Which one shall i choose?????

Options
Chef_Taylor
Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Let Me Ride
Its been a while but i got my money where i want it...as far as geting one of the vehicles ive been waiting for sometime now.But which should it be??? 2003 Mercury Marauder or 1996 Chevy Impala...i have info on both these cars all i have to do is give each salesman the word but as of now i havent narrowed down my choice.

Comments

• Chef_Taylor
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited December 2011
    Options
    1996 Chevy Impala (leaning towards this one)

3487997_74dcc36d-91c6-49ba-84a2-d4e3f3e3dcda.jpg
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited December 2011
    Options

3487997_370a7403-e6de-42c9-98e8-351bf1a5db9f.jpg
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited December 2011
    Options
    77K on the mercury

51k on the ss
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The ss is one owned and its pratically brand new...but the mercury is cheaper and it run too.I don't know..... if i had 10 more racks ill prolly try to come down in both.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    THE SS BRUH!

51k on it?

how much does it cost tho
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I'd imagine they wanting high teens for the SS and less than 10k for the mercury?
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited December 2011
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    THE SS BRUH!

51k on it?

how much does it cost tho

Its Texas...if you got cash they'll work with you.The ss retail price is 15,570....1 owned 51k miles
    I'd imagine they wanting high teens for the SS and less than 10k for the mercury?

Yes.Now the marauder i can buy that straight cash... its 11,780 and thats just the amount of cash im working with a lil bit under 12(cash).But mann ive been saving and i really dont wanna spend allll of it on just the car but i test drove the mercury put it on 610 ...lol the dealer guy was like 'cmon man,floor it!!' lol he was being sarcastic but i got up to about 90 in it with ease....i havent drove the ss yet but that sucka so clean,ill have to work out some numbers with that payment they asking for 15k for it.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    Its Texas...if you got cash they'll work with you.The ss retail price is 15,570....1 owned 51k miles

Yes.Now the marauder i can buy that straight cash... its 11,780 and thats just the amount of cash im working with a lil bit under 12(cash).But mann ive been saving and i really dont wanna spend allll of it on just the car but i test drove the mercury put it on 610 ...lol the dealer guy was like 'cmon man,floor it!!' lol he was being sarcastic but i got up to about 90 in it with ease....i havent drove the ss yet but that sucka so clean,ill have to work out some numbers with that payment they asking for 15k for it.

15K? that's pretty pricey but the mileage on its good.

do what ever in your price range
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Whichever one is in your price range, but realistically, the car that has the fewest miles is always the best choice.
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited December 2011
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    15K? that's pretty pricey but the mileage on its good.

do what ever in your price range

Pricey??? the car is still brand new! its a 1996,chevy impala that year model is hard to come by this car was imported in from florida which was one owned and nicely kept.For 15 thats not a bad price...the salesman who i spoke with about the car said all the parts are original and the motor/transmission is A-1.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Whichever one is in your price range, but realistically, the car that has the fewest miles is always the best choice.

Not true, you have to take features into account. I'm sure the Mercury has more features but the 96 SS is a sought after car. If it were me I'd get the Impala cause if you ever need to sell your car it'd be easier to sell.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Not true, you have to take features into account. I'm sure the Mercury has more features but the 96 SS is a sought after car. If it were me I'd get the Impala cause if you ever need to sell your car it'd be easier to sell.

That's true, didn't think about that. Both are great-looking cars and I'd love to have both. LOL The Impala SS is 214.1 inches long and the Marauder is about 212 inches long. If gas is the threadstarter's concern, the Impala SS runs on regular and the Marauder REQUIRES premium fuel.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If you don't want a payment, run that Marauder. Otherwise, I'd run with the Impala, that's one of my favorite cars. And with only 51,000 miles on the engine, it's almost a new car.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    that ss is a classic
  • bigsmooth14
    bigsmooth14 Members Posts: 134
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Get the SS trust me you won't be disappointed i bought one bout 4 years back still got it still love the SS is one of the last true muscle cars
  • dollyjade
    dollyjade Members Posts: 7
    Options
    2003 Mercury Marauder I suggest.........
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hard choice lol but Ill go with the impala
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? I would buy that 96 Impala ASAP

that ? will forever be a classic
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Still tryna figure out how to post pics on this new ? .....i coped the 03 black merc 77,456 miles had 2 previous onwers the last owner actually worked at the dealership still had a warranty on it and im loving the new ride.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Got the whip in my avi
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    damn...thought 4 sure you would go with the ss

good car either way
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Mannnnn the one i posted in here got sold and it was only one other ss impala i knew about that was being sold but it had like 150k miles.My ? the merc is fiya though i put it on 610 and got up to 88 without even trying...i might throw some tint on it and put a nice sound system in it thats about it...it has an alram but i want one with a ? switch.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh you made the right choice then

that marauder is tough...i think i like that more than the Vic