Pregnant woman miscarries after being kicked and pepper sprayed

Options
imm0rt4l
imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in The Social Lounge
"I was standing in the middle of the crowd when the police started moving in," she says. "I was screaming, 'I am pregnant, I am pregnant. Let me through. I am trying to get out.'"

At that point, a Seattle police officer lifted his foot and it hit her in the stomach, and another officer pushed his bicycle into the crowd, again hitting Fox in the stomach. "Right before I turned, both cops lifted their pepper spray and sprayed me. My eyes puffed up and my eyes swelled shut," she says.

She was fine for a couple days, until she started feeling sick.
Jennifer went to the doctor and found out her baby had no heartbeat. "They said the damage was from the kick and that the pepper spray got to it [the fetus], too."

Seattle's The Stranger newspaper is currently waiting for Jennifer's medical records to confirm the miscarriage.

Article: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/pregn...g-sprayed-with

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3F1ItGFF9sQ

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So this is what a police state looks like. That cop is gonna be the reason thousands more people join the Occupy protests in the coming weeks and months. That bastard belongs in jail and hopefully will get a nice beating of his own in there......
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Its cheaper than abortion.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    so where all the pro-lifers screaming murder?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lmao and the pepper got to it too...... gtfoh
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Why would you put yourself in that position when you're pregnant anyway? Stay your ass home.
  • imm0rt4l
    edited November 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    ? ! what kind of sane woman would put herself and her unborn child in this type of situation?

if you read even the abridged version, you know the first 2 sentences in the thread then you'd know she was trying to leave the area. Besides this was a PEACEFUL demonstration, there is no reason to assume much risk. Your comment is about as bad as that cop a few months ago saying that ? victims were asking for it by dressing provocative.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ? -- Y even put yourself in that position was my point....any sane person would logically look out for her unborn child FIRST AND FOREMOST.

So pregnant women deserve to be pepper sprayed and kicked now? You're a ? disgrace to humanity ? .
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    SMH

She didn't do ANYTHING, she is allowed to be anywhere she pleases. This isn't "her" fault. She doesn't control the officers.

She'll win $$, a lot of it. Who wins in the end? She does. Heyslick just likes to make things hard.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    uhm, no.
    there is such a thing as trespassing

lol okay, you got me! lol gtfoh, anywhere logical.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    im willing to bet heyslicks mother was pepper sprayed and kicked when she was pregnant with him. he sort of survived.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    imm0rt4l wrote: »
    Article:
    "They said the damage was from the kick and that the pepper spray got to it [the fetus], too."
    Well now that just sounds like ? .

But yeh, she's a ? .
  • imm0rt4l
    edited November 2011
    Options
    No! & I thought the issue was about this pregnant lady & the unfortunate circumstance from HER own actions. I've said this repeatedly Y would she put herself and the unborn child at risk like that. I JUST can't understand why she did that knowing she was pregnant? I put the blame where it belongs.

lol @ you blaming the lady for what happened to her. Back in your day I guess pregnant women lay in bed all day since theres too much risk. ? forbid a woman falls down a set of stair or gets by a car since by your reasoning, it's their fault.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Heyslick has got to be the biggest idiot on the site by far
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2011
    Options
    im willing to bet heyslicks mother was pepper sprayed and kicked when she was pregnant with him. he sort of survived.

I'd bet a million dollars this happened.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It's seeming like this same woman was three months pregnant in September as well. Which is odd, because September was not last week, nor was it three months ago.

Further supporting this post:
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Well now that just sounds like ? .

But yeh, she's a ? .
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    the funny thing about it is people who think abortion is just fine will be outraged. What's wrong? Just a fetus right?

Anyway, of course they should be shot, tortured, shot again...but nothing will happen to them except paid vacation and relocation.