After Jay-Z The King of NY Is.......?

Options

Comments

• KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    there's no more ny kingdom anymore, so there isn't a king of ny.
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    King of NYC goes to the Nicest MC. Not the Richest. And Jayz isn't close to the Nicest in NYC.

how many rappers overtime are nicer than jay in nyc?

and the king of ny was a mix of who is nice and who is popular
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    New York like every other city, has an abundance of talent, who've had success. yet these guys listed, are the guys who had the city on LOCK, during their own individual eras.

although the crown has been passed around, however since 98', Jay-Z has always occupied the throne.

Kurtis Blow- Dude was Raps, 1st superstar

Rakim, Kane, Krs1- these guys done change the game in so many different ways.

LL Cool J- was new yorks biggest super star from the late 80's- mid 90's dude was the 1st all around rapper .

Biggie, Jay, Nas- There has always been a power struggle from 94-97 it was Big Vs. Nas,& From 98-02 it was Jay Vs Nas.

DMX- was a mega star, ppl from all over just loved him yet while his style was straight gutter. he never had to make a crossover track yet he was still huge.

Ja Rule- was the yang of X, while X was straight Gutter. Ja was more poppish. Ja was one of the 1st rappers, that i know of, that was on like 5-6 songs on the radio.

50- became king by defeating Ja. 50 was a mesh of Ja and X, he was capable of being gutter, yet do the pop thing. Dude accomplished so much in such a short period of time.

Camron- Dipset was the 2000's version of wutang, yet more flashier cuz you know, they're harlem ? .Harlem is the swag capitol of the world. everything was Cam/Dipset, what ever Cam/Dipset did we did. from linguistics, clothes, thought process, everything.

Max- after Cam disappeared, from the face of New York, and dip-set disassembled, Max B became a movement of himself, a Wavy one at that. Max ranned NY. and his situation was organic, because unlike the others who ranned the city b4 him. Max was independent, yet had a huge fan base.

French Montana- after Max got 8,000 years, his lil homie decided 2 pick up the helm. alot of Max fans became French fans. and he's definitely NY hottest rapper.

Nikki Minaj- the city is definitely nikki's, she's the biggest star New York have.

Asap Rakim- he's the newest youngion to come out of Harlem Swag U.S.A., and has the youth of NY in his palms. he has his own very diverse fanbase, and is the hottest young rapper in NY aside from French.

• deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    906lgp.jpg

Long live the KING
  • 209murdamike
    209murdamike Members Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Options
    blue ivy doesnt royalty stay in the family...
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    MAYNE yall need to stop it with that ? ,,,,u know damn well Jay-Z aint aint no king of NY. I mean Nas had it with Illmatic then Biggie had that crown then Raekwon wore it for a year or two when OB4CL dropped then, Biggie snatch it back then DMX came and took it for a few then Nas grapped it back.

Now Jay-Z did grapped it with the Blueprint he went after emcee's and dropped a classic album and was the King until Bubble Lip Jay forever being cocky and woke that Sleeping King and Nas came with a burner to the side of Jigga's dome and told him to come out of his throne, and Nas aint relinquish that crown yet.
  • 209murdamike
    209murdamike Members Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^grabbed^^^^
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Jay King if not Jay than like i said its Nas after that it's only a certain few who maybe might be able to call themselves that

(in no order)

50 - cant deny dude as much as he's hated
    Cam - One of the most popular, trendsetters of the early 00's
    Ghost - that dude but isnt the most popular
    Kiss - he from Yonkers so idk)

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay King if not Jay than like i said its Nas after that it's only a certain few who maybe might be able to call themselves that

(in no order)

was DMX from Yonkers as well?
  • Queens Finest
    Queens Finest Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    Cormega is the real king of NY
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

85% of NY hip hop listeners don't even know who Mega is...
    I'm a big Mega fan, but let's be for real dunn....he's not even the King of Queens Bridge
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options

(in no order)

google say Baltimore, Maryland, raised in Yonkers
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »

85% of NY hip hop listeners don't even know who Mega is...
    I'm a big Mega fan, but let's be for real dunn....he's not even the King of Queens Bridge

He's definitely the King of QB.

Mega is the peoples champ.
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie will always be the King of NY... Jay-Z is just the step-king....
  • Bawse D.Lox
    edited June 2012
    Options

(in no order)

lasted i check yonkers is right by Bronx

NewYork is more then just the 5 boroughs,

NewYorkStateCountyMap.gif

(in no order)

X is from Yonkers.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Corey is that you?
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options

(in no order)

(in no order)

X is from Yonkers.

