The Official MMA Thread: Alvarez TKOs Gaethje, Ngannou KOs Overeem, Holloway TKOs Aldo

Options

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    THIS WEEKEND

Friday, June 15, 2012

6/15/12 - Ring of Combat 41 (GFL.tv) Atlantic City, New Jersey

6/15/12 - Titan FC 23: Fight for the Troops (HDNet) Fort Riley, KS

Saturday, June 16, 2012

6/16/12 - ShoFIGHT 20: Parisyan vs Gunderson (PPV) Springfield, Missouri

UFC/STRIKEFORCE

6/22/12 - UFC on FX 4: Maynard vs Guida (FX) Atlantic City, NJ

6/23/12 - UFC 147: Silva vs Franklin II (PPV) TUF Brazil Finale
  • backpackingrapper
    backpackingrapper Members Posts: 181
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Will Munny wrote: »
    ? you wansnt with me rollin in the gym

You know you can still you shooting in the gym with Jon Jones based on the fact that he was a wrestler, ya know taking shots.

I wrestle in college, not good doe lol

ha, You are correct. I used to wrestle in college, I was garbage though. Who you wrestle for?

I wrestle for Centenary College in NJ
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cool. Is that JUCO, DI? DII? Sorry ive never heard of it, i dont really know of any schools on the east coast though.
  • gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 nights of free fights! FX card Friday. Brazil prelims on FX on Saturday.

Predictions: Friday

Pearson over Swanson
    Ebersole over Walsburger
    Stout over Fisher (unfortunately) in the Rubber Match
    Maynard over Guida (who will have his hair braided due to Maynards complaints)

Also on Friday - 3 fighters making their debuts.

Saturday:

Werdum over Russow
    Franklin over Silva (who should then retire)

• cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna be some good fights this weekend. Hopefully Wanderlei has one last fight in him. War Silva.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    I will add gifs lat etonight for last nights and tonights PPV

PM me for streams

UFC 147 starst tonight facebook prelims start @ 6 regular prelims start @ 8 main event cards start @ 9

Main Card

Silva vs Franklin

Ferreira vs Moraes

Pepey vs Jason

Werdum vs Russow

Alcantara vs Dias
    Prelims

Medeiros vs Damm

Heleno vs Trinaldo

Teixeira vs Viana

Perpétuo vs Mafra

Vinicius vs Campos

Arantes vs Vieira
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    one of my favorite gifs from last night...
    9.gif
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Maynard bossed te ? up. That was badass. Greg Jackson runs a jogging school aparently.
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cant wait til rhonda rousey gets back in action
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh i thought anderson silva was fighting tonight
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so ummm.... no one watching this ppv tonight?
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    watching now... TUF brazil final match up...
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    wandy wont last two minutes with rich carey.
  • young_belvi
    young_belvi Members Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Link for tonights UFC PPV, anybody?
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Wandy is doing better than I thought he would maybe he will last 3 rounds.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited June 2012
    Options
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOMG VINTAGE WANDYYYYYY THEY SHOULDA STOPPPED IT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Wandy did good, but Rich was the better fighter. I think it was a good non-stoppage, but it was about as close to not being stopped without being stopped as possible.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    If anyone missed it ONE FC'S PPV was Friday. Full video here >.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PcWK8smwso&feature=player_embedded

They allowed soocer kicks and this is what happened to an old UFC vet in Roger Huerta...
    1.gif
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Huerta has just fallen the ? off. Its like kenny Florian snatched his soul, i dont think he's ever been the same since that fight.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anderson Silva vows to break Sonnen

Anderson Silva on Monday responded unlike ever before to rival middleweight Chael Sonnen, when he promised to "break his face and break every one of his teeth" in their upcoming rematch at UFC 148 on July 7.

The comments were made through a translator during a media conference call.

"What I'm going to do inside the Octagon is something that's going to change the image of the sport," Silva said. "I'm going to make sure every one of his teeth are broken, his arms are broken, his legs are broken.
    "He's not going to be able to walk out of the Octagon by himself. I can guarantee that."

Silva (31-4) is widely considered the top mixed martial artist in the world. He has successfully defended the 185-pound title a UFC-record nine times since 2006, including a fifth-round submission win over Sonnen when the two met in August 2010.

Prior to and after that bout, Sonnen (27-11) launched a verbal attack on the Brazilian champion, heavily targeting his native country in the process.

Following a win at UFC 136 over another opponent, Sonnen issued a pro-wrestling type challenge to Silva, vowing to retire from the UFC if he lost the rematch. He's also commented on Silva's wife and training partners, among other things.

Silva has more or less declined comment up to this point and even admitted in the past he thought Sonnen's charade was "funny." His animated response Monday came as a surprise to many.
    "I've promoted every Anderson Silva fight since he's been in the UFC and I've never heard him talk even remotely close to this," UFC president Dana White said.

Sonnen, who was also on the call, mostly shrugged off his opponent's comments but he did speak on the magnitude of the fight.

"There is no fight in combat history that's got as much weight and as much emotion, not just from the fans and media but from the athletes participating, as this one," Sonnen said. "So, the stakes are completely different."

The rematch was originally planned to take place at a soccer stadium in Rio de Janeiro, but was moved to Las Vegas when the UFC had trouble booking a venue. According to White, the promotion anticipates UFC 148 to produce more than 1 million pay-per-view buys.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Anderson Silva vows to break Sonnen

Anderson Silva on Monday responded unlike ever before to rival middleweight Chael Sonnen, when he promised to "break his face and break every one of his teeth" in their upcoming rematch at UFC 148 on July 7.

The comments were made through a translator during a media conference call.

"What I'm going to do inside the Octagon is something that's going to change the image of the sport," Silva said. "I'm going to make sure every one of his teeth are broken, his arms are broken, his legs are broken.
    "He's not going to be able to walk out of the Octagon by himself. I can guarantee that."

Silva (31-4) is widely considered the top mixed martial artist in the world. He has successfully defended the 185-pound title a UFC-record nine times since 2006, including a fifth-round submission win over Sonnen when the two met in August 2010.

Prior to and after that bout, Sonnen (27-11) launched a verbal attack on the Brazilian champion, heavily targeting his native country in the process.

Following a win at UFC 136 over another opponent, Sonnen issued a pro-wrestling type challenge to Silva, vowing to retire from the UFC if he lost the rematch. He's also commented on Silva's wife and training partners, among other things.

Silva has more or less declined comment up to this point and even admitted in the past he thought Sonnen's charade was "funny." His animated response Monday came as a surprise to many.
    "I've promoted every Anderson Silva fight since he's been in the UFC and I've never heard him talk even remotely close to