Camron Is the Best Rapper out of Harlem thats alive >!

Options
2»

Comments

• spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I agree...Cam is one of the GOATS
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Reapmills wrote: »
    Is anyone that supports this smoking ? ????? Total FAIL... what does Cam do lyrically and syllabically that J.R. Writer doesnt do BETTER?????!!!! i mean hell Juelz is better than Cam... and people only loved the DYNASTY for the supporting players like Juelz J.R. and Hell Rell... people always found Cam passe... and i ? with cam... but best in Harlem (outside of L???) come on

i think we are both smoking ? . Lz better than Cam. *jeezy voice* nahhhhhhhhhhh
    i get your point about writer but to me he sounds like a cam clone. not a bad thing but he isnt seeing cam either.
  • Reapmills
    Reapmills Members Posts: 55
    edited March 2010
    Options
    how not???? J.R. may be a lil clonish but he does what cam does BETTER than cam... you gotta realize cam has a TON of wack records... and most of the time it seems like hes just reachin to keep the rhyme scheme going...
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    how not???? J.R. may be a lil clonish but he does what cam does BETTER than cam... you gotta realize cam has a TON of wack records... and most of the time it seems like hes just reachin to keep the rhyme scheme going...

Real Talk.............
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    smh at some of these comments
  • tangible thoughts
    tangible thoughts Members Posts: 312
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options

not at all. cam whole style gave birth to writer. the only thing writer does is brings cam style to more aggressive production/mixtape tracks. im not knocking writer at all cause he's a unsong hero dipset along with a mafia, penz, tom gist and 40 cal but writer cant match up to camron on a techincal level.

but i agree with you. camron does make alot of ? joints but that came along in the time dipset was reaching its peak as a collective. i overlook this because cam was taking a backseat to let all of his ? shine. camron could of stole the show like alot of these ? do with their groups but you cannot say cam didnt open up a floodgate of mcs. purple city, taliban, senate, diplomats, byrd gang, skull gang, 730, thunderbirds, gator ent, early lite ent. dipset had large subgroups and affliates like the wu tang clan. cam had a bigger dynasty than jay z.
  • redranger1
    redranger1 Members Posts: 59
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I cosign this powerful statement
  • Brooklyn Boy
    Brooklyn Boy Members Posts: 558
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol this is a funny thread
  • tangible thoughts
    tangible thoughts Members Posts: 312
    edited March 2010
    Options

yall ? need to listen to this before continuing this thread
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    if thats true, then it really says a mouthful about harlem rappers. and i dont mean that in a good way
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    Fam if u that ? to believe that, then ur lost in life............aint No reason to argue or dispute

gtfoh..l is overrated as hell..
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    gtfoh..l is overrated as hell..

? read a book, cam'ron's the one who's overated, he has a fanbase that consists mostly in cocksuckin idiots that wanna feel gangsta
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited March 2010
    Options
    only reason ? hype up big l is cause he died and they ? ass miss him...

l=avg ny mixtape rapper..
  • Brooklyn Boy
    edited March 2010
    Options
    only reason ? hype up big l is cause he died and they ? ass miss him...

l=avg ny mixtape rapper..

have u actually sat down n listen to his ? ???

i think u being biased cuz cam is one of ya favs smh
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited March 2010
    Options
    have u actually sat down n listen to his ? ???

i think u being biased cuz cam is one of ya favs smh

no bias...i tried to get into him thinkin "if he was in a crew wit cam he must be just as good" ...? was just avg to me...
  • Brooklyn Boy
    edited March 2010
    Options
    no bias...i tried to get into him thinkin "if he was in a crew wit cam he must be just as good" ...? was just avg to me...

so would u say cam is better than big l lyrically?
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited March 2010
    Options
    so would u say cam is better than big l lyrically?

he is imo...
  • aquizzle
    aquizzle Members Posts: 589
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Every Cam thread turns into a flame war. I don't think he is a hip hop legend as far as ability is concerned but he is one of the NY greats and he definitely isn't as garbage as people on here make him seem. You can make a lot of rappers seem wack if you only cite their horrible rhymes and refuse to acknowledge their good ones, which is what cats on here do. At the end of the day (lol) he and the Diplomats have classic cuts under their belt and had a time where they were extremely relevant (maybe even dominant) in the hip hop scene.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    aquizzle wrote: »
    Every Cam thread turns into a flame war. I don't think he is a hip hop legend as far as ability is concerned but he is one of the NY greats and he definitely isn't as garbage as people on here make him seem. You can make a lot of rappers seem wack if you only cite their horrible rhymes and refuse to acknowledge their good ones, which is what cats on here do. At the end of the day (lol) he and the Diplomats have classic cuts under their belt and had a time where they were extremely relevant (maybe even dominant) in the hip hop scene.

THIS.......

If Cam actually got all the way serious/focused and made a classic album, he could reach legend status, but I doubt he does b/c it's a hustle 4 him and rappin' is sumthin' he's good @.

One of the best albums I eva bought out da store 4 the money was Diplomatic Immunity. 7 bucks @ Target da 1st day it came out. I know it's a group LP, but that (double) album is a classic in it's own right.
  • bolbronx
    bolbronx Members Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Big L is the nicest of all times. Right now.. Cam is probably top 5 coming out of harlem, tho Jae Millz, Immortal Technique, McGruff and T-Rex is all more dope to me, than cam'ron.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ? outta here, vado skr8 but he just now gettin his flow together...

you must not have heard the last to mixtapes they did with drama, you might wanna check those out then you too will see vado buss cam ass on every track they do
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    well duh...he's better then Big L too...

This is obvious.

Getwitcha
  • L.P. Royal Flush
    L.P. Royal Flush Members Posts: 770
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1. Cam
    2. Mase