Homeland on Showtime....

Options
TheIraq
TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Anybody checked it out?

Comments

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i caught like the first 3 episodes but fell off theres just so many good shows on sundays dexter walking dead hell on wheels etc i forget about this show...update me?
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    dude looks like jason garrett's evil twin
  • p swayze 166
    p swayze 166 Members Posts: 120
    edited November 2011
    Options
    show is pretty damn good...best watched liek all in one day, i caught on late and watched 7 episodes in like 2 days....str8 hooked.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    damn. i just watched the first season in 4 days. ? was good. much better than i thought
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Bout 1/3 of the way through. I actually really like it. All these "whodoneits" got me thinkin bout every angle.
  • Darius
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Poor uncle mike
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Though the show has a major flaw in the storyline that pretty much tanks the whole show, it's good entertainment so i overlook actual facts. My girl put me on to the show. it started kinda slow but picked up nicely.
  • Darius
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Though the show has a major flaw in the storyline that pretty much tanks the whole show, it's good entertainment so i overlook actual facts. My girl put me on to the show. it started kinda slow but picked up nicely.

what is the major flaw?

i mean i see alot of flaws and completely illogical circumstances arise in the show, but nothing that really doesn't happen in most every of fictional tv show, but i haven't really noticed anything that just undermines the entire show
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Show is great, but problem with the premise is that it can't last more than 2 or 3 seasons and still remain credible. I'm glad its something fresh, but the shows creator are limiting themselves with the plot
  • lamontbdc
    edited December 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    what is the major flaw?

i mean i see alot of flaws and completely illogical circumstances arise in the show, but nothing that really doesn't happen in most every of fictional tv show, but i haven't really noticed anything that just undermines the entire show

DC isn't a state thus it's impossible to have a congressman. the whole storyline of him running for congress is fluke b/c it's impossible for any Dc resident to run for congress.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I just finished this season. Kinda ? me off at all these damn A-rabs having their way.
  • thenatureboy
    thenatureboy Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I just finished this season. Kinda ? me off at all these damn A-rabs having their way.

Abu Nazir got you mad huh?
  • Darius
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Wonder if 'Xander will end up smashing the daughter. Everybody else is ? , they may as well join in
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jus started watching. on ep 3 right now. solid, so far!
  • thenatureboy
    Options
    Season 2 starts in September.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Show is great, but problem with the premise is that it can't last more than 2 or 3 seasons and still remain credible. I'm glad its something fresh, but the shows creator are limiting themselves with the plot

I was thinking the same thing

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jus watched the season finale. ? became alil slow until the finale. the finale made up for it tho. lookin 4ward to season 2 tho. this and dexter season 7 BOTH start sept. 30th
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    ? i forgot all about this show it was slow as ? and i almost gave up on it but it did pick up
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man I didn't even hear of it until it won at the Golden Globes but this show is ? incredible

(spoilers)

The season finale was some of the most brutally cynical, painful-to-watch TV since The Wire season 4. My ? . I was ? ' rooting for ol boy to blow himself up JUST SO HOMEGIRL WOULD BE PROVEN RIGHT.

That said, I think Makaveli and Iraq are giving it too much credit. 2 or 3 seasons? Man, I honestly don't see how the ? this show's plot even transitions into Season 2. Watching her work within the CIA was my favorite part of the show, won't be the same with her as an independent contractor. Also: if they really plan on keeping Brody's secret for 6 seasons, ? THIS SHOW.
  • thenatureboy
    Options
    ^^I don't think his secret will be kept that long. Claire Daines killed the role, such a terrific performance. I will watch her in the CIA or not. I'm sure she might find a way back into the agency.