The Ultimate Face Off! Wolverine vs. Batman

Options

Comments

• jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doctopian wrote: »
    Cats are still arguing for Batman?

exactly..the last time i remember Wolverine and Cap fighting it ended up in a somewhat stalemate with Cap on top of Wolverine but iirc, Wolverine stabbed Cap in the leg..i believe Cap can take a majority over Wolverine but it wouldn't be easy since you can't keep him down.
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Batman could drown Wolverine if he had prep time. Regen doesn't mean immortal.

Prep time doesn't mean can beat anybody
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While both instances we brought up are outliers, I think it's pretty safe to say that it would take a lot of effort for someone on the level of Batman or Cap (even if I don't consider them equal physically) to render Wolverine unconscious on average.

Out of curiosity, how recent is the book that showed Cap one-shotting Wolverine?

Wolverine was being controlled after he died and he also served Thing and the Human Torch in the same comic, but was going to be killed again by the Invisible Woman and was trapped by Mr. Fantastic, they had the ability to transport him whevre they needed him. I can't remember the actual issue tho.
  • jaxn
    Options
    was that a What if comic?
  • I Am Him
    Options
    While both instances we brought up are outliers, I think it's pretty safe to say that it would take a lot of effort for someone on the level of Batman or Cap (even if I don't consider them equal physically) to render Wolverine unconscious on average.

Out of curiosity, how recent is the book that showed Cap one-shotting Wolverine?

Wolverine was being controlled after he died and he also served Thing and the Human Torch in the same comic, but was going to be killed again by the Invisible Woman and was trapped by Mr. Fantastic, they had the ability to transport him whevre they needed him. I can't remember the actual issue tho.

That sounds like the enemy of the state storyline. It was basically Wolverine vs. Marvel. I think that is issue #22. I forgot about that story, but for all of those people who say Batman could just drown Wolverine, read this arc.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    Options
    I Am Him wrote: »

That sounds like the enemy of the state storyline. It was basically Wolverine vs. Marvel. I think that is issue #22. I forgot about that story, but for all of those people who say Batman could just drown Wolverine, read this arc.

Yes and Wolverine has always been that dude, but if Spiderman can beat Wolverine, Batman can.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes and Wolverine has always been that dude, but if Spiderman can beat Wolverine, Batman can.

now that's a whole other thread...
  • I Am Him
    Options

Batman is no Spider-Man
  • jaxn
    Options

Do you think Batman can beat Spiderman? Keep in mind that Spidey is the most agile person in comics and that's including Marvel and DC..he also hangs around in the CL 10 - 20 strength range, with superhuman speed, agility, dexterity, adhesiveness, not to mention his spider sense. Spiderman happens to be a genius as well..
  • I Am Him
    Options
    I feel that if you can hold your own against the Hulk, then a guy with no powers should be a piece of cake. It seems like a lot of people overestimate Batman and underestimate Wolverine, Spider-Man, and a lot of other characters.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    Options

Batman is no Spider-Man

He's better

jaxn wrote: »

Do you think Batman can beat Spiderman? Keep in mind that Spidey is the most agile person in comics and that's including Marvel and DC..he also hangs around in the CL 10 - 20 strength range, with superhuman speed, agility, dexterity, adhesiveness, not to mention his spider sense. Spiderman happens to be a genius as well..

When I take into account common opponents, I have to give the edge to Batman

I feel that if you can hold your own against the Hulk, then a guy with no powers should be a piece of cake. It seems like a lot of people overestimate Batman and underestimate Wolverine, Spider-Man, and a lot of other characters.

Wolverine has defeated entire armies by himself. Spiderman is the golden boy of Marvel. Due to Batman's super power of will and determination (Yes they are super human, let's not act liek they are not) he would trump Spidey and Logan imo. Batman beat the Hulk btw. That was years ago, but ask any writer, they would never write The Hulk beating Batman at all.
  • jaxn
    Options

Batman is no Spider-Man
    He's better
    Actually he's not. Maybe if we're talking about coming up with a strategy to take down some villiam, you'd have a point
    When I take into account common opponents, I have to give the edge to Batman
    what common opponents? They're in two different universes.
    Wolverine has defeated entire armies by himself. Spiderman is the golden boy of Marvel. Due to Batman's super power of will and determination (Yes they are super human, let's not act liek they are not) he would trump Spidey and Logan imo. Batman beat the Hulk btw. That was years ago, but ask any writer, they would never write The Hulk beating Batman at all.
    Batman doesn't have any superhuman abilities..none. His will and determination is no different than any other hero. His only chance at defeating either is with heavy prep. When has Batman beaten the Hulk? Did this take place in some pre-crisis crossover? Batman has absolutely no chance of defeating the Hulk without some circumstances
  • I Am Him
    Options
    Batman is no Spider-Man [/quote]

He's better

What makes him better? Just because you like Batman more does not mean he is better. Spidey is just as smart, stronger, quicker, and knows when he is about to be attacked. Batman has what? The only thing his will and determination will get him is people saying at least he didn't give up at his funeral or at his bedside while he is in a coma.

I don't care how many weights Batman lifts, he is not kicking the Hulk in the stomach to make him suck in some gas. If I was DC, I would have not had them fight because there is no logical way Batman is beating the Hulk. Bane broke his back, but he's not gonna break his leg kicking somebody who could go toe to toe with Thor or Superman?

• BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah Bats going toe to toe with Hulk just DOES NOT ADD UP
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    bat wolverine repellent
  • I Am Him
    Options
    bat wolverine repellent

That's the only thing that would work
  • yeah i rap so don't
    Options
    Man, people act as if Batman doesn't defeat cosmic beings. He beats Spiderman, he already beat the Hulk and if they re-do the fight, Batman would win again. You think his will and determination is the same as other heroes, no.
  • I Am Him
    Options
    I think in the words of the great one "It doesn't matter". I had the will and determination to win that half a billion lotto, but it didn't happen. You think Spider-Man hasn't beat cosmic beings. I don't think I have to say anything about the Hulk and Batman because no one can seriously think Batman can beat the Hulk and you do know that story was published by DC right. They don't even let heroes from their own universe beat Batman, you think they are gonna let the Hulk beat him?
  • jaxn
    Options
    Man, people act as if Batman doesn't defeat cosmic beings. He beats Spiderman, he already beat the Hulk and if they re-do the fight, Batman would win again. You think his will and determination is the same as other heroes, no.

what cosmic beings has he defeated?
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options

Word? Who?

*waits for him to namedrop that glorified punching bag*
  • yeah i rap so don't
    Options

Word? Who?

The bias is deep here.
  • I Am Him
    Options

Word? Who?

The bias is deep here.

The bias might be deep, but the logic is shallow. You say Batman has the ultimate will and determination, but how much will and determination would it take for somebody to keep fighting not only during the pain of being shot, stabbed, and ripped in half, but also the pain of your body stitching itself together.
  • jaxn
    Options

Word? Who?

The bias is deep here.

I'm not biased against Batman..he's dope, but i recognize there are others out there in the comic world who are equal if not better and i can admit that..when you start saying he can beat Spiderman and the Hulk, you're getting out of his comfort zone..He needs prep to deal with the likes of a Wolverine or Spiderman, let alone the Hulk.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • I Am Him
    Options
    Only in the mind of Batman stans