Options
2»

Comments

• haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shes alright

But she has a lot more to prove

How many UK artist come in with a few singles and fizzle within a year or two?

Most of them
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    gns wrote: »
    Rhianna got that island swag. That's the formula these chicken heads can't follow. She got the dance hall and calypso infusion on a lot of her songs which makes her sound unique cuz the only other person doing it on that level is Sean Kingston.

u woulda got a cosign till u hinted that rhi rhi and sean kingston are anywhere near each other in terms of content.

I was talking about influence in their sound (or the beats and rhythm) not content. They are both singers with a unique sound from the islands but he is far more intrenched in that sound then she is. Their content is obviously different.

She barely sings any dance hall and calypso type of songs anymore. All her ? is mostly pop now. Had she stayed with the formula of her first two albums, you could say that it separates her from everyone else. But her sound currently is no different from Kesha, Katy Perry, or any other pop chick.

Take Care, Where have you been, and We Found Love all has Dancehall influence. Birthday Cake is hip hop R&B. She does way better music then those girls regardless and she's not even the best singer.

Take Care has soft pop influence. Where Have You Been and We Found Love has mostly house influence. There's nothing very dance hall about either one of those songs, so to say so is reaching. Only dancehall influenced song she's done in the past year is what's my name and rude boy. And those were subpar at best. There is nothing about the ? that is original or special in comparison to these other hoes in the game. She's just like them--only difference is she has Jay backing her on Roc Nation. That whole island swag doesn't even mean anything because she doesn't even really use the sound anymore.

Yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

You sound kind of agitated. It's not that serious. Those songs do indeed have Dancehall sounds in them along with the other sounds that you mentioned. Did you not hear the underlying rhythm in those songs? Even Take Care has Calypso Steel Drums. You do know that you can mix different sounds right? Anyway I'm not a fan. I don't regularly search out her music, but she does make good music that is far better than those wack girls roc or no roc. but, it's whatever.
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    give a ? about their talent, but both these hoes can get ?
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rhi Rhi is gonna realize soon that chicks like her are easily replaceable. Age ain't kind to women in the media.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    Rhianna got that island swag. That's the formula these chicken heads can't follow. She got the dance hall and calypso infusion on a lot of her songs which makes her sound unique cuz the only other person doing it on that level is Sean Kingston.

u woulda got a cosign till u hinted that rhi rhi and sean kingston are anywhere near each other in terms of content.

I was talking about influence in their sound (or the beats and rhythm) not content. They are both singers with a unique sound from the islands but he is far more intrenched in that sound then she is. Their content is obviously different.

She barely sings any dance hall and calypso type of songs anymore. All her ? is mostly pop now. Had she stayed with the formula of her first two albums, you could say that it separates her from everyone else. But her sound currently is no different from Kesha, Katy Perry, or any other pop chick.

Take Care, Where have you been, and We Found Love all has Dancehall influence. Birthday Cake is hip hop R&B. She does way better music then those girls regardless and she's not even the best singer.

Take Care has soft pop influence. Where Have You Been and We Found Love has mostly house influence. There's nothing very dance hall about either one of those songs, so to say so is reaching. Only dancehall influenced song she's done in the past year is what's my name and rude boy. And those were subpar at best. There is nothing about the ? that is original or special in comparison to these other hoes in the game. She's just like them--only difference is she has Jay backing her on Roc Nation. That whole island swag doesn't even mean anything because she doesn't even really use the sound anymore.

Yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

You sound kind of agitated. It's not that serious. Those songs do indeed have Dancehall sounds in them along with the other sounds that you mentioned. Did you not hear the underlying rhythm in those songs? Even Take Care has Calypso Steel Drums. You do know that you can mix different sounds right? Anyway I'm not a fan. I don't regularly search out her music, but she does make good music that is far better than those wack girls roc or no roc. but, it's whatever.

Who said it was that serious? I call all these ? hoes and am equally harsh on all of them. Nope, still don't hear any dance hall influence. I still feel like you're reaching. Honestly, she doesn't make better music. She has more promotion than they do. All these pop ? sound the same and make the same kind of wack ass music. Lol why defend her and then say you're not a fan? If you think she makes good music, obviously, you are one. You may like some of her music, but it doesn't make it good. All of her music pretty much sounds the same, anyway.

You sound kind of extra. You should clean out your ears though cuz you don't know enough about Dancehall riddims or the blatant calypso drums in Take Care. My initial argument wasn't about whether her music is good or not. That's something you bought up and my statements were based off of the people you mentioned. So no, I'm not a fan for pointing out a sound she has that is unique to her or saying she actually makes decent music generally and compared to those you mentioned. And how does she have more promo then the girls you mentioned? They everywhere as much as she is. The difference is, she makes more music then them and she generates more hits regardless of your feelings.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chcik looks like Beyonce and Rihanna had a child

lol I see you Jigga
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is it me or does shawty look weird in the face....thats a strong ass jaw

other than that i dont see her ? with rhi or catching on in America in a major way

btw what the hell happened to kat de luna, she was the suppose to be the spanish version of rhianna but flopped badly...
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is an attention ? ? put some clothes on wouldnt ? with richard pryors ? ella ella ella ella
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil loca I couldn't agree more. Smh at her having a new album out every month. And how are you an artist that's been around for 5 or 6 years yet nothing has improved: performance, vocals, dancing, writing, forehead size lol or something. I just don't get the hype.