Who else does Em have to son on a feature for everyone to accept the truth???

Options
124»

Comments

• Capo1
    Capo1 Members Posts: 789
    edited March 2010
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    I said it before, willsayit again ::

When Em can ? Lupe, then we'll talk...

what the ? is the big deal about lupe fiasco? even lupe kniows he cant ? wit eminem...
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • goodfella2050
    goodfella2050 Members Posts: 236
    edited March 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Big's verse was better than Em's and even then it still dont count.

Forever no one really stood out, everybody had solid/decent verses.

Welcome to D Block was a toss up.

On We Aint it was a play on what Nas said about Jay on Renegade, but in terms of the verses it was a toss up.

I'll give you 50 Cent

Jay Z and Em was a toss up on Renegade.

You lost all credability after that one man

And I don't know how you can call lupe one of the greatest mcs of our time with no classic albums, lets just hope he doesn't turn into cannibus
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I need to listen to more Lupe IDK his fans SWEAR on they life that he the greatest thing to rap in history I just dont hear it.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Capo1 wrote: »
    A lot of black people will never be able to accept eminem as one of the greats....It's just too big of a shot to their ego to have a white rapper spitting better than most blacks. You even have some saying that he didn't have the best verse on forever...i mean, everyone has an opinion, but c'mon now...eminem ? that beat and destroyed everyone on that track. You also have some saying "well, eminem didn't say anything blah blah blah." 90% of hip hop songs don't say anything worth a dime. Drake was spitting about nemo and chemo, kanye was spittin about mclovin and superbad, and wayne was telling everyone how he is once again a martian and the world is his theme park. I mean, c'mon...the excuses are laughable

? that redneck is a racist who is usin black musik 2 get rich like elvis so da proud black people wit sense aint gonna support no redneck redneck only OREOZ listen 2 fem...lol thatz y that ? fem sold da most recordz n hiphop n 09 but that redneck was not on da BLACK MTV CHANNEL 'MTV JAMZ' TOP 10 HOTTEST MCZ OF 09 LIST cuz black folkz dont listen 2 that white devil musik marshall b makin...,,
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    I need to listen to more Lupe IDK his fans SWEAR on they life that he the greatest thing to rap in history I just dont hear it.

It depends on what you like in an artist.

Lupe is ::

-Technically Brilliant
    -Witty
    -Socially and Historically well-versed
    -A metaphoric genius - Whether surrealist-style or story oriented personification

If you know what, why and how he's saying what he's saying, then it's hard to deny his greatness, because no one can or has done what he does.

But it's all up to you.

Lupe is more complex than Em, and Nas, and Jay, and everyone else out.

If that's not your thing, then you'll never appreciate him.

And you don't have to either.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You lost all credability after that one man

And I don't know how you can call lupe one of the greatest mcs of our time with no classic albums, lets just hope he doesn't turn into cannibus

Why because it was universally accepted thanks to Nas verse on Ether that Em murdered him on his own ? ? For the longest I belived it too because Nas said it, but after getting older and listening it's closer than people think. This is the same thing people will believe about Horse having a better verse than Nas on Ochie Wally.
  • bigwurm1987
    bigwurm1987 Members Posts: 164
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Damn seem like everyday there is a new Eminem thread on here. lol
  • bigwurm1987
    bigwurm1987 Members Posts: 164
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Eminem is a dope MC but I kind of look at him like Tim Tebow in college football. He gets hyped up so damn much it just makes me not want to listen to his ? like I got tired of hearing about Tebow on ESPN.
  • AntnysWorld
    AntnysWorld Members Posts: 139
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Jay and Em touched on 2 different things on Renegade. I personally like Jay's verses more but that's not to discredit Em either. Em's cadence was really impressive but as far as what was being said I liked Jay more on Renegade. Another thing about Jay on Renegade that I liked is how he adjusted his style a lil' to compliment Em's. Em was just doing what he usually does no matter who he's rapping with (using a lot of multi-syllables).
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Catalog > Feature

EM does not have a classic album

• innercity99
    innercity99 Members Posts: 892
    edited March 2010
    Options
    why because it was universally accepted thanks to nas verse on ether that em murdered him on his own ? ? For the longest i belived it too because nas said it, but after getting older and listening it's closer than people think. This is the same thing people will believe about horse having a better verse than nas on ochie wally.

cosign 100%
  • P25Gutta
    P25Gutta Members Posts: 28
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Okay... Renegade I think that was tailor made track for Em and he did shine on it... his beat, his type of song, but Jay killed that track But Em was more hyper and louder on it, and people like him on it...I think it was Em track on a

Jay Z CD... On Biggie song he killed it but that was what biggie throw away rap... Patiently Waiting, toss up... The Game is wack anyway... Welcome 2 D-Block that song sucked... Forever, he was last on track so he had to ? it,

like begin the anchor on a relay...

I like to see him on a track with Fabulous or Papoose.... did he do a song with busta?? that is somebody thats as animated as he is ... Matter fact let Em and Jay go a RD 2 on track not produce by Em
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    P25Gutta wrote: »
    Okay... Renegade I think that was tailor made track for Em and he did shine on it... his beat, his type of song, but Jay killed that track But Em was more hyper and louder on it, and people like him on it...I think it was Em track on a

Jay Z CD... On Biggie song he killed it but that was what biggie throw away rap... Patiently Waiting, toss up... The Game is wack anyway... Welcome 2 D-Block that song sucked... Forever, he was last on track so he had to ? it,

like begin the anchor on a relay...

I like to see him on a track with Fabulous or Papoose.... did he do a song with busta?? that is somebody thats as animated as he is ... Matter fact let Em and Jay go a RD 2 on track not produce by Em

He done 2 joints with Busta the Hell Mary Ja Rule Diss joint and I'll Hurt You which was supposed to be the lead single for Big Bang before Funkmaster Flex leaked the song prior to being completed. I think Busta got Em on both tracks.

As for Renegade when Em did that song Em was public enemy # 1 by all those Fox News/religious types had Senate Hearings over his music, various protest and even President Bush and Ms. Cheney were all talking about him so his verses matched perfectly with what he was going thru. People easily forget that.
  • mr.foodstamps
    mr.foodstamps Members Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    Options
    listen im from the midwest 216 ive listen em's old sh*t like the (yzarcgnikucf) bootleg his old stuff with the outsidaz and all that and thats when em was on top of his game lyrically he killed forever and alot of other songs but em fell off i havent liked him for awhile he aint goat thats for real.
    top ten mc's
    pac
    big
    ghostface
    ice cube
    slug(atmosphere)
    elzhi
    lupe
    camron
    scarface
    ? c
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why because it was universally accepted thanks to Nas verse on Ether that Em murdered him on his own ? ? For the longest I belived it too because Nas said it, but after getting older and listening it's closer than people think. This is the same thing people will believe about Horse having a better verse than Nas on Ochie Wally.

because he did murder the camel on his own ? . blueprint 1 leaked mid july of 2001. renegade had napster on fire. it was a consensus way before ether was even thought about that em outshined jay z.

what did jay z do on the track? ride it like a ? . swerving from bar to bar with an uneasy and awkward delivery. jay z 2nd verse on renegade was total ? . i came to the fork in the road and went straight? he was winded and bested on the track and jay z knows it.

cant blame eminem. he is one of the last true lyricists to emerge in hip hop. the only person that can lyrically see eminem is canibus
  • McVit
    McVit Members Posts: 189
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Wait, Eminem sonned Wayne on Drop the World? Not on The Drop the World i listened too...
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited March 2010
    Options
    McVit wrote: »
    Wait, Eminem sonned Wayne on Drop the World? Not on The Drop the World i listened too...

are you kidding me?

eminem DESTROYED wayne on that
  • McVit
    McVit Members Posts: 189
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sym your a ? idiot Waynes lyrics were way better..Em had better flow
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Em never killed Jay or Wayne
    most ? say it cuz Em raps at a faster pace on some traaccs
    dont dont mean he going harder than the next guy
    Wayne and Jay both know how to hold their own on a tracc with Em and whoever else
  • whyteboyrapfan
    whyteboyrapfan Members Posts: 42
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i dont think em has been consistent enough with his albums to be called GOAT yet. he can easily achieve that though.

he came back hard on relapse and needs to keep it serious now instead of all that other comedy ? he does.
  • AntonLATroy
    AntonLATroy Members Posts: 331
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Eminem sonning Biggie? That's where this thread lost creditbility. Yes Eminem is a beast on features but he didn't son an 1993 rookie Biggie. Biggie BODIED "Dead Wrong" he had 2 verses. His presence and flow alone outshined Eminem. His storytelling was more real and believeable. Eminem was on some fantasy devil worshipping ? . Em's verse was dope, no doubt but you'd be hard press to find anyone putting Eminem over Biggie on that track. Matter of fact I could listen to Dead Wrong without Eminem verse just fine, I can't listen to Dead Wrong with just Eminem without Biggie, see the difference?. Also This callabo was a "Cut and Paste". 97 Biggie > 93 Biggie so again it's a joke you are using this as an example of Eminem sonning someone.

Made a thread about Eminem into a thread about Biggie LOL
  • P25Gutta
    P25Gutta Members Posts: 28
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    He done 2 joints with Busta the Hell Mary Ja Rule Diss joint and I'll Hurt You which was supposed to be the lead single for Big Bang before Funkmaster Flex leaked the song prior to being completed. I think Busta got Em on both tracks.

As for Renegade when Em did that song Em was public enemy # 1 by all those Fox News/religious types had Senate Hearings over his music, various protest and even President Bush and Ms. Cheney were all talking about him so his verses matched perfectly with what he was going thru. People easily forget that.

I forgot about the diss on Ja song... Busta can get with anybody on a track... All true about Em on renegade too...
  • ImGettingOld
    ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Game on we aint>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>em

Em verse was mediocre