Heavy Rain Developer's Next Project at E3?

Options
KillaCham
KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
edited June 2012 in IllGaming
This discussion was created from comments split from: E3 2012.

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

Rumors suggest that is the case -- and that two projects are in the works.

Mere hours after IGN wished that Heavy Rain developer Quantic Dream would show off its new game at E3, sources are saying it's happening. According to a ComputerAndVideoGames.com "trusted source," studio founder David Cage will present the new project at Sony's E3 Press Conference. The source also claims that the company is working on two separate projects.

A PlayStation spokesperson said the company doesn't comment on rumor or speculation, but what do you think? As we hypothesized in our E3 preview, it makes sense. The Quantic Dream short film Kara showcased a year-old game engine, so it's possible that Quantic Dream has been working on the game for quite a while and is ready to showcase it.

Let us know your theories and thoughts in the comments below. Then, check out the Sony E3 Press Conference livestream here on IGN Monday, June 4th, at 6 p.m. Pacific. You can even stream the conference via the free IGN app on your Xbox 360 if you want it on your big screen. Until then, watch Up at Noon's ridiculous E3 predictions...
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now this I'm excited for heavy rain was the ? ....a breath of fresh air from all the sequals....shooters and hack n slash
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another great PS3 Exclusive coming from Quantic Dream... while all the 360 has coming is it's 5th Halo rehash this gen.

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    heavy rain is still one of the best video game experiences ive ever had. Whatever theyre planning, im interested,
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    heavy rain is still one of the best video game experiences ive ever had. Whatever theyre planning, im interested,

They got it right with both HR and Indigo Prophecies
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    if it wasn't for sony making them integrate it with those ? ass motion controls they would have dropped some dlc to fill in the plot holes.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Really?! I might have to pick it up and give it a try. I played the demo and liked certain aspects of it, but I felt the controls were too cumbersome. It's been awhile but I remember having to press like three buttons to walk. How long is the game?

• themadlionsfan
    Options

Really?! I might have to pick it up and give it a try. I played the demo and liked certain aspects of it, but I felt the controls were too cumbersome. It's been awhile but I remember having to press like three buttons to walk. How long is the game?

game is a really nice length and the story and experiance is great....and there is like 26 different endings...
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the controls do take some getting used to. but the story straight up sucks you in. i actually really cared about the 4 main characters as i was playing.