Questions and Statements about ? ...

Options

Comments

• alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Its not "if", that is what sin means, by definition... "to err, or miss the mark".

Even in that definition, does it simply imply the act of missing the mark, or does our whole being miss the mark? If it's just an act, then it has more of a chance of being corrected. If it is our being, then the error is in our existence; that we are born missing the mark.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    Even in that definition, does it simply imply the act of missing the mark, or does our whole being miss the mark? If it's just an act, then it has more of a chance of being corrected. If it is our being, then the error is in our existence; that we are born missing the mark.

If it implied our whole being as missing the mark, we'd never get anything right.

We aren't born missing the mark, we are born into a world of sin. Born into a world of error, of people missing the mark.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    No, the Bible doesn't teach we are already 'missing the mark' when we are born. Yes, it teaches we are 'missing the mark' when we know right from wrong, and choose to break a commandment of ? .

And as far as forgiveness of sins and blood, all we can speak on about what ? had in mind regarding the issue is what is revealed to us in scripture. Bottom line is blood is required. Why animals? It is what ? chose, and it is the practice He chose to sanctify. Plus the committing of sin inherits a debt that cannot be paid by the sinner. It can't be paid for with cash, it can't be paid for with animal blood, it can't even be paid for just by the death of the sinner. it takes something worth way more, hence it took the blood of Christ. The Bible tells us Christ purchase the church with his own blood. He laid down his own life so that His children may live. That's how you know somebody love you.
  • alissowack
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If it implied our whole being as missing the mark, we'd never get anything right.

We aren't born missing the mark, we are born into a world of sin. Born into a world of error, of people missing the mark.

Oh, you can still do what is morally acceptable, but moral performance is not a means to being accepted by ? .
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Its cause of the thou shall not ? commandment isnt it......

which brings me to another point, the bible tells us not to ? yet he wiped out the dinosaurs...so whats up with that?
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He was too busy to realize a comet was coming toward earth would the only reasonable explanation outside of, Dinosaurs were satans creation, they comitted adultery, ? kills for the good of things? I know sounds stupid but i can see someone sayin it.

Most logical explanation is ? happens its part of life. A comet will hit earth again sometime. Oh yeah the "Thou shall not ? " is off the new commandments, the first version of 10 commandments said something else and explained when killing was acceptable.
  • TX_Made713
    edited March 2010
    Options
    He was too busy to realize a comet was coming toward earth would the only reasonable explanation outside of, Dinosaurs were satans creation, they comitted adultery, ? kills for the good of things? I know sounds stupid but i can see someone sayin it.

Most logical explanation is ? happens its part of life. A comet will hit earth again sometime. Oh yeah the "Thou shall not ? " is off the new commandments, the first version of 10 commandments said something else and explained when killing was acceptable.

so your sayin a comet slipped his omipresent eye? why not just speak them out of existance?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    so your sayin a comet slipped his omipresent eye? why not just speak them out of existance?

Yes pretty much, he seen a ? on the tube and lost focus on the earth

He loved the dinosaurs he tried to ressurect them back after he epically failed but Jesus came out not really lookin like a T-rex so I guess he just gave up???? Acually he called me yesterday when Jesus comes back hes gonna bring some dinosaurs back to repopulate.
  • TX_Made713
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yes pretty much, he seen a ? on the tube and lost focus on the earth

He loved the dinosaurs he tried to ressurect them back after he epically failed but Jesus came out not really lookin like a T-rex so I guess he just gave up???? Acually he called me yesterday when Jesus comes back hes gonna bring some dinosaurs back to repopulate.

spilled his coffee and was like "Got dammit!!"
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Exactly what happened he used to have the whole thing on youtube but it got banned cause of the nipple on tv in the background
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    So dinosaurs are in heaven? Some in hell too?

No ? gave them their own galaxy to play in until he lets them come back
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You cant ask this question people with common sense would say yea pretty much thats what its saying, Religious people will say that the original commandments didnt exist cause the new ten commandments are the right ones just like the New Testament
  • troncarter78
    troncarter78 Members Posts: 5
    edited March 2010
    Options
    why did Magneto rip the adamantium from Wolverine's skeleton? Stop believing these ancient comic books.
  • sounds of jacob
    sounds of jacob Banned Users Posts: 166
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ............... He didnt
  • The GMW
    The GMW Members Posts: 259
    edited March 2010
    Options
    And as far as forgiveness of sins and blood, all we can speak on about what ? had in mind regarding the issue is what is revealed to us in scripture. Bottom line is blood is required. Why animals? It is what ? chose, and it is the practice He chose to sanctify. Plus the committing of sin inherits a debt that cannot be paid by the sinner. It can't be paid for with cash, it can't be paid for with animal blood, it can't even be paid for just by the death of the sinner. it takes something worth way more, hence it took the blood of Christ. The Bible tells us Christ purchase the church with his own blood. He laid down his own life so that His children may live. That's how you know somebody love you.

Why would an infinitely benevolent and compassionate ? choose to "sanctify" the practice of killing a helpless animal that did nothing wrong? It makes zero sense that such a ? would mandate needless suffering.

And if ? is the designer and creator of everything in the universe, this whole "debt" you're speaking of was made up by him. No one is forcing him to collect blood for forgiveness, and he decides what it can or can't be paid for with. The sacrifice of Jesus was therefore an utterly pointless waste of time, considering the fact that ? could just have easily erased the "debt" without any bloodshed. Either way, there is no justice taking place, since the sinners are not the ones paying for their sins. If he is willing to allow sinners into heaven without any punishment for their sins, why does any kind of bloodshed have to accompany his mercy?
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    SMDH @ people actually making a reach that there is a logical case for killing a lamb for an all powerful universe-creator named '? '. if you actually tried to rationalize that ? you are one brainwashed mufucker. seek help.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The GMW wrote: »
    Why would an infinitely benevolent and compassionate ? choose to "sanctify" the practice of killing a helpless animal that did nothing wrong? It makes zero sense that such a ? would mandate needless suffering.

And if ? is the designer and creator of everything in the universe, this whole "debt" you're speaking of was made up by him. No one is forcing him to collect blood for forgiveness, and he decides what it can or can't be paid for with. The sacrifice of Jesus was therefore an utterly pointless waste of time, considering the fact that ? could just have easily erased the "debt" without any bloodshed. Either way, there is no justice taking place, since the sinners are not the ones paying for their sins. If he is willing to allow sinners into heaven without any punishment for their sins, why does any kind of bloodshed have to accompany his mercy?

will the 'whys?' ever cease?

Man is a fallen being. The fallen being doesn't get to decide the terms of punishment for his own trespasses. And if the fallen being is being offered a gift of having his own trespasses wiped away he certainly don't get to decide the terms on how that gift should be able to go about being received. Yet in your justice system, you propose that ? permit man, the sinner/fallen being, to assume the role of judge, jury, and executioner on his own life. That's like a murderer, already found to be guilty of the crime, going on trial telling the judge how he should go about being punished. It just don't work like that. "Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?" (Isaiah 45:9)

Plus i don't know what's the point in trying to make a case for the animals as if the taking of an animal life is on par with the taking of a human life. And as if animal sacrifices is still commanded. Animal sacrifices was only commanded to Israel. It was part of their religion.

And what you mean ? allows sinners to enter Heaven with no punishment taking place? Look at the sin that's in the world we live in. The punishment is already taking place on this earth as we speak. And we gotta deal with it. It's not the ultimate punishment, but for the time being, ? has allowed the consequences of various sins serve as their own punishment. This way, it allows the sinner the ability to distinguish good from evil and there's a chance the sinner will realize the impact sin has on people's lives, and it will help him realize ? was right and further cause him to want to turn back to ? and learn to do His will. (Acts 17:26-27)
  • The GMW
    The GMW Members Posts: 259
    edited March 2010
    Options
    will the 'whys?' ever cease?

Man is a fallen being. The fallen being doesn't get to decide the terms of punishment for his own trespasses. And if the fallen being is being offered a gift of having his own trespasses wiped away he certainly don't get to decide the terms on how that gift should be able to go about being received. Yet in your justice system, you propose that ? permit man, the sinner/fallen being, to assume the role of judge, jury, and executioner on his own life. That's like a murderer, already found to be guilty of the crime, going on trial telling the judge how he should go about being punished. It just don't work like that. "Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?" (Isaiah 45:9)

Plus i don't know what's the point in trying to make a case for the animals as if the taking of an animal life is on par with the taking of a human life. And as if animal sacrifices is still commanded. Animal sacrifices was only commanded to Israel. It was part of their religion.

And what you mean ? allows sinners to enter Heaven with no punishment taking place? Look at the sin that's in the world we live in. The punishment is already taking place on this earth as we speak. And we gotta deal with it. It's not the ultimate punishment, but for the time being, ? has allowed the consequences of various sins serve as their own punishment. This way, it allows the sinner the ability to distinguish good from evil and there's a chance the sinner will realize the impact sin has on people's lives, and it will help him realize ? was right and further cause him to want to turn back to ? and learn to do His will. (Acts 17:26-27)

I'm not trying to "decide" anything, all I'm trying to do is point out the complete lack of logic and rationality in this whole blood sacrifice idea. If you want to compare it to the justice system, how about this: A man is convicted of murder, and the judge decides on the death penalty. Then someone else steps in -- someone innocent -- and offers to be executed in the murderer's place. The judge accepts, the innocent man is executed, and the murderer walks free. Does that make sense to you? That doesn't make the judge merciful, it simply makes him bloodthirsty, if he is willing to let the murderer go free as long as someone or something dies.

In our society, it may be true that killing an animal is not on par with killing a human. But we're talking about a ? who is supposed to be infinitely benevolent and compassionate. Why would he, at any point in time, command that people slaughter animals to earn forgiveness or cleansing? Suffering is suffering, whether it's an animal or a human being. Is it ok in ? 's eyes to ? puppies for fun? If not, then why would he mandate an equally wanton and brutal practice?

If our lives on Earth are our punishment for sin, why is it that one's sinfulness has no correlation with his/her quality of life? How many good, churchgoing people do you think had their families wiped out in hurricane Katrina? How much suffering or punishment do you think the atheist Bill Gates endures on a daily basis?
  • alissowack
    edited March 2010
    Options
    One thing I don't want to suggest that you don't ask questions, but this is a question that you won't get a satisfying answer. Giving that ? is infinite, do you think that maybe there are some things that can't be understood anyway? You talk about ? being loving and compassionate as if to say you know what His Love and His Compassion suppose to looks like. A Christian doesn't know what ? 's Love and Compassion is suppose to look like. And would it be fair to say what anybody's love or compassion looks like?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    and if U follow him ur his hoe..
    Im jus sayin...

im no atheist.. iv been pegged to be agnostic.. but whenever im arguing points with a Christian and i provide rebuttals w/ cold hard facts they always revert to "well what if ur wrong?"

lets focus on that right now.. i use to frequent R&R and would even engage the HeavenDude.. once i found out he smoked cracked i stopped though.. it makes perfect sense why he is what he is, im jus mad i didnt figure the ? out long before.. but i even went to task w/ others..

Religious people dont do things out of the kindness of they heart.. there's no genuine love for other people or their own ? .. for the sake of argument lets say they are "good" people and they do "good" deeds.. they do it out of fear of punishment (hell) and/or for the promise of a reward (heaven). Im sorry but thats not love.. those deeds arent genuine.

? is no more then a ? and his followers his hoes.. do what he says and "ull have a mansion and all the riches in heaven" fo'real?? thats ur motivation?? to be kind to other, to not steal or ? , thats what u need to hear???
    or dont do what i say ? "and ull burn in hell forever, oogabooga!!" religious people are running around like hoes in pocket.. scared to be punished so do what they're told..

? uses the tactics of fear mongering and pandering.. that ? sound like an Old School ? .. i know all too well about the game so i know a P when i see one.. and ? 's what we'd call in the game a Gorilla ? .. and anyone who follows him his hoes..

u go out and do his bidding and u stay in pocket orelse..
    u give it all to him, put it all in his hands and he gives u what he feels u deserves.. the more hoes a P has the less he has to take from an individual.. if he only has 1 ? he'll take er'thing.. but say he has 10-20 he may only take 30-40% from each.. but since he has millions upon millions he only demands that u give him 10%.. and lets say seekin knowledge is reckless eyballin.. BIG NO NO!!! cant have u goin to bigger and better things! lol PimPin!!!!!

i have more respect for a person who isnt religious and yet and still a good person, then one who is religious and comes off as a good person.. reason being the formal is genuine.. thats why religious people always have that inner struggle.. cause they dont want to do what they are.. but out of fear and reward they do what they're told..

ill jus be glad when people are judged by the content of their character rather then the ? they serve... cause atheist and agnostics are killin the game ..everyone i know who's religious is fake ...and er'one i know who isnt is intelligent and genuine. haha
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Your mama raised you right CaptialB. I know she taught you about the Lord Jesus Christ. And I believe ? and His word which says, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6) One day you will return to the shepherd of our souls. ? bless.
  • CapitalB
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Your mama raised you right CaptialB. I know she taught you about the Lord Jesus Christ. And I believe ? and His word which says, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6) One day you will return to the shepherd of our souls. ? bless.

hahaha whuddup Heaven..

yeh she did.. even she'll tell u she outdid herself.. she had no idea of the monster she was creating..

but with that said what u have said has nothin to do with my thread..

u didnt agree nor disagree.. u dont see any truth to my statements?? id honesltly like to get YOUR opinion, y'know!?! minus the bible verses..
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ? is in the saving business not the pimping business. So I don't agree with anything you said my friend.
  • CapitalB
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ? is in the saving business not the pimping business. So I don't agree with anything you said my friend.

besides all that... what about the part where i said ur only doin the ? for a reward.. or fear of punishment???!!? thats not genuine.. thats not love for ur saviour..
    smh@u

and u cant sit here and say u dont see the parallels... well if ? isnt pimplike.. maybe pimps are godlike?? they're in the saving business.. they rescue girls from poverty and abusive homes all the time. haha
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    besides all that... what about the part where i said ur only doin the ? for a reward.. or fear of punishment???!!? thats not genuine.. thats not love for ur saviour..
    smh@u

and u cant sit here and say u dont see the parallels... well if ? isnt pimplike.. maybe pimps are godlike?? they're in the saving business.. they rescue girls from poverty and abusive homes all the time. haha

Believers love the Lord because He first loved us. Rewards are given based on our faithfulness to the Lord in this lifetime. So it's not about serving the Lord based on rewards, it's about serving the Lord based on our love for Him.

Also, There is no fear of punishment for the believer. Salvation saves us from our sins and the consquences of our sin. The wrath of ? no longer abides on the believer becuase we have been washed in the blood of Christ. So there is nothing to fear if you are in Christ. Only the lost have something to fear because the wrath of ? abides on them forever, which will be felt for all eternity in the lake of fire.