OLD HEADS - Drop SOME KNOWLEDGE FOR THE YOUNGER GENERATION

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Money doesn't change you, it just allows you to become who you really wanted to be w/ less consequences
    Your word means alot, don't become someone whose word is unreliable
    That "you can't trust nobody" thing is ? , if you can't trust anyone then you need to re-evaluate the people you keep around you
    Expand your horizons and perspective in life...it will make alot of things in your day to day life more clear
    If you're gonna cheat, cheat with someone who has just as much to lose as you do (make sure she got a man too etc.)

? dont wanna hear this...this is too real...? dont wanna share the ?
  • BritishForCigarett
    BritishForCigarett Members Posts: 107
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Pralims is educatin' the youth out here........

Only advice i got for youngers is start stacking now.............it's better to have a healty bank account/shoebox than have all the flyest garms........

belee dat.......also learn a trade from young. Even if you don't pursue it, you can always fall back on it later on in life.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    ? dont wanna hear this...this is too real...? dont wanna share the ?

I broke that ? down in another thread...? will ? around and make the side chick their 2nd girlfriend instead of simply keeping her on the level of a chick they ? ...get to talking about their life, work, relationship problems etc...can't treat someone like more than a ? buddy then be surprised when they act like it...a chick who got a man/life outside of you already knows the business, already knows how to get down and what information to keep away from you and never to ask you for
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Friends are going to get you broke.Real talk.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ^^^^
    piggybackin off this.

real friends want to see you get more out of a situation
    fake freinds dont want you to get more than them or want to see you fail and stay with them
  • Authentic100
    Authentic100 Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    ? ...

Why you say that?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Pralims is educatin' the youth out here........

Only advice i got for youngers is start stacking now.............it's better to have a healty bank account/shoebox than have all the flyest garms........

belee dat.......also learn a trade from young. Even if you don't pursue it, you can always fall back on it later on in life.

let me add....that try to have you stackiin in an account...that way it will at least collect interest. leaving it in a shoebox leaves it open to fire and theft with nothing insured and it doesnt collect interest.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited January 2012
    Options
    also...

everyone cant be jordan.. its ok to be pippen or purdue or cartright or paxton. as long as you winning play your position as well as you can and be the best at it.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Honestly:

Success normally doesn't happen before failure.

A good, honest deed can go a very long way.

Someone is ALWAYS watching you.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    also...

everyone cant be jordan.. its ok to be pippen or purdue or cartright or paxton. as long as you winning play your position as well as you can and be the best at it.

preach that real ? gospel breh...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    also...

I swear Jalen Rose spent all of last season making this argument on ESPN
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    damn this is a real thread. this should be stickied. im old but hell im still learning so preach.

i got one. it dont matter if a person is younger than you they might have game to spill. so just listen
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited January 2012
    Options
    think about that tattoo before you get it. if you cant retire tomorrow then getting it where it cant be hidden is a fast ticket to failure.
    you should be embarrassed to say you been to jail, not braggin about it
    articulating your words doesnt mean you speak white
    no one cares if all you have to do is make one phone call to get your squad..better hope someone picks up or we'll see you for the ? you are
    if you go to jail for trying to be tough...then dont become muslim for protect...? be tough
    its more honorable to take an ass whipping like a man than go to jail for shooting someone like a ? because they was going to whip your ass

more will follow again
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    "Survival is common sense. Now get out there and live. Get that wett from behind your ears. You could learn some ? from me boy. If you ain't dead before I see you again."

"Hell, you look uglier than last time. How the hell did you do that? You ain't learned nothing yet? Can't fend for yourself? Don't allow that fear of failure to control your life. A turtle that doesn't stick it's head out, won't go anywhere. Now get your grinch looking ass off my porch."

"You ain't in jail yet, boy? You out there acting a fool I hear. I guess common sense ain't common after all, blood. You need to learn some respect. Respect is like currency. You give it and you will recieve it. So don't go treating people the wrong way or you'll get dealt with the wrong way. I catch you sneaking round my back door again I'll ? you, dead. Go on, now."

"Look you little punk. Now I done told you bout playing with me. All that damn, energy to fight. That judge got just the place for people that like to fight. You think you, hard? C'mon, hit me. I'll let ya get one lick in. Hah!! Thought you had me, huh?! You ain't ? , boy! You think you tough, but I bet you ain't ? nothing. That's why you fighting. You need to get some ? . Ol' tender ? ? . When I was your age, I had 6 of them, lined up. Find'em, fool'em, ? 'em, and forget'em. 4FL. Now get outta here cat lick."
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Plap Star wrote: »
    ? them old ass ?

im on my young ? ?
    1. learn respect...no one needs to respect you until you earn it and give it
    2. respect your elders...one day you will become an elder if your lucky

3. money and ? will come...get your ? right first
    4. the hood does not have the toughest ?
    5. learn that a wise man can paly stupid but a stupid man cant play wise
    6. you can learn a life lesson from a janitor...so never think you are above listening and learning
    7. past acomplishments and experience determine if you have confidence.. not just thinking you can do it
    8. a man that has to have his boys around him to be a thug is a real ?
    9. you dont have to prove you aint a ? ...but you need to prove that your a man
    10. rap, bball and drugs aren't the only ways to make money.. thats ? money and it aint gonna last long

more will follow

• Authentic100
    edited January 2012
    Options
    think about that tattoo before you get it. if you cant retire tomorrow then getting it where it cant be hidden is a fast ticket to failure.
    you should be embarrassed to say you been to jail, not braggin about it
    articulating your words doesnt mean you speak white
    no one cares if all you have to do is make one phone call to get your squad..better hope someone picks up or we'll see you for the ? you are
    if you go to jail for trying to be tough...then dont become muslim for protect...? be tough
    its more honorable to take an ass whipping like a man than go to jail for shooting someone like a ? because they was going to whip your ass
    more will follow again

Real ?

? in the chi dont fight one on one.You either gonna get jumped or shot smh
  • dreadlock rasta
    dreadlock rasta Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6
  • Authentic100
    edited January 2012
    Options
  • frostyicy
    frostyicy Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Know that as human beings we are people of habit, therefore never try to break anyone else's habits. Instead try to alter them and plant the seed that it was that person's idea, rather than your own.

Ergo have the wisdom to know when this technique is being used on you as well.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

50 said some real ? in this vid

That's before he fell off. But that is so damn true about life. You really need to cut a lot of people off of your circle if you are going to progress.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'm picking up some gems in this thread..the homie pralims going in.

I'm young but here's something I've learned in my travels:

A wise man can learn from even a fool, but a fool won't learn from a wise man.
  • dreadlock rasta
    dreadlock rasta Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

50 said some real ? in this vid

real talk.....
  • PAPALAS
    PAPALAS Members Posts: 122
    edited January 2012
    Options
    we spend so much money on a bunch of ish that we dont need. stack some of that!!
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    how old you gotta be to be an old head tho?
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Time is a precious commodity, so be respectful of other people's time and mindful of how you spend yours.

A real man loves, protects and take cares of his family period.

You need an education to succeed in this world, that doesn't mean college per se, but includes learning a skill or vocation. College may not be for everyone, but successful people have gained some skills by being taught by someone else.