Leinart's Hurt, Season May be Over due to Injury, SMGDH

Options
arbitration
arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Houston Texans quarterback Matt Leinart left Sunday's 20-13 win over Jacksonville with a left shoulder injury and did not return.

Coach Gary Kubiak said after the game that initial X-rays were inconclusive, while Leinart said there's a "pretty good possibility I won't be coming back this season.

More From ESPN.com

Kuharsky With Matt Leinart injured, the Texans will likely move on with their third starting quarterback in three games, writes Paul Kuharsky. Blog

"It's pretty disappointing. It's tough to swallow, but we'll just move forward," Leinart said. "Everything that's happened to me, this was a great opportunity. ... It's unfortunate, but I'm not going to give up. It's not my nature. I'll just keep moving forward and figure this thing out one step at a time."

A source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that Leinart will have his collarbone checked Monday in Houston and "all indications are it's broken."

Leinart was hit hard by defensive end Jeremy Mincey late in the second quarter, landing on his throwing shoulder. He went to the sideline, headed to the locker room for tests and did not return.

T.J. Yates replaced him and drove the Texans into position for a field goal that put them ahead 20-10 at halftime.

"I feel for Matt. He was playing good," Yates said. "If there's one thing that this team knows how to do, it's deal with adversity. We've taken an injury almost every game of the year and the team has rallied around each other and found a way to win."

Leinart was making his first start in two years after replacing Matt Schaub, who is out for the season with a foot injury.

Leinart completed 10 of 13 passes for 57 yards and a touchdown, a 20-yard pass to Joel Dreessen under heavy pressure.

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Uhhhh this is the best thing that could have happened to the texans

Yates>>>>
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think the Texans are going to lose the next 3 games at the least.

Ladies and Gentlemen, anybody who actually gives a ? about the Titans.. they are going to win the AFC South.

Incredible.

Don't forget that Titans and Texans still meet one last time in week 17.
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    blank.. wrote: »
    I think the Texans are going to lose the next 3 games at the least.

Ladies and Gentlemen, anybody who actually gives a ? about the Titans.. they are going to win the AFC South.

Incredible.

Don't forget that Titans and Texans still meet one last time in week 17.

Motivation.

? fakin only gonna inspire

Motivation.

You ? hating is fuel to my fire

Motivation.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Even before the injury the season was already over when Leinart was officially named the starter. Nothing new to see here