Any of u ladies expecting to get married in the next 2 years

Options
ImSoReal
ImSoReal Members Posts: 2,009
edited December 2011 in The Powder Room
if so where and when and how many people are u thinking about inviting

anyone currently engaged or feel as though they will be engaged in the next year

Comments

• Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Did in September. Small wedding with just immediate family. I thought I wanted a big wedding until I actually had to go through with it. The thought of having all those people look at me made me naseous...literally...so I canned that idea and went with as small as possible. Less hassle but still kinda stressful.
  • Mood Indigo
    Mood Indigo Members Posts: 2,127
    edited December 2011
    Options
    No but if it happens, courthouse FTW.

Weddings are just too showy and too much time and money for me.
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I don't see it happening for me in the next couple of years, but if it does happen then I want something small. Or maybe Vegas...
  • ImSoReal
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Did in September. Small wedding with just immediate family. I thought I wanted a big wedding until I actually had to go through with it. The thought of having all those people look at me made me naseous...literally...so I canned that idea and went with as small as possible. Less hassle but still kinda stressful.

if u dont mind me asking how much did the wedding cost, how did u pay for it, and are the 2 of u taking a honeymoon

also, how long were the 2 of u engaged before marriage and how long were the 2 of u together before even getting engaged
  • NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wedding date is 12/31/2011. 230 people invited/confirmed. Getting married in Queens, NY and our reception is in Long Island NY.
  • Pocahontas.
    Pocahontas. Members Posts: 133
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Nope.
    I don't think I will ever get married.
    But if I ever decide to then I will only invite my immediate family.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Nope.
    I don't think I will ever get married.
    But if I ever decide to then I will only invite my immediate family.

I fell in love with Pocahontas at Disney World, Florida. Hottest girl I ever seen.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ImSoReal wrote: »
    if u dont mind me asking how much did the wedding cost, how did u pay for it, and are the 2 of u taking a honeymoon

also, how long were the 2 of u engaged before marriage and how long were the 2 of u together before even getting engaged

Not much at all. 11 people attended, immediate family for both sides. We came in at just under $1,000 and we both paid for it. I was working full time at that time so we both just paid for everything as needed. Can't remember exactly who paid for what. For honeymoon we went to Vegas for 4 days. I don't consider it an actual honeymoon though since we go to Vegas alot. I want to go to Lake Tahoe for New Years for an official honeymoon.

Got engaged in July this year, but didn't set a date at that time. The wedding was actually spur of the moment, like 3 weeks from start to finish. And I met him April of last year.
  • 2nd chances
    2nd chances Members Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Not much at all. 11 people attended, immediate family for both sides. We came in at just under $1,000 and we both paid for it. I was working full time at that time so we both just paid for everything as needed. Can't remember exactly who paid for what. For honeymoon we went to Vegas for 4 days. I don't consider it an actual honeymoon though since we go to Vegas alot. I want to go to Lake Tahoe for New Years for an official honeymoon.

Got engaged in July this year, but didn't set a date at that time. The wedding was actually spur of the moment, like 3 weeks from start to finish. And I met him April of last year.

da funk??

yall aint gonna last doe...

yall spur of the moment decisions is indicative of it...
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options

Tahoe is REALLY nice during the holidays...just sayin.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ? no .........
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ? no .........

this thread is adorable

but you need to open yo eyes girl....................we could be happy together

you look like you'd do a good job of squirting out churrens and washing my ? drawls

that's all marriage really is anyways :)
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    man im not washin no ones draws smh
  • twinzmom
    twinzmom Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'm planning a wedding now.

gard_01.jpg

Royal Palm here in the New Orleans area.

I'm making a list for 125 people. 4 bride's maid and 4 groom's men. Budget is 15K
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Everyone i know who has spent over 10k on a wedding has regretted it.
    No one remembers weddings after the day.

Being concerned about the marriage>>>> Being concerned about the wedding.

If more people spent the hours the year before the wedding concened/talking about the marriage
    instead of the wedding, the divorce rate would drop 10%.
  • ImSoReal
    edited December 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    Everyone i know who has spent over 10k on a wedding has regretted it.
    No one remembers weddings after the day.

Being concerned about the marriage>>>> Being concerned about the wedding.

If more people spent the hours the year before the wedding concened/talking about the marriage
    instead of the wedding, the divorce rate would drop 10%.

cosign, it never made sense to me as well. I have a cousin who spent $60,000 on her wedding, 2 yrs later they are still married, but there are rumblings around the family that a divorce is on the horizon
  • twinzmom
    twinzmom Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ImSoReal wrote: »
    cosign, it never made sense to me as well. I have a cousin who spent $60,000 on her wedding, 2 yrs later they are still married, but there are rumblings around the family that a divorce is on the horizon

I guess it depends on a persons financial standings. If someone has the money for a lavish wedding then why not.
  • ImSoReal
    edited December 2011
    Options
    twinzmom wrote: »
    I guess it depends on a persons financial standings. If someone has the money for a lavish wedding then why not.

well obviously im talking about the avg middle class couple