When folks say King of NY they mostly are speaking of NYC not NYS like was discussed in the other thread.

I always thought he was from Yonkers, Google was the one saying he was born elsewhere but raised in Y.O (shrugs)
  • Bawse D.Lox
    edited June 2012
    Options

(in no order)

(in no order)

X is from Yonkers.

When folks say King of NY they mostly are speaking of NYC not NYS like was discussed in the other thread.

I always thought he was from Yonkers, Google was the one saying he was born elsewhere but raised in Y.O (shrugs)

if a rapper was to come out of Albany, and have NY on lock, he wouldn't be the king of NY???????????????

lasted i check Rakim is from Long Island, L.I is not a part of the city.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options

(in no order)

(in no order)

X is from Yonkers.

if a rapper was to come out of Albany, and have NY on lock, he wouldn't be the king of NY???????????????

Doubt a Rapper from Albany having NY on lock period. To have NY on lock u need NYC and if u aint from NYC Long Island or Yonkers/Mt Vernon u might as well be from out of state.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options
    Its going to be a Qween watch....
  • Bawse D.Lox
    edited June 2012
    Options

(in no order)

(in no order)

X is from Yonkers.

Doubt a Rapper from Albany having NY on lock period. To have NY on lock u need NYC and if u aint from NYC Long Island or Yonkers/Mt Vernon u might as well be from out of state.

this ain't 1995, u just named 4 counties outside of NYC, all it takes is a movement like wutang or dipset , a Max B or a Asap world wide type of movement.

then once u get hot NYC will claim you, since you are already a part of NEWyoRK , i remember when the city tried to claim Drake cause he was from Toronto.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options

(in no order)

(in no order)

X is from Yonkers.

this ain't 1995, u just named 4 counties outside of NYC, all it takes is a movement like wutang or dipset , a Max B or a Asap world wide type of movement.

then once u get hot NYC will claim you, since you are already a part of NEWyoRK , i remember when the city tried to claim Drake cause he was from Toronto.

So why Tito Montana not buzzin in NYC? He has from MT Vernon to Albany on smash why hasnt NYC responded?
    To be honest if u outside of NYC or NYC region ur considered "Country". I live in Brooklyn NYC still arrogant as ever.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its crazy to watch New Yorkers have this debate. From the outside looking in I would pick either A$AP or Maino. Why?
    Maino is putting out the best music out of all the O.G.'s in NY. Even Hov. But it seems NY puts him on Lil Cease status. A$AP because he's not the typical Biggie, Jay-Z, Nas, or Camron clone. Yea he pays homage to the south, but people gotta realize he's a product of the Crunk/ Screw era of hip hop.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Its crazy to watch New Yorkers have this debate. From the outside looking in I would pick either A$AP or Maino. Why?
    Maino is putting out the best music out of all the O.G.'s in NY. Even Hov. But it seems NY puts him on Lil Cease status. A$AP because he's not the typical Biggie, Jay-Z, Nas, or Camron clone. Yea he pays homage to the south, but people gotta realize he's a product of the Crunk/ Screw era of hip hop.

Maino is Trash.... Asap dont care about being King of NY he only cares about Asap Mob and Harlem...
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options

to keep it all the way honest i doubt it, ? from each boroughs more than half the time dislike given ? from another borough props so to say a dude from out the city/upstate or as most call them country is running ur city and is KING of NYC is Unlikely..

I wouldnt be able to talk about Rakim cause thats before my time so i wouldnt be able to tell u if he was consider King Of NY or not
  • Bawse D.Lox
    edited June 2012
    Options

(in no order)

(in no order)

X is from Yonkers.

So why Tito Montana not buzzin in NYC? He has from MT Vernon to Albany on smash why hasnt NYC responded?
    To be honest if u outside of NYC or NYC region ur considered "Country". I live in Brooklyn NYC still arrogant as ever.

r u serious???

how many rappers in brooklyn, queens, bronx, harlem, and S.I is hot and buzzing in their borough , but NYC as a whole is not responding???????

to keep it all the way honest i doubt it, ? from each boroughs more than half the time dislike given ? from another borough props so to say a dude from out the city/upstate or as most call them country is running ur city and is KING of NYC is Unlikely..

I wouldnt be able to talk about Rakim cause thats before my time so i wouldnt be able to tell u if he was consider King Of NY or not

? from BK, Or BX was'nt showing Cam Love when he had the city On Lock????

? from other boroughs didn't ? with Max???

Rakim wasn't considered the king???? have u listen to when these old heads discuss there younger days???

3 name always pop up
    Rakim
    Kane
    Krs 1