Does kanye west have a classic album on his resume?

Options
InMyLifeTime91
InMyLifeTime91 Members Posts: 1,289
edited March 2010 in The Reason
kanye very talented.. i like college dropout n late registration but i kno theyre not classics.. now Graduation ive been debateing on it seems like i can listen to every song n not have to skip any.. wat yall think?

Comments

• jonoaries
    jonoaries Members Posts: 183
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If Late Registration isnt a classic nothing he made is. Its his best album as time passes LR may become a classic but it came out jus a few years ago.
    Graduation....lol ? please mediocre still better than most but not on the level of the first 2. College Dropout had 1 MAJOR FLAW...The Workout Plan song its honestly a terrible song
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I feel conflicted about this, i feel College Dropout could based on the impact it had but to be honest, he wasn't great lyrically and his flow wasn't sharp on it. You could tell he had not sharpened his craft yet. I would give him the benefit of the doubt and say yes, CD.
  • churchboy2
    churchboy2 Members Posts: 477
    edited March 2010
    Options
    8767-the-college-dropout.jpg
    +
    lateregistration.jpg
    =
    29085-bigthumbnail.jpg
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    My personal favorite from Kanye is Late Registration. Imo that's the only one with the potential to be a classic. College Dropout comes close but not a classic imo. I know the majority of people will probably say College Dropout is a classic, I have no problem with that but Graduation is definetly not a classic and of course 808's isn't A classic either imo
  • Gunner J. Matthews
    Gunner J. Matthews Members Posts: 301
    edited March 2010
    Options
    College Dropout is my favorite of all his. Its usually an artists first album that gets put in that GOAT status (GRODT, Jay's first album)

CD is a classic in my mind
  • youngnick
    youngnick Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I think College Dropout is def a classic, Late Registration was more of a 4/5 album, and Graduation is just about a classic if not one, the only filler on that album was ? and Hot Girls (SMH).
  • raphaelmercury
    raphaelmercury Members Posts: 70
    edited March 2010
    Options
    College dropout was a classic, late registration and graduation were very good and 808s was a good experiment
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    he has 4 classic albums......i don't think, i know...
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    they all classic except they ? ass last one
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    College Dropout is an arguable classic but that ? doesnt hold weight against albums like The Chronic, 36 Chambers and Aquemini
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    College Dropout is definitely a classic. I don't even consider it Kanye's best album, but it refreshed the game and introduced one of the most original individuals of genre.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    i feel conflicted about this, i feel college dropout could based on the impact it had but to be honest, he wasn't great lyrically and his flow wasn't sharp on it. You could tell he had not sharpened his craft yet. I would give him the benefit of the doubt and say yes, cd.
    college dropout is definitely a classic. I don't even consider it kanye's best album, but it refreshed the game and introduced one of the most original individuals of genre.

thank you. That is what a classic is!
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i can't agree that College Dropout is a classic. i remember when it dropped and there was a TON of hype - it turned out to be fairly disapointing for a lot of people and critics - now i think we tend to look back on it with rose tinted glasses like it had some huge impact.. honestly i don't think it did.

it's still a great album even though it's got some bad skits and the workout plan is completely unlistenable.. it's just not classic material. Late Registration is better, and it's not classic (yet?) Graduation is also a great album, i've probably listened to it even more then Late Registration - but i'm not calling it a classic.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i liked the first 3 albums, especially graduation......
    now 808's and heartbreak........ugh, i try to forget albums like that.......
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Graduation minus '? and hot girls'
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    College Dropout is his only classic...and I don't understand the LR hype. That album was disappointing in my opinion.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Who cares, classic is thrown around too much...you can make the best album ever but that dosent make it classic....
    Better Question-Does Kanye have a wack album on his resume
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Late Registration was like a jazz album with lyrics... Ye took it to the next level with that ? ... My personal fave of his
  • young luka
    young luka Members Posts: 280 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    College Dropout is definitely a classic
  • krow132
    krow132 Members Posts: 1,033 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't know if Late Registration is a classic per say, but it is easily his best.

I bumbed that album maybe for 2 months straight so for me personally its a classic. College Dropout had too much fillers. Late Registration had all a fluent consistent sound and he had great topical songs on it.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    krow132 wrote: »
    I don't know if Late Registration is a classic per say, but it is easily his best.

I bumbed that album maybe for 2 months straight so for me personally its a classic. College Dropout had too much fillers. Late Registration had all a fluent consistent sound and he had great topical songs on it.

true talk...