WestCoast we did it!!! Kendrick Lamar signed to Aftermath!!!

Options

Comments

• andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm excited about it but worried at the same time due to Aftermath's track record..
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    don't worry about aftermaths track record

they've already put out their own albums

you only worry about track records when it comes to mix tape/battle rappers

if you've pushed your own product before, you're not gonna sign a deal that allows a label to limit your decision making ability

c'mon folks
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick already has songs with Eminem lol @ this thread. He has songs with Dre and Nas too. Some of these we may never hear. He has been working with Aftermath for over a year now already.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    cONGRATS to TOP DAWG good news for the whole left coast. Kendrick Lamar is doing his thing and I like his ? , but i grew up off that gangsta ? , im looking foward to hear jay Rock over Dre heat rocks and will cop all their ? from the Black Hippes.

But truth be told Dre should of signed Mitchy Slick and Goldie Loc years ago to keep that gangsta ? going on the left, he dropped the ball on them
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a good look for them. Im startin to see a trend in the industry where I think artist were already signed wayy before it was announced. Like for example, i think ASAP Rocky and Kreayshawn were already signed to their labels before it was publicized, same for Drake durin the So Far Gone era and Wiz durin Kush and OJ. Hope Kendrick gets the rite push nonetheless though.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think they should have stayed independent.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a good look for them. Im startin to see a trend in the industry where I think artist were already signed wayy before it was announced. Like for example, i think ASAP Rocky and Kreayshawn were already signed to their labels before it was publicized, same for Drake durin the So Far Gone era and Wiz durin Kush and OJ. Hope Kendrick gets the rite push nonetheless though.

Mos def bruh ..... And it just makes sense I mean with labels not getting that return like they use to on record sales they much rather sign people who have already garnered a buzz for themselves and are essentially ready to go with a little push from them... I mean it would certainly seem the more cost effective option
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited March 2012
    Options
    all imma say is dont count ya chickenz b4 they hatch sumthang is gonna have 2 drop 1st & that needz 2 b ASAP not 2 3 4 yrz from now & letz hope ? dre dont come @ lamar talkin bout he needz 2 b da next woodface like alize did wit RAKIM or get da BISHOP treatment bein bench wit nuttin 2 show....
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess his album will never come out..
  • biggpmm
    biggpmm Members Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Options
    Yo someone put me on I never really hear any of his stuff
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? will never have an album come out now
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote:
    http://www.thefader.com/2012/03/08/kendrick-lamar-and-black-hippy-sign-with-aftermath-and-interscope/

snoop-dancing-o.gif

I know Iovine is the synagogue of Satan but we got the machine now!

Top Dawg Entertainment’s founder and namesake, Anthony “Top Dawg” Tiffith says that TDE has “just closed” a joint venture deal with Interscope Records and Aftermath Entertainment, the Interscope imprint founded by Dr. Dre.

black-hippy.jpg

Kendrick Lamar’s forthcoming Good Kid In A Mad City will be released jointly by Top Dawg, Aftermath and Interscope. Future releases by Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul and Jay Rock will be released jointly by Top Dawg and Interscope. More details on the deal, from Tiffith, are coming soon.

Read more: Kendrick Lamar and Black Hippy Sign With Aftermath and Interscope « The FADER

maxamillion-o.gif

H-Rap... What the ? did YOU do? Are you TDE??? LOL...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good ? let's see what happens
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Waiting on a Rigamortis remix with Shady LoL...
  • D.Original
    D.Original Members Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    congrads to kendrick and the crew. but i got no trust in what aftermath/interscope does with their artists. lets see if they got enough creative control for the quality of the music to be as good as its been.
  • D.Original
    D.Original Members Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somewhere

Gage
    Rakim
    Bishop Lamont
    Joell Ortiz
    Stat Quo
    King Tee
    Hittman
    Last Emperor
    Raekwon
    RBX
    Truth Hurts

......Is Smiling

thats the sad truth right there
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    Options
    He'll drop an album, n if not well eventually he will
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Title of the thread should be:

"WestCoast put the nails in it's coffin!!! Kendrick Lamar signed to Aftermath!!!"
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    biggpmm wrote: »

Download his mixtape Section 80
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HLF wrote: »
    biggpmm wrote: »

Download his mixtape Section 80

West got Next......ya gotta love it.

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aftemath been pumping out hits lately.........

sarcasm like a muhfucka.

? aftermath.
  • will blax
    will blax Members Posts: 539 ✭✭
    Options
    man this is good ass news!!! i ? with Schoolboy Q more than Kendrick though so i'm looking forward to hearing from him.TDE ain't playin though

http://youtu.be/-tV7pFQPldo
  • 2Fresh2def
    2Fresh2def Members Posts: 935 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Aftemath been pumping out hits lately.........

sarcasm like a muhfucka.

? aftermath.

lmfao, ? , this ? had me rollin
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    So the knowledgeable heads thinking 'Kendrick sold out… he just ruined his career…' and the mainstream fans are thinking 'Great move Son! Can't wait for you to collaborate with X signed rapper'.

Kendrick had some of the best producers working alongside him, think he'll bring them along for the ride? I doubt it.

Kendrick Lamar was part of a movement for Independent hip hop, he released three great EPs (Kendrick Lamar EP, OD and Section 80), in less than 3 years. He'd have profited hugely on that and TDE could have been the Westcoast Rhymesayers had they decided to go that route and sign a bunch of local talented rappers that could have REALLY collaborated with TDE members. Namely The Living Legends who I feel could have really collaborated with Kendrick on another level, I'd love to hear a Eligh with Kendrick Lamar track.

3 independent EPs in three years, think we'll receive that sort of music flow now that he's signed to Aftermath? I doubt it.

I'm part of the naysayers on this one, this is a bad move for Lamar. He could have broke into the charts as Aloe Blacc did with Stones Throw Records. He could have had a lengthy career similarly as to how Atmosphere have had over the past 10+ years.

He didn't need this…

He needs to stay 'hot' in the charts now or he's going to get shelved.

He needs to do 'this and that' according to Dr. Dre when he was already bringing better than they have ever brought in the past decade.

Worst news I've heard in a long while…

We can hope, as we always do, that he doesn't become a part of the Rakim pack.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just heard the first anything I've liked by Kendrick Lamar.

Kendrick Lamar EP >>>

I didnt understand the section 80 hype but I shoulda been listening to that EP