The Offical Mad Men Season-5 Thread: The GOAT TV Show is back... Breaking Who???

Options

Comments

• CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think they building up for don to get back wth betty
  • truth_juice
    truth_juice Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    Options
    MobTown wrote: »
    I think they building up for don to get back wth betty

Think so? I think there is too much damage there. I dont think Dons pride would let him take her back. Once that dude moves on its a wrap.

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Betty better lose them pounds first, Don don't ? with fat hoes. ? he called her ass fat a couple episodes ago.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you can see they care for each other and both are Unhappy with current marriages
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Comments on this episode.

1. smh at Pete Campbell. ? him.
    2. lol at Roger Sterlings attitude. He truly lets a hoe be a hoe. He dont love em.
    3. lol at dude who saw joan and thoght "ebrc""literally"
    4. If that was me, Joan would be pregnant again.
    5. I respect PEggy. She did the right thing. Don crossed the line.
    6. Is Megan "Loving the crew"?
  • TayJone
    TayJone Members Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    Options
    "The Other Woman" was a great episode. wow!
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotdayum at this episode. SMH @ Pete Campbell ? out his colleagues to get an account. I admire this man's hustle, but he has no moral compass on when it comes to his desires.

Wow at Peggy really going. It was sad to see her go, but the relationship between her and Don was untenable.

That last half hour of the show was some of the best television / most depressing ? I've ever seen. Nobody gets what they wants and when they do, its not what they expect.

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I made the thread and I wait till its out on Blu Ray...
    My Spurs tho
  • s0j0urner
    s0j0urner Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Do you consider Cleopatra a prostitute?" - Pete

Pete pimped Joan and won. I think Peggy will come back, good for her though.
  • bignorm
    Options
    Don respected Joan, not Peggy.
    He made it rain on her. In the 60's.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    amazing episode, Don and Peggy have had great scenes together and last night was the best scene they ever had together when she told Don she was leaving.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man you cant ? on pete. pete on his ? . and lol@petes speech to joan. lol@don making it rain on peggy and that english ? gone get caught. damn only two more episodes left.
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yooo this was a brilliant, brilliant episode. Honestly this season has been onpoint. Peggy leaving was some sad ? not gnna front. And Pete, wow from season 1 this dude has become a cold blooded killer. He's invaluable to the firm now, if they lose him they go under.

Joan, damn, a girls gotta do what she gotta do huh? Shoutsout to Layne for slipping in a better offer.
  • bignorm
    Options
    Pete is not invaluable. He doesnt have great ideas. He always needs assistance to close.
  • truth_juice
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    Don respected Joan, not Peggy.
    He made it rain on her. In the 60's.

Lol. That ? is a wild
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting how Don's relationship with women has evolved
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn i jus saw the episode...that ? was perfect...Peggy leaving was intense as ? but i think she will b back...i always thought Don and peggy wud own an agency together
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    another strong episode. don said "five seconds isn't enough time to have to sit down" lmao
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the best episodes of an already consistently great series.

And like I said, Don and Joan are not romantically interested in each other. "I told you so".
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    One of the best episodes of an already consistently great series.

And like I said, Don and Joan are not romantically interested in each other. "I told you so".

Nobody said anything about romance fam but there was a lot of sexual tension

• bignorm
    Options
    Not interested huh? He was the only male who caped for her.
    Even Lane was okay with her letting the dude "touch it in miami"
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's definitely not sexual tension between Don and Joan. The exchange they shared in the bar was one of mutual respect and easy camaraderie. Joan is one of the few women Don doesn't have sexual tension with throughout the course of the show. They're both too jaded and know too much about each other to even think of getting involved. Don doesn't respect many women, but he respects Joan. Their relationship goes beyond sexual.

That being said, I believe that's why he was a little heartbroken when he found out about her and Jaguar guy.
    I think he hasn't realized it yet, but Peggy also means more to him than what he thought. Even though he was saddened by her leaving, I think the full import of it hasn't hit yet. He's going to go after her soon.
  • truth_juice
    edited May 2012
    Options
    There was tension and showed some discontent on Dons part but I think most ppl already agreed it was innocent for the most part and they wouldnt cross that line.

• Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wat? Joan was def throwing the ? at Don
  • bignorm
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »
    wat? Joan was def throwing the ? at Don
    exactly. the only reason there is not tension, is cuz Don aint feelin her all the way.
    Joan has made it clear since the first season that Don could get it.