The rock and Brocks contracts revealed....wrasslers catch feelings

Options
Copper
Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in Off The Turn Buckle
WWE wrestling fans, and sports fans worldwide have been abuzz all week after Brock Lesnar returned to WWE Raw this past Monday night. Lesnar, a former Ultimate Fighting Championship athlete joins Hollywood actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as the latest mainstream celebrity to be signed to a WWE contract. Both men formerly labored for Vince McMahon's empire before they coursed on to bigger and more prestigious accolades. However, there have been reports that many current WWE roster members are not too pleased with the return of The Rock and Brock Lesnar.

Brock Lesnar

wikimedia commons
As contract stipulations begin to leak, on of those circumstances reported in Brock Lesnar's agreement was that Brock had to work a told 30-40 wrestling dates for the year. For those intervals, Lesnar would receive five million dollars. The dilemma with this exists that other full time members of the roster perform over 200 dates per year and don't even make a fifth of Lesnar's income. In fact, other than a smattering of elite headliners, most WWE wrestlers make less than 500,000 dollars a year. And that doesn't include travel expenses and hotel accommodations that those wrestlers have to disburse for out of pocket each week. The gap between dates and salary among full time WWE wrestlers and Brock Lesnar is blithering, and may be an overall arrant endeavor for WWE.

The Rock has a comparable WWE contract. It has been logged that The Rock will work a dearth of matches over the next year, which will culminate in a bout at Wrestlemania 29 against Brock Lesnar.

If you're a WWE entertainer, now your confronted with two major part time wrestlers working a lot less than you, and making a lot more than you. Wouldn't this put you in a sour mood and make you want to work less for the company who sees you as filler between top acts? Let's not neglect that there is another wrestling organization named TNA who is always looking to sign former WWE stars to more lucrative and less stressful work environments. Is the WWE just inducing its superstars into the hands of the competition?

For the WWE, the return of Brock Lesnar and The Rock to the pro wrestling rank is great. Vince McMahon and his band of corporate executives can count on more pay per view buys and higher ratings for Monday Night Raw. But are their returns worth losing company morale? I think it's a slippery slope and the WWE needs to be careful how they conduct business in the future. Any more high paying part time wrestlers will only hurt the WWE.

Comments

• Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Certain wrestlers were outspoken about the schedule The Rock got to work through to get to WrestleMania. They hated the schedule because it catered to what he wanted or needed to accomplish outside of the ring. It was either hate for coming back and taking someone's spot at the event (something I've said, those who complained wouldn't have gotten anyway), or they joked and complained about him showing "Live via Satellite" more than he did in person. Yet, none of those ? praised him for bringing in a huge gate (something those who complained will NEVER do in their careers) and getting them a few extra coin if they appeared on the event.

For every thing The Rock has done over the past decade and a half for wrestling, the new generation is unappreciative. Without him, the WWF would have died when WCW took over, and most of them would be doing jack ? with their lives if the likes of The Rock, Austin, Undertaker, HHH, HBK, DX, etc, hadn't stepped their game up and took the WWF/E to new heights. It was The Rock who's contract was up at the height of his popularity that HE CHOSE NOT TO RESIGN and focus on Hollywood. He didn't leave while under contract to do other things because he felt the need to. But when he did return, ratings went up, and the buy rates for these PPV events saw an increase. How can you hate the man for still coming back and giving your product a shot in the arm when those who are full time can't do a 10th of business that he can create?

Now we have Brock Lesnar returning, who did the total opposite of The Rock. He left while under contract to do other things, and it's come full circle for him now. Yet, I don't hear any of the hate that The Rock got about the contract money or schedule that he's been given. 30 appearances and 5 million is what Brock is going to get to have a match at next year's WrestleMania. The payoff is that he'll do what The Rock did in terms of business, but I haven't read not one complaint from a full time wrestler about the money or the appearances.

So why are these dudes hating on The Rock so much for 'graduating' to the next chapter in his career and life, but still finding time to make appearances and bring in money for the company? Yet, Brock Lesnar, left and spit on the company, but returns to not a peep from anyone.

Is it true that all this hate is not from the locker room but from Triple H himself because he's jealous of The Rock's success? And that he won't say a word about Brock because he'll get his ass kicked if he said something? I'm waiting on the first report of someone in the locker room hating on Brock's schedule and money. I doubt anything would be said because all the hate may be coming from one man, not an entire locker room. If Vince knows what's going on, he probably told his son-in-law to shut his trap and let Brock make him money, or Brock could catch feelings and bounce again before that big pay day.

It's interesting to say the least at how The Rock can get ? on, but not a word about Brock's return.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jealousy and I felt Race may have something to do with it as well.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I dont think Triple H is jealous, he is known as one of the greatest of all time. Most of the hate I believe is fabricated, wrestlers staying in character. BTW, Steve Austin led WWE into victory over WCW, not Rock
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    like joker said, i could see some of it being made up but i think some of those dudes probably really got a problem with it. the difference with the rock and brock i think is that brock left, had a quick spark then fell off so they look at it like he's crawling back like an "i told you so" type of thing. rock left, and became huge in hollywood with no signs of slowing down. he doesnt really need to be there and i guess they feel like what john cena said he's just "visiting"
  • Copper
    Options
    like I heard scott stiener once say....u cant complain about the contracts of the superstars/main attractions because there the ones bringing in all the money if not for them u wouldnt be getting paid....or something like that
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? need to just step they game up and they wouldnt really have to worry about ? like this
  • Copper
    Options
    ? back stage crying b/c one of the most famous superstars ever in the business is back and being one of the most famous superstars in the business...perfect example of dont hate get like me
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If this is true I'm gonna say Miz is probably one of the cats that caught feelings on this ?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Copper
    Options
    they should just ask them ? can u pull the same results as the person u ? about?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Now the WWE Locker room knows how it feels to be 98% of the TNA Roster...Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, Sting, Mr. Anderson and Eric Bischoff and Kurt Angle up there wiping they ? with the rest of them ? ' health insurance policies LOL.
  • peagle05
    Options
    lol FOH if what im reading is actually true WM 28 did 1.9 million buys. who the ? they think sparked that ? ?
    ? need to step they game up and show some respect.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i aint really interested in brock vs rock at wm tho anyone else?
  • peagle05
    Options
    i aint really interested in brock vs rock at wm tho anyone else?

depends where brock is at physically, they had a good a match back in 02 at summerslam. i still remember the double kip up. lol
  • Dexter Morgan
    Dexter Morgan Members Posts: 40
    Options
    I can Guarantee you guys like CM Punk, Randy Orton, Dolph Ziggler, and John Cena will NOT publicly talk the trash about Brock that they did about Rock
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    True, I doubt anyone else will say something in public about Brock coming back working short dates at large money.

BUT

Someone has spoken about how they believe he's going to '? ' at the 4 month mark of his return because he'll get tired of the travel. Of course that person remained anonymous because they probably fear that Vince will punish them for calling out one of his cash cows, or Brock will catch feelings and bolt before any sort of payoff can take place.
    – Given Brock Lesnar’s admitted distaste for WWE’s strenuous road schedule, there is skepticism on the accomplished grappler remaining content for the entire one year duration of his contract with the sports entertainment organization. One veteran wrestler who worked with Lesnar during his prior run with WWE doesn’t think that he will able to handle working for the promotion for an entire year.

The wrestler said to Pro Wrestling Torch editor Wade Keller on Monday night following Raw, “I give him four months before he cracks.”

Lesnar loathed the travel schedule so much that in 2003 he bought a private plane and hired a pilot to alleviate the stress of going through airports. Even with that and a seven-year contract for a $1 million downside guarantee, he ultimately gave notice that he would finish up at WrestleMania ? .

These dudes are just jealous of the attention Rock and Brock gets because those two are money in the bank and those who have opened their mouths wonder why they can't make it into the same tier of success and popularity as they have. Rock has moved on with his career, and if he wants to 'visit', so be it if Vince allows it, everyone gets paid if he 'visits'. Brock is the only concern because he's proven that if his heart isn't into something, he'll leave it alone. But there hasn't been criticism about Brock just yet, as many have tried to crucify Rock for leaving and coming back.

It'll be interesting to see if Brock does get tired of the schedule and break the contract again to leave, thus, destroying everything the WWE has started to build up. And whatever Cena, HHH, and especially Punk and Ziggler have to say is ? , because their success out of the ring pales to what Rock and Brock have achieved, and it sounds like pure jealousy. They can try to break it down 1000 different ways as to why their return is wrong/bad for the talent trying to make it, but they have been gone for so long, why haven't anyone else made it to that level since they were gone? That's the question that should be asked, not why are they coming back.
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ain't Rock's fault the most of the roster has been coasting along, spots aren't handed to you you gotta take it.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The new guys like; Miz, Drew McIntyre, David Otunga, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, etc all have the opportunity to take the torch. At any given time in the ring or on the mic they have the chance to show their creativity and ballsy ? , for the most part they just go with the flow. Plus, the crowds suck. People like Rhodes, Ziggler, DBryan would've been golden in the attitude era. People all want faces today and boring ones at that. The heel has lost his position as a fan favorite, too many ? ass kids who cry over Cena losing or Rey giving a headbutt talk. ? need to man up and realize real talent, then and only then will we have big stars.
  • Dexter Morgan
    Dexter Morgan Members Posts: 40
    Options
    well from the reports he only has to work twice a month

side note ? those other guys, The Rock can do whatever the ? he wants to do. Why? because he can, if he didn't have the stroke to do it, he wouldn't.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brock is a ? though. He's a high maintenance prissy queen. He can't take punches or kicks in the MMA and he doesn't like traveling so much, yet he makes so much money doing it.

Dude complains too much smh...
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Brock is a ? though. He's a high maintenance prissy queen. He can't take punches or kicks in the MMA and he doesn't like traveling so much, yet he makes so much money doing it.

Dude complains too much smh...
    Wouldn't say he's a ? but he is high maintenance though. If it aint the best, he's not doing it.

I can see why some would complain but if you really wanted the spot you should've worked for it. Yeah its some ? when someone can come and go on their own accord but you can fill in the spot once their gone through hard work. Most of the new age wrestlers are committed to the wrestling aspect, they just like the money and traveling.

If a piece of a puzzle is missing, do whatever you can to make yourself fit in it

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    It was the undertaker who said he would ? . Its well known they do not like each other