We can't keep ignoring Philip Rivers out chea' playing like Matt Moore and T-Jack

Options
2»

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    for the past 3 years I've been telling people "The San Diego Chargers are the AFC version of the Dallas Cowboys. People pick them every year and they always disappoint"...Rivers=Romo and I HATE Phillip Rivers but them ? are damn near one in the same...they'll lose a game for you just as quickly as they can make a play to win it...especially Rives with his "Let me just launch the ball into the air and hope my receiver catches it"...every throw he makes looks like an INT waiting to happen
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    this, is reading blitzes?!!

I didn't say anything about reading blitzes. I was saying why this season is looked at more as an abberation for Rivers than Vick.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So what did he call his laudable reading of blitzes, last year?....dumbazz, you must've taken that comment out of context...maybe he meant fine-tuning what he built last year.

That blitz reading last year, is what got him that $100-million!!

Right so i'll believe you instead of taking vick's own words. he wasn't able to audible up his o line protection calls b/c he didn't fully grasp it yet. One reason he gets sacked so much. Once again he said this himself.

Stop coming with no knowledge of what you are talking about.

Vick admits that he still has a long way to go. “Last year was probably like 50 percent,” Vick said. “Now it’s like 75 percent. I’ve still got a ways to go. Just being able to see and recognize and know when its coming, learning each and every day.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/11/vicks-ability-to-handle-blitzes-could-be-the-key-to-phillys-season/
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well according to 21 td's/15 INT's...then, this season isn't his only aberration indeed...so thx for validating your unfair hypocrisy vs. Vick

But 21 TD 15 INT isn't THAT bad. Just not a good season. This season is really bad. And since that season he's had 3 consecutive great seasons.

Since Vick's back-to-back 14 TD 12 INT, and 15 TD 13 INT season he's not 1 not good season, and 1 great season. So Rivers (not good, great, great, great, this year). Vick (bad, bad, not good, great, this year). That's why Vick's is less surprising.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Romo goes up against the eagles giants and redskins and romo went 9-5 (injured 3 games) and the cowboys miss the playoffs.
    Rivers goes up against Oakland, KC, and Denver and made it to the playoffs 8-8.... Romo has been better than Rivers with broken ribs Rivers doesnt deserve any sort of special treatment unless you give Romo the better Qb more credit.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    To be somewhat fair, P. Rivers had the Colts number for a while..... San Diego's defense would usually get exposed during the playoffs against better comp...... also during the playoffs LT would usually be sitting on the bench with his helmet on due to being "injured". As far as Sanchez goes, that nikka arguably had the best defense in the league (both years) and very good running game to lean on. He basically managed those games to get to those AFC ships, but I do give him credit for that due to his inexperience.

but he still won

muhfuckn the chargers couldn't even beat the jets in the playoffs way back lol....? settling for nate keading field goals and losing hahaha
    Maybe I’m alone in this opinion, but I think Philip Rivers is wildly overrated.

Exhibit A: His career playoff record is 3-4.

Exhibit B: He has never played in a Super Bowl.

Exhibit C: His career playoff stats are as follows:

Game 1 (Loss, 24-21 vs. New England): 14-32, 230 YD, 0 TD, 1 INT.

Game 2 (Win, 17-6 vs. Tennessee): 19-30, 292 YD, 1TD, 1 INT.

Game 3 (Win, 28-24 vs. Indianapolis): 14-19, 264 YD, 3 TD, 1 INT.

Game 4 (Loss, 21-12 vs. New England): 19-37, 211 YD, 0 TD, 2 INT.

Game 5 (Win, 23-17 vs. Indianapolis): 20-36, 217 YD, 0 TD, 1 INT.

Game 6 (Loss, 35-24 vs. Pittsburgh): 21-35, 308 YD, 3 TD, 1 INT.

Game 7 (Loss, 17-14 vs. NYJ): 27-40, 298 YD, 1 TD, 2 INT.

For those scoring at home, that’s at best three solid performances in seven postseason games.

The prosecution rests.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So is rivers still a top 5 qb???