Ladies: I met this girl that made me break my rules (help me out)

Options
2»

Comments

• haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C'mon loo

That's how it is

Unless you're trying to lock her down you shouldn't expect her to be that attentive

Sounds like she knows how the dating game works
  • Loo.Loo
    Loo.Loo Members Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i am tryna lock it down.

i think i'm done ? yall.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Is this the chick you did the picnic for ?
  • Loo.Loo
    Options
    Is this the chick you did the picnic for ?

Yep. We hung out last night.

Going out Saturday.

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    awww well do right by her

don't ? up a good thing
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my input is simply this,

i always treated every woman i went out with the way i felt i would treat the one i would end up settling down with....

and i'm not talking affection wise, i'm just talking courtesy, and respect wise. I'd call them when i felt like calling them, go out when i felt like going out, and spoke my mind freely as soon as the thoughts came out...I've always been very carefree with the way I talked to women, I never went over the top or out of my comfort zone once to impress, or try to sweep a woman off her feet.....

i just casually acted and treated them like they were just a good friend i've hung out with plenty of times....

the strategy in this ...even though it's not a game.... is simply that i'm being me.......after a movie goes off the actors have to go back to being themselves, you can't play a character, or keep up a game forever...at some point, the real you, the person who you are on the inside is going to surface......

and while most people may keep the real them hidden for weeks, months, and sometimes even years...i display the real me on the very first date.....cuz i figure... if you can deal with the real me off the top... it's something worth pursuing....i can't stand playing a character or trying to figure out them and their character.... i just be me....

so my advice is to simply do what you want to do and damn the consequences...you can't do things wondering how she's going to react..you have to act accordingly to what you know what make you happy. cuz if she's the one you eventually settle down with, she's going to have to eventually meet that part of you...why not introduce him up front?
  • Loo.Loo
    Options
    just an update: everything is going really well.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as a fellow(former) man ? ..... i will just say a ? women is a rare find... dont let your fears of commitment keep you from finding someone good b.... we are far more picky then women when it comes to finding a potential mate... you know if that chick is even worthy of the title.
  • Loo.Loo
    Options
    @blazini powerful post brother. yeah, she's worth it. me going out my way to let her know she's special doesnt bother me any longer, because i know all women can't and dont get that treatment for me.

@deadeye baby moms is a mixture of happy/upset. she sees how into this girl i am and what i'm doing for her and she takes it personal. but it wasnt that i think she's more deserving than my sons mother. mentally, i just wasn't there at that point in my life.

she datin' someone but he don't want nothing serious. so for her to see me be able to find a serious thing ... she a bit salty.

but yo -- a man can have a serious relationship at any time he wants to.
  • ol_buddy
    ol_buddy Members Posts: 293 ✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    @Loo.Loo
    If a chick of yo favorite physical preference offered you no strings attached sex, you chris paul passing?
  • Loo.Loo
    Options
    @ol_buddy

Yeah man. At this point I really would.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont break your rules for no female, they'll quickly remind u y u had those rules in the first place.