ESPN: Vikings' McNabb Won't to Alter Motion, Footwork

Options
SimpleKomplexity
SimpleKomplexity Members Posts: 276
edited September 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7035565/donovan-mcnabb-minnesota-vikings-defends-motion-footwork

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Donovan McNabb has only one turnover in three games for the Minnesota Vikings. His predecessor, Brett Favre, had seven by this point last season. But McNabb has been struggling with his accuracy. Several throws have been uncatchable, either one-hoppers that landed well short of receivers or air ? that sailed over the heads of his targets.

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier mentioned this week that the team is examining McNabb's mechanics during practice to determine how to improve his accuracy.

McNabb says he doesn't believe a change in his motion or footwork is necessary. He says his self-evaluation is broader than that, but he's always striving for improvement.

:D:D

It was all good just two months ago:
Our whole offensive staff is trying to put him in position to have success,said Musgrave, who came to the Vikings from the Falcons, where he coached Matt Ryan. We are customizing and tailoring the Vikings system to fit his strengths. Musgrave goes so far as to call it Donovan's system. Musgrave has solicited McNabb's opinion and says he is open-minded about taking the offense where McNabb wants it to go, which is music to the ears of McNabb, who talked of becoming robotic last year. He says the Vikings offensive approach is one of the reasons he wanted to be traded to Minnesota. I looked at it as a good fit because you have a head coach [Les Frazier] who knows you, he knows your regimen, he knows how you spend extra time trying to be better at what you do,McNabb told me. Bill Musgrave has played the position. He knows the best way of approaching the game and making the offense comfortable is what's best suited for the players, what they feel comfortable with, what they can get done.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...engths/5995921

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    McNabb hasn't been bad really... but not good at all really either. All the throws he's been asked to make so far could be done by either Joe Webb or Christian Ponder so I'm not sure how long he's gonna be starting if the season continues the way it has been.

"Seeking 16"
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    McNabb hasn't been bad really... but not good at all really either. All the throws he's been asked to make so far could be done by either Joe Webb or Christian Ponder so I'm not sure how long he's gonna be starting if the season continues the way it has been.

"Seeking 16"

Week 1 : 7 -15 , 39 passing yards , 1 TD , 1 INT

disappointed.gif
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    and Mcnabb issue is his Weight....he doesn't look ready to play football at all he's way to heavy...his play would improve if he was actually in shape he looks like ? lol ...dumpy ass quarterback

e1f3e054c2804b0fdc48fa718e18be0e-getty-126541045.jpg

e3a4413ebe3149439663de8fbf193fcd-getty-120326699.jpg
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Mcnabb the Baron Davis of QBs?

Mcnabb has been slightly less than average IMO but I cant comment too much because I havent been really watching him but I think as the season goes on he'll improve a bit
  • SimpleKomplexity
    SimpleKomplexity Members Posts: 276
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Frazier and McNabb Have Different Explanations for QB Struggles

A schism appears to be forming between Leslie Frazier and Donovan McNabb. Too over-dramatic? Okay then, let’s just say there appears to be a bit of disagreement between coach and QB when it come to the nature of McNabb’s struggles.

Frazier reiterated on Wednesday his Monday statement that the Vikings have found something mechanically wrong with McNabb’s throws and mean to work on those issues in practice. But McNabb on Wednesday flatly denied there is anything mechanically amiss, putting the blame instead on rushed throws caused by lack of pass protection.

So in one fell swoop McNabb contradicted his coach and threw his offensive line under the bus.
    Would if Donovan were as good at running the offense as he is at creating controversies.

To be fair, though McNabb did deny having mechanical issues, he did admit the importance of looking critically at his own performance. But mostly he wants us to look critically at the offensive line’s performance and realize that those guys really suck and that’s why he can’t complete a pass for more than 10 yards.

Thanks Donovan. That cleared it up.

http://thevikingage.com/2011/09/28/frazier-and-mcnabb-have-different-explanations-for-quarterbacks-struggles/
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wtf is wont to alter?
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    McNabb doesn't have to change anything.
    He's been in the league for well over a decade.
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    McNabb needs to focus but he done. wash up
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Wtf is wont to alter?

LMAO I said the same ?
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm strugglin with the title ? lol
  • radaman
    edited September 2011
    Options
    sloppy ass ? lol.... McNabb eatin good son
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    sound like same old McNabb. What's the problem ?
  • Poster#19
    Poster#19 Members Posts: 280
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It might be a little too late to be alterin throwing mechanics, and footwork. They need to give A.P. the ball more. Got a thoroughbred sitting at the crib, and they out riding the damn pony everywhere.
  • radaman
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol @ this sloppy ass ? being a professional ATHLETE
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    at least he doesn't have the same issue as Randy Moss cause donovan doesn't seem to have a problem with the food selection at all.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    and Mcnabb issue is his Weight....he doesn't look ready to play football at all he's way to heavy...his play would improve if he was actually in shape he looks like ? lol ...dumpy ass quarterback

e1f3e054c2804b0fdc48fa718e18be0e-getty-126541045.jpg

e3a4413ebe3149439663de8fbf193fcd-getty-120326699.jpg

Cptdayum, he's fatter than I thought. McNabb has clearly lost the passion for this sport. At this point, he will be benched for Ponder by week 9, and he will eat himself into obscurity.
  • radaman
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I can already see how fat this ? will be 3 years out the league.... gonna be terrible smh
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I dont think this is all McNabb's fault. Even AP is complaining about not getting enough touches. So if the QB is struggling and the RB isnt getting the ball then that looks like bad and/or inexperienced coaching/coordinating.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    pretty soon, this potential new era of athletes lookin flabby and sick are gonna be on Donovan McNabb status