back. The big 5 at that time felt like their mainframe was being challenged so thats when they started all those megers and absoring labels to keep their power in their hands. just like the artist wants to make big bucks. they do too. EMI was trying to make master P an artist and artist only. thats like telling a man leave your business to work for me or we wont distribute you. and P declined to sign with them. That was the main reason for all of those unsurfaced albums Like tank dogz, D.I.G., Mac Fiend duet, Animal Cruelty movie. EMI wasnt letting that ? have no more independent power. and he wasnt the only one affected. Dru Ha walked because EMI wanted his freedom, so did mack 10, snoop dogg, RZA's Wu Tang Records/Priority Records deal died too. They was bullshitting with Face's Noo Trybe/RAL/? deal also. There was supposed to be a My Homies movie, and Last of was supposed to be released in early 99 instead of nov 2000 EMI was playing hard ball with their lawyers. you got to keep in mind Richard Branson that billionaire ? was on the board of EMI he didnt like sharing money with no ? .
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    its the lost verses to dont you know. when he says rewind Nas life with 1 shotgun blast and should of got hova son across your belly I havent heard that diss since like early 2002
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    its the lost verses to dont you know. when he says rewind Nas life with 1 shotgun blast and should of got hova son across your belly I havent heard that diss since like early 2002
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Jay Z also had another verse dissing Nas on the BP1 leaked version of South Philly ? and South Of France freestyle
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Jay Z also had another verse dissing Nas on the BP1 leaked version of South Philly ? and South Of France freestyle
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options

yeah thats the song. there is a version with 3 verses and thats the one where he disses Nas. starts off something like "must i dust this ? nas of the suface of the earth" or someshit i havent heard it in almost 9 years
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options

yeah thats the song. there is a version with 3 verses and thats the one where he disses Nas. starts off something like "must i dust this ? nas of the suface of the earth" or someshit i havent heard it in almost 9 years
  • tompetrez3
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Hollywood Cole>Wheel Chair Jimmy