Wales record label Interscope is horrible

Options
usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2010 in The Reason
First they released the single with Gaga too damn early before the album dropped, undershipped his album (30,000 shiped and 27,000 sold his first week), then never released another single or video for it right away. Now they are finally shooting a video, but Gucci Mane is in jail and can't shoot the video because they took too long. Whomever is over there dropped the ball on dude, because his management company got him gigs *MTV music awards, BET awards, Redskins halftime show, BP3 tour,etc*

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Old news ? ...
  • fabionbackbitch
    fabionbackbitch Members Posts: 720
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you wanna be successful in this game as an artist you need a Dame/Suge/Dean-Waah type ? behinds you, because these labels is lazy as ? . Mark Ronson don't have the chops to lean on them ? over at Interscope. Wale should've signed with Roc Nation when he had the chance.
  • Large Dick Freddy
    Large Dick Freddy Members Posts: 87
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He's wack as ? i don't blame em, they realized that they wasted their investment
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I agree with usmarine. They released the single too soon and didn't follow it up with nothing else.
  • dsoule
    dsoule Members Posts: 39
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Did you really say he's whack? GTFOH.

It sucks that some one who actually has talent gets dicked by the label.
  • Large Dick Freddy
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dsoule wrote: »
    Did you really say he's whack? GTFOH.

It sucks that some one who actually has talent gets dicked by the label.

He's lame, wack, etc.
    First single being a song with lady gaga = Wale has no ? .
    He let his label push him into thinking that was a good idea, so yes he's wack.
    "Lokin at lookin at lookin at meeee" <
    Highly ? , ? theme of the year.

? this thread and you for listening to a ? who's hair can't grow.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He's wack as ? i don't blame em, they realized that they wasted their investment

yea ok, u don't know ? about hip-hop I see
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Man on the real..... Wale's album might have been one of the best hip-hop albums of the year. Very slept on..........
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It was a dope album, people sleep on him for some reason. Even Beautiful Bliss with J Cole where people say J Cole killed him, people aren't listening to what he says. The problem that Wale has is his delivery.
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wale is the epitome of boring hiphop. I cant listen to that ? . His delivery is garbage. No charisma on his flow. He just another ? .
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wale is is a dope MC.
  • koncretemind
    koncretemind Members Posts: 1,439
    edited January 2010
    Options
    His album is horrible too
  • Large Dick Freddy
    edited January 2010
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    yea ok, u don't know ? about hip-hop I see

So "Lookin at lookin at lookin at meeeee" ft. Lady Gaga is HIP HOP sir?

yeah......? yourself
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    1. Attention Deficit was not a classic and would barely scrape the top 10 imv
    2. Wale choked in the cypher, that verse was horrible.
    3. He will NEVER be a superstar in hip hop. No charisma, no push, and most of all nobody seems to like him.

Kinda sad when you think about it. He's right around that tier with Charles Hamilton at this point.
  • J. Rob
    J. Rob Members Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The problem with Wale is that he's not "street" enough for the mainstream crowd, and he's "too pop" for the underground crowd. And when it come to fans, hip hop is the most bi-polar genre of music....there's not a lot of grey area nowdays. A fan is either a mainstream dickrider or a ? backpacker. If you fall somewhere in between, as an artist, you're ? .

BTW, "Pretty Girls" is picking up steam.....it could actually become a hit
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wale is the epitome of boring hiphop. I cant listen to that ? . His delivery is garbage. No charisma on his flow. He just another ? .

co sign. he tries too hard to be convincing with ZERO personality about him. he dresses like a random hipster u can catch window shopping at footlocker. his appearance at the VMA was forced and awkward. he is lame. its nothing personal. he needs to go back to the lab with his flow/delivery/content if he wants to be taken seriously in hip hop. that looking at me song is ? hop in its purest form
  • J. Rob
    J. Rob Members Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    what's with this "no personality" ? .....y'all acting like he's MF Doom or something
  • Large Dick Freddy
    edited January 2010
    Options
    J. Rob wrote: »
    what's with this "no personality" ? .....y'all acting like he's MF Doom or something

MF DOOM has plenty of personality
  • draf.ink
    draf.ink Members Posts: 115
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Dudes act like the label is supposed to give him this major push (pause).
    If he aint down with Shady, Aftermath, or even G-Unit, he's getting the "average label treatment."
    This means average promotion (video/radio), and if he aint building up a big enough buzz off it, then thats all he's getting.

Besides, he's an average artist at most.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    interscope did ? him over; but i saw and interview on fuse where he said interscope had him on some grass roots ? . go tour the country and on the next go around put the full machine behind him
  • SoulRattler of Venom
    SoulRattler of Venom Members Posts: 458
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Interscope is falling apart. Eminem and Dre take a century to put out a product, and 50's stale music is overshined by his extracirricular gossipgirl nonsense. In the next 10 years, Interscope will be history.
  • The Deuce
    The Deuce Members Posts: 12
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Interscope really dropped the ball with this album. I loved the album I couldnt find it here in Lexington had to wait 3 weeks to buy the ? album.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if ya not a redneck blonde hair blu eyed rapper named FEMINEM on da interscope PLANTATION jimmy dont give a fuuuk about no damn N!GGER & u can ask cuuuurly that ? !..lol
  • Pretty Fred
    Pretty Fred Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So he wasn't even able to sell out 30,000 copies and its the labels fault? If they would have put out 100,000 he still would have only moved 27,000 ---Interscope takes the win
  • Pretty Fred
    Pretty Fred Members Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Interscope is falling apart. Eminem and Dre take a century to put out a product, and 50's stale music is overshined by his extracirricular gossipgirl nonsense. In the next 10 years, Interscope will be history.

I guess your not familiar with Interscopes roster, Interscope will still be making millions when hip-hop is over, they don't only sell hip-hop genius.