Why does Ludacris get a pass for dropping weak albums?

Options
tompetrez3
tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in The Reason
? been in the game 12 years and havent dropped a classic album. every ludacris album is the same formula tired punchlines+stacco rapid fire+women+jokes. i put his music in the same novelty category with afroman, gorillaz and madd rapper cause that comedy ? is lame. i havent heard 1 ludacris album that has any replay value. you georgia ? speak for yallselves. he isnt king of the south material. he isnt even top 20 south doa. he just a class clown rapper like will smith used to be only ludacris hasnt dropped classic bangers like fresh prince. he's not even funny. generic comic view ? .

this battle of the sexes ? is lame too. why do yall ? eat for ? on a silver platter called a "concept". there is no ? concept to this album. same old lame trickin ? sdtk. bottles and models. gtfoh. ludacris lost his male fan base on the 2nd album so he playing catch up catering to these ? . all that ? do is rap about ? now. my chick bad? maaaaan that ugly ass pale faced ? . and ludacris claim she can knock a ? out like tiger woods wife. niggar please. i keep telling yall ? . dudes that rap about ? all the time are living bicuriously through the fantasy of being a woman.

Comments

• McVit
    McVit Members Posts: 189
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Because i don't think anyone really cares about his album that much. If you look at Weezy with Carter 3 and Jay with Blueprint 3 people were up all night waiting for that ? to leak, thinking and talking about it every day for weeks before. And then when they came they were dope albums1000000000x better than battle of the sexes but too commercial for some people so they complained and complained and complained till they got bored complaining. And now they waiting to see what Carter 4 and Blueprint 4 is like. Noone really gives a ? about Luda.

But Encore is another story.....................................................................im a fan and i don't know how he got a pass for that one.
  • Young D.Wash
    Young D.Wash Members Posts: 212
    edited March 2010
    Options
    battle of the sexes is by far his worst album .... i lost a little respect for him after hearing that album.... and i actually paid for that ? lol

i agree he i think he's a very good rapper but all his albums had at least 4 or 5 skippers on them ....
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    battle of the sexes is by far his worst album .... i lost a little respect for him after hearing that album.... and i actually paid for that ? lol

i agree he i think he's a very good rapper but all his albums had at least 4 or 5 skippers on them ....

more like 14 or 15 skippers on there. chicken and beer was the only album i deem decent. all of his album have been below average to ? poor. and thats including back for the first time and mouth of the south.
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Average rapper who'll never be considered a legend.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol at the thread title
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    First of all, I haven't heard Battle of the Sexes so I can't speak on it. But I can speak on all the other ? .

I wouldn't call Luda's flow "comedy". Busta Rhymes, Redman, Eminem are all in the same category and its better described as animated. The dude can rap his ass off. Thats undeniable. He has diction. Yeah he does a lot of punchlines but he is actually pretty good at switching flows.. diverse range of songs. He got a lot of party joints, just rappin, girl joints, and some pretty good concepts. Like the song She Said. When you heard that ? , you were like oohh ? I know a girl like that... Runaway Love with Mary J Blige... that ? was real ? . Diamond in the Back, Slap... etc.. I don't understand whats not to like about Luda. I mean, yeah he hasn't dropped a classic album. It ain't easy. But he has gave us some great albums and some good ones.. haven't heard the new one so I can't say.

Luda always came with his own style and had fun with it and I respect it. He's definitely in my top 10 favorite rappers from the south. Word of Mouf is my personal favorite just because of all the memories I have with that one...
  • a posting ape
    a posting ape Members Posts: 335
    edited March 2010
    Options
    'battle of the sexes' was so pointless. it shouldve been a mixtape. we wait 2 years for this ? to drop an album all about women? hell nah ? , i aint tryna hear this ? . he needs someone to tell him how to put together an album, and he could easily make a classic
  • Zack Morris Swag
    Zack Morris Swag Members Posts: 249
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Luda does deserve to get checked for that wack azz Battle of the Sexes album fa sho, but come on now, it was a a concept album, the concept was make sexual songs, i guess more geared towards the females, which is the ? that ? that sells...

To his credit, there was some dope songs that stayed within the albums formula "B.O.T.S Radio", that joint was str8 heat. I think if it was Luda & Shawna the whole album it'd woulda came out a lot better, isnteaad of wack ass nicki minaj on the songs...

Lets see if he can get this out the way, get the female sales, then drop some real heat in 12 months, and don't act like "Release Therapy", and practically every album before that weren't quality albums, let's not burn dude at the stake now
  • Zack Morris Swag
    Zack Morris Swag Members Posts: 249
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Don't act like 16 months ago dude didn't give us an album that had:
    "Undisputed"
    "I Do it for HiP Hop"
    "MVP"
    "Everybody Hates Chris"

Just appreciate that and let dude do his numbers
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I agree, Luda been coming wit that doo doo. Only album worth mentioning in his catalogue is Word Of Mouth and Back For The First Time.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i didnt think battle of the sexes was that bad. i wasnt expecting anything amazing bc i knew it was gonna b mostly songs about women so i think he did a pretty good job with that. U can tell by the name of the album that it wasnt gonna anything else and i dont know y you guys were expecting anything else
  • whyteboyrapfan
    whyteboyrapfan Members Posts: 42
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i actually like luda a lot.

hes different and gives versatility to hip hop.

not a lot of rappers do that since 99% rap about the same ? and sound the same and 99% of those rappers aint even real.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    ? been in the game 12 years and havent dropped a classic album. every ludacris album is the same formula tired punchlines+stacco rapid fire+women+jokes. i put his music in the same novelty category with afroman, gorillaz and madd rapper cause that comedy ? is lame. i havent heard 1 ludacris album that has any replay value. you georgia ? speak for yallselves. he isnt king of the south material. he isnt even top 20 south doa. he just a class clown rapper like will smith used to be only ludacris hasnt dropped classic bangers like fresh prince. he's not even funny. generic comic view ? .

this battle of the sexes ? is lame too. why do yall ? eat for ? on a silver platter called a "concept". there is no ? concept to this album. same old lame trickin ? sdtk. bottles and models. gtfoh. ludacris lost his male fan base on the 2nd album so he playing catch up catering to these ? . all that ? do is rap about ? now. my chick bad? maaaaan that ugly ass pale faced ? . and ludacris claim she can knock a ? out like tiger woods wife. niggar please. i keep telling yall ? . dudes that rap about ? all the time are living bicuriously through the fantasy of being a woman.

I have to co-sign the overall purpose of this statement, his albums are wack. Straight up. I was actually disappointed when I realized one of my sisters considered him one of her favorite rappers. Ludacris is one of those guys who speaks like he has some sense, then makes songs that say some ridiculous sh*t. And when he tries to be thoughtful or sensible on a song it sounds contrived. I can't really respect that.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    As dope as a rapper Luda is, he has to be the most inconsistent rapper in the game....Jay-Z is a close second.

This ? would drop a good album one year and follow it up with trash and MORE trash...this dude is notoriously known for dropping weak ? .

co-sign this thread
  • mattee c
    mattee c Members Posts: 693
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I've always thought his albums were good eventhough I consider him an average m.c., at best. His overpronunciation of every syllable gets old. When I first heard "Catch Up" on that J. Prince Presents The Realest N*gg*s Down South compilation, I thought, he's alright. And I've basically felt that way ever since. I didn't really like Battle of the Sexes or Release Therapy, but I liked Chicken & Beer and Red Light District. His first 2 albums were good too. I'm not sayin it wasn't a smart move to sign Luda, but I never really understood why Scarface thinks he's one of the best rappers ever.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LOL he do be dropping some ass albums
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    surprised this ? aint on a "? jay-z" spree like last year. i guess things change every year
  • duckmanpig
    duckmanpig Members Posts: 428
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ? gon hate...
    he still burnin the charts up. Get over it
  • AntnysWorld
    AntnysWorld Members Posts: 139
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Who is giving him a pass? It seems like most of y'all are voicing your opinions.
  • kidcere
    kidcere Members Posts: 172
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i bought i think his first 3 or 4 albums and that ? sounded like vanessa 88 i thought i was on some radio raheem ? though...but shawnna bad den a ? ....but i ? with I-20 though!

chicken & beer ja ight that ? was ight
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ludacris still make good albums,just because he toned it down a bit doesnt make him weak or his albums weak.When you become older your style should change also.
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ludacris still make good albums,just because he toned it down a bit doesnt make him weak or his albums weak.When you become older your style should change also.

Nah....Battle of the Sexes is wack and Theatre of the Mind was just aight.....personally he hasn't had a good album since Word of Mouf...
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I like all his albums they go hard to me.i was just bumpin battle of the sexes last night going to the club
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    luda dope i like his albums he give you something different then the usual murder and drug raps
  • nuyorkwutalk
    nuyorkwutalk Members Posts: 376
    edited March 2010
    Options
    overall i can agree with this thread. Luda has consistently dropped weak albums, although i do think he's a nice mc and got plenty bars. I will give him his credit though, that Theater of the Mind was definitely official, 8/10. he need to drop more ? like that, but i doubt he will. seems like he trying to do his Hollywood thing