IF YOU GOT A 360 AND YOU is PAYING FOR GAMES, YOU LOST

Options

Comments

• renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Burning games means company makes no money which mean they either go out of business or they'll release the same ? they did last year

only reason i bought a wii was to mod it lol i will support the ps3 tho even if u could burn games i wouldnt but ? a wii
  • Johnny Green V
    Johnny Green V Banned Users Posts: 92
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @karl, yes, yes I did.
    One Spliff wrote: »
    lol...thechoice aka the ic's very own book keeper...do you actually keep records on all ic posters...how do you do it...

i think i answered your question in my first post tho...i said and i quote....

"i think its safe to say if you got money then you would jsut buy games n not risk the chance of gettin ur ? banned"

i sure as hell dont worry about gettin sued or banned when downloading music or dvds, ? billions of people all over the world do it...

but if u cud mod PS3's, no way would i risk it...not worth it....plus i like getting all the things that come with game wen you buy them, including sentimental value.

Getting banned has absolutely zero legal repercussions. However getting sued for piracy of music , dvds, and such has legal repercussions including fines, legal fees, and possible incarceration. A "ban" of a console is meaningless to me, because I can just afford to buy another console, whenever I choose.
  • Put'Em On The Glass!
    Put'Em On The Glass! Members Posts: 6
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm actually capable of spending money on these games and feeling no remorse.....I mean if you're in a position where 60 bucks can make or break you, then ? yeah man download like hell....but I'm a collector...I need more than a plain disc to complete my display.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @karl, yes, yes I did.

Getting banned has absolutely zero legal repercussions. However getting sued for piracy of music , dvds, and such has legal repercussions including fines, legal fees, and possible incarceration. A "ban
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @karl, yes, yes I did.

Getting banned has absolutely zero legal repercussions. However getting sued for piracy of music , dvds, and such has legal repercussions including fines, legal fees, and possible incarceration. A "ban" of a console is meaningless to me, because I can just afford to buy another console, whenever I choose.

^^ Not really. What if the people who are getting banned on XBL for modded X Boxes were suddenly taken to court themselves for this? Then your "0 legal repercussions" is ? now right? You could still get in a load of trouble. Thing is Microsoft knows dumb ? will buy another and do it again.

It's not worth modding UNLESS you don't play on live. YOU LOST IF YOU PLAY MODDED ON LIVE. Because you lose your money, you lose the money you pay for live and your xbox.
  • Johnny Green V
    edited March 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    ^^ Not really. What if the people who are getting banned on XBL for modded X Boxes were suddenly taken to court themselves for this? Then your "0 legal repercussions" is ? now right? You could still get in a load of trouble. Thing is Microsoft knows dumb ? will buy another and do it again.

It's not worth modding UNLESS you don't play on live. YOU LOST IF YOU PLAY MODDED ON LIVE. Because you lose your money, you lose the money you pay for live and your xbox.

Nice scenario, but yours is based on a "what if". What if Microsoft can never know who is and isn't modding games? Then you don't ever have to werry about that.

A year subscription for live is like 40$, by the time a ban comes up you're likely have used up more than half of that. So that's a loss of say $20. cost of an xbox (new arcade) is about 150$, so a total of 170$ lost. Yeah, like i said before, still less than purchasing 3 new games at 60$ each. Not to mention the recoverable amount that you'd still have by being able to sell your banned 360.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Nice scenario, but yours is based on a "what if". What if Microsoft can never know who is and isn't modding games? Then you don't ever have to werry about that.

A year subscription for live is like 40$, by the time a ban comes up you're likely have used up more than half of that. So that's a loss of say $20. cost of an xbox (new arcade) is about 150$, so a total of 170$ lost. Yeah, like i said before, still less than purchasing 3 new games at 60$ each. Not to mention the recoverable amount that you'd still have by being able to sell your banned 360.

Why would you want to go through 360's like that? It's a waste of money just for a SYSTEM to be continuously bought when you could be spending that on games. Also, isn't that year subscription about to jump to 200 a year? Something like that, far from 40 or 50 bucks.
  • Johnny Green V
    edited March 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Why would you want to go through 360's like that? It's a waste of money just for a SYSTEM to be continuously bought when you could be spending that on games. Also, isn't that year subscription about to jump to 200 a year? Something like that, far from 40 or 50 bucks.

360's have a failure rate above 50% anyway. This is basically just an estimate of the WORST case. In the best cases you don't get banned at all. Most people with a modded 360 didn't get banned during the ban wave. ask Rell how long he's had a modded 360 without getting banned or before he was first banned. I'm sure the answer would be a few years. Now if you look at it that way, what's worst buying a 360 once every 3 years and getting EVERY game for free, or buying every game you want?

I can say that so far this year i have downloaded and burned. MW2 (reburned), AVP, Just Cause 2, BFBC2, ME2, Dante's Inferno, L4D2, (actually got a retail of this, but let someone else use it), and Bioshock2. Plus several older games. Seems like 420$ I didn't spend so far. With the recovery for sale of a banned console, that would be enough to buy 3 new 360's. Plus, i could sell the accessories from the new systems, since i don't need any.

Downloading games is so full of win, even getting banned, you still come out on top.
  • One Spliff
    edited March 2010
    Options
    360's have a failure rate above 50% anyway. This is basically just an estimate of the WORST case. In the best cases you don't get banned at all. Most people with a modded 360 didn't get banned during the ban wave. ask Rell how long he's had a modded 360 without getting banned or before he was first banned. I'm sure the answer would be a few years. Now if you look at it that way, what's worst buying a 360 once every 3 years and getting EVERY game for free, or buying every game you want?

I can say that so far this year i have downloaded and burned. MW2 (reburned), AVP, Just Cause 2, BFBC2, ME2, Dante's Inferno, L4D2, (actually got a retail of this, but let someone else use it), and Bioshock2. Plus several older games. Seems like 420$ I didn't spend so far. With the recovery for sale of a banned console, that would be enough to buy 3 new 360's. Plus, i could sell the accessories from the new systems, since i don't need any.

Downloading games is so full of win, even getting banned, you still come out on top.

who the ? edited my post ?...maybe i aint post it right....:confused

seirously tho..jus ? ..no1 even gives a ? bout how many games u downloaded...or bout ur wack ass piece of plastic 360...ps3 users BUY their games, being its the premium console anyway...obviously we got money to do it... and were all happy to do so...so wats really the purpose of this thread...to brag that u can download games n then re buy ur console once its banned...well done, im happy 4 u...

keep think u winning by being a broke ass ? , its wateva.....ps3 gets modded im still gon buy games no mata wat..

but to eahc his own.

as if bu
  • Johnny Green V
    edited March 2010
    Options
    who the ? edited my post ?...maybe i aint post it right....:confused

seirously tho..jus ? ..no1 even gives a ? bout how many games u downloaded...or bout ur wack ass piece of plastic 360...ps3 users BUY their games, being its the premium console anyway...obviously we got money to do it... and were all happy to do so...so wats really the purpose of this thread...to brag that u can download games n then re buy ur console once its banned...well done, im happy 4 u...

keep think u winning by being a broke ass ? , its wateva.....ps3 gets modded im still gon buy games no mata wat..

but to eahc his own.

as if bu
    LOL @ you dissing 360's but in a thread about them? Why are you discussing a 360 when you own a PS3 and don't own a 360? I swear some of you PS3 fanboys are insecure that you feel the need to bring up a PS3 anytime a discussion is about a 360. I don't go in PS3 threads to brag about not having to buy games...why? Because they're two different systems so anything about a 360 shouldn't be compared to a PS3 unless the topic is a comparison/contrast between the two systems.

lol @ your silly ass argument about being able to afford to buy games, when you're downloading music and stealing from artists, but apparently, you'd rather take money away from musicians instead of taking it away from video game developers and sony. Way to go champ.
  • One Spliff
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LOL @ you dissing 360's but in a thread about them? Why are you discussing a 360 when you own a PS3 and don't own a 360? I swear some of you PS3 fanboys are insecure that you feel the need to bring up a PS3 anytime a discussion is about a 360. I don't go in PS3 threads to brag about not having to buy games...why? Because they're two different systems so anything about a 360 shouldn't be compared to a PS3 unless the topic is a comparison/contrast between the two systems.

lol @ your silly ass argument about being able to afford to buy games, when you're downloading music and stealing from artists, but apparently, you'd rather take money away from musicians instead of taking it away from video game developers and sony. Way to go champ.

i explained in my post dat i must of mis edited...

but ur boring as ? ....ok u WIN becos u dl games on a 2nd rate console...well done.

move on.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Johnny Green V
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i explained in my post dat i must of mis edited...

but ur boring as ? ....ok u WIN becos u dl games on a 2nd rate console...well done.

move on.

Nah, I win because I never pm'd anyone to see a video of a man stripping.
  • One Spliff
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Nah, I win because I never pm'd anyone to see a video of a man stripping.
    man, u try so hard...

id love to see ur ic book of secrets n records that u've kept on all ic posters...no diea what wud possess u to keep records of all ic posts...but hey...

but i thbink u talkin bout the game male stripper video that was apprently leaked...ye id watch it...game is dat ? ...id beat off to it to...
  • One Spliff
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    Hey now...

I just don't want to be buying ? for more then one system...

I am bout to HB my WII soon as I get some time to actually sit and deal with it... already downloaded That New PunchOut...

tru...if its ur 2nd console that u hardly ? with...it makes sense....thats why i call it 2nd rate...who wud want a console with a 50%+ fault rate as their main console ?...a broke ? thats who.
  • Johnny Green V
    edited March 2010
    Options
    man, u try so hard...

id love to see ur ic book of secrets n records that u've kept on all ic posters...no diea what wud possess u to keep records of all ic posts...but hey...

but i thbink u talkin bout the game male stripper video that was apprently leaked...ye id watch it...game is dat ? ...id beat off to it to...

I typed one sentence, you responded with three. "Apprently" you're the one trying hard. Good to see you admitting to your faggotry.
    tru...if its ur 2nd console that u hardly ? with...it makes sense....thats why i call it 2nd rate...who wud want a console with a 50%+ fault rate as their main console ?...a broke ? thats who.

A 360 isn't a second rate console, it's debatable as to which console is the best between the two. Personally I think the PS3 is the better console, but the 360 is the better value. And the new 360's aren't getting the RROD, Jasper console models are much cooler than the others and use a 150w power supply as opposed to the initial model that had a 203w power supply. Which is why the failure rate is so high on the 360's.
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    so if you dont play online then you wont run the risk???

if thats the case im gonna consider switching over to the darkside of Xbox

too many good games comin out this year and this 63.56 is whoopin that ass twice a month

i'll let my ps3 know that its business,its not personal
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    so you saying right now you playing online and not getting banned?
  • One Spliff
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    It's only 2nd rate if aint nobody buying it...

Also, them joints is known to ? up and ? is still buying them joints...

thats your opinion i guess...

to me their cheap peices of plastic that break easily...i had a choice a year ago between 360 n ps3...it was a very easy descision...

like u said, if i was to get bored of the ps3 n needed a subsitute console...id prob copped a modded 1 n dl games...theres a few shooters id love to try out...but thats as far as it goes
  • One Spliff
    edited March 2010
    Options
    young law wrote: »
    so if you dont play online then you wont run the risk???

if thats the case im gonna consider switching over to the darkside of Xbox

too many good games comin out this year and this 63.56 is whoopin that ass twice a month

i'll let my ps3 know that its business,its not personal

i jus checked the prices actually...360 arcades are cheap as hell....mite aswell jus cop 1 of those, not sure wat the difference is betwen tthem and elites...but i think u can still go online with arcades.
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i jus checked the prices actually...360 arcades are cheap as hell....mite aswell jus cop 1 of those, not sure wat the difference is betwen tthem and elites...but i think u can still go online with arcades.

so you can play burned games online with the Arcade version of a 360???
  • Johnny Green V
    edited March 2010
    Options

Elites are black, Elites come with a 120gb harddrive, wireless black controller, maybe 2 games depending on what you get, a free month of live. (you can get up to 3 free months if you switch names after one expires)

Arcades don't come with a harddrive, and just have a 512mb memory card, yes you can go online with the arcade....and it should come with a free month of live too, but i'm not sure.
  • One Spliff
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Elites are black, Elites come with a 120gb harddrive, wireless black controller, maybe 2 games depending on what you get, a free month of live. (you can get up to 3 free months if you switch names after one expires)

Arcades don't come with a harddrive, and just have a 512mb memory card, yes you can go online with the arcade....and it should come with a free month of live too, but i'm not sure.

damn...thats actually tempting...
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    young law wrote: »
    so you can play burned games online with the Arcade version of a 360???

you can play burned games online with any 360.

the only difference between the arcade and elite is that the arcade has either 256 or 512mb worth of flash built into it depending on how new it is. It's rumored that M$ about to start letting you use USB storage soon though, I hope so cause I still ain't buying no damn harddrive.