Jordan Crawford (who?) feels he is ‘better than [Michael Jordan]‘

Options
northside7
northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
What does this have to do with the NBA, on one of the more important days in the league's history? Well, Washington Wizards guard Jordan Crawford(notes) was recently asked by the Washington Post's Michael Lee to expound upon a personal Twitter description that Crawford wrote regarding his mission to be "The Greatest."
"I don't tell nobody, but I feel like I can be better than Michael Jordan," Crawford said, without the slightest hint of sarcasm. "When I'm done playing, I don't want people to say, Michael Jordan is the best player. I want that to be me. That's how I am. That's how I was built."

Um, what? You realize people will look at you sideways and think you're crazy for saying that, right?

"Yeah, I know that, I definitely know that. But I'm not settling for anything less," Crawford said. "I feel like I'm better than him, anyway. My mom is going to say I'm better than him."

Following the trade, Crawford turned into just about the worst chucker (16.3 points on 16.3 shots per game) we've seen in 14 years of covering the NBA online. He made Jamal Crawford(notes) look like, well, Michael Jordan.

So for Jordan Crawford to overstep Jamal Crawford and turn into Michael Jordan? Or something better than Michael Jordan? That's a bit of a reach. We won't insult your intelligence by going too far into detail, but Crawford did average 17.6 points on 39 percent shooting for every 36 minutes he played last year. Jordan managed 26 points on 51 percent shooting per 36 minutes at the same age.

Crawford? He probably doesn't share as humble a perspective, but what do you want the kid to say? Do you prefer he doesn't gun for the top, on record? Do we not want his mother to think of him as the greatest thing to hit the hardwood since, well, Him?

Anyone who takes ? shots at Crawford today is just having fun with the guy, and that's more than fine. Actually, that's necessary. I mean, better than Jordan?

Beyond that, though? Dream big, Jordan Crawford. And let the history fall where it may.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Jordan-Crawford-who-thinks-he-8216-can-be-b?urn=nba-wp9911

lol Not likely.........

Comments

• Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    He will be better
  • northside7
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Never mnd, N'thside. You wouldnt understand, it's that Detroit style in him..

.you cats be amazed at the confidence-building mechanisms in yon Great Lakes water...real talk.

Plus, his story almost mimics Jordan's ...if you contrast his posterizing dunk on Lebron just soaring his confidence level as an 18-yr-old vs. '81 McDonald's All-American Game, doing the same for Jordan

What I'm saying is that Jordan accomplished a lot, to just say your better than someone like that is foolish. I respect his confidence for saying he could be better than him tho. He better work on his jumpshot..

Always thought the great lakes water made people fun faster and jump higher?
  • afromo
    afromo Members Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ibex wrote: »
    Crawford will no be better than MJ, but I could see him at some point surpassing Kobe as the closest to Jordan.

Ryall ? SERIOUS!? I mean Crawford has great potential and i think he's great but cmon u cant sit here n tell me u think he gonna surpass KOBE!
  • northside7
    edited October 2011
    Options
    afromo wrote: »
    Ryall ? SERIOUS!? I mean Crawford has great potential and i think he's great but cmon u cant sit here n tell me u think he gonna surpass KOBE!

? out here smokin that 90% pure THC weed...
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    I like his attitude

Jordan played against guys way less athletic than him

Crawford will be better no doubt

not-sure-if-serious-or-just-stupid-thumb.jpg

99% of this planets life force says their's doubt.
  • Hypernova
    Hypernova Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lol at the bit about his mommy.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i dont see the problem with the statement, all he was saying was that he aspires to be better than jordan. crawford isnt that bad either, the wizards will be good in a couple of years with him, wall, and mcgee
  • TheBossman
    edited October 2011
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Why can't he be better than Jordan? People tend to forget Jordan didn't win until he got HALL OF FAMERS on his team.

scotty grew and became a hall of famer with jordan. his stint in houston and portland was trash. jordan did hall of fame type ? early in his career (dunk contest, and scoring 63 on a goat celtics team) what has crawford done so far?
  • TheBossman
    edited October 2011
    Options
    freehuey89 wrote: »
    i dont see the problem with the statement, all he was saying was that he aspires to be better than jordan. crawford isnt that bad either, the wizards will be good in a couple of years with him, wall, and mcgee

yeah that's what i read also, but ? in here are saying he WILL be better than jordan.
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i love his attitude that's the attitude u gotta have... ? i rember this ? from 2 years ago when he got his name out their by crossing up n dunkin on Lebron in his camp..
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Something I'll give him credit for, if you want to be the best you have to think and believe you are the best.
    But --
    "Smack.... who is dis ? ?"

Really doe, who is this ? ?
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited October 2011
    Options
    good attitude

but he will probably become a diva after some success just like most of these ignorant ? playing in the league today
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    *Wilbon voice*

NO
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Detroit stand the ? up
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    bossman007 wrote: »
    scotty grew and became a hall of famer with jordan. his stint in houston and portland was trash. jordan did hall of fame type ? early in his career (dunk contest, and scoring 63 on a goat celtics team) what has crawford done so far?

lies, I hate when ? use BS to support their point
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Jordan Crawford is ? juice, he'll be lucky to be in the league in a couple years let alone first team all nba
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    bossman007 wrote: »

• Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Something I'll give him credit for, if you want to be the best you have to think and believe you are the best.
    But --
    "Smack.... who is dis ? ?"

Really doe, who is this ? ?

young ill>>>>jordan crawford
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Dear Lord as a Wizards fan all I ask is for Flip Saunders to be fired. Andrae Blatche,Nick Young, and Javell Mcgee to be traded. Jordan Crawford needs to set his ass down.
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    lies, I hate when ? use BS to support their point

10.8,3,4 is trash for a hall of famer and supposedly goat small forward
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Dear Lord as a Wizards fan all I ask is for Flip Saunders to be fired. Andrae Blatche,Nick Young, and Javell Mcgee to be traded. Jordan Crawford needs to set his ass down.

yea trade nick young, maybe blatche, but not mcgee. hes getting better
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »
    10.8,3,4 is trash for a hall of famer and supposedly goat small forward

impact cant be measured by numbers dumbarse

them blazers teams was contending each year he was there
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Jordan Crawford is the new face of the anti-Space Jammer movement... a movement filled with ? ?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    freehuey89 wrote: »
    yea trade nick young, maybe blatche, but not mcgee. hes getting better

I can libve with that. MCgee just has 0 offense but he's a perfect re bounder/shot blocker. I like Nick young but you can't have a guy on your team that never passes if you want the team to get better. Same for Blatche. Him and Young shot every time they touch the ball. Crawford as well. Wizards got some talent but they all play one on one. Not team game at all.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Go to youtube, type in "Jordan Crawford highlights" then sit back, watch, realize why he can be better than Jordan....he killt fools last year, as a rookie without much P.T. For solidifying himself out there

lmfao you kno u dont believe that ? u just typed Crawford is just a volume shooter when he got traded to the wizards he averaged 16 ppg on 16 shots per game this ? shot 39% from the field the trolling in here is unrealistic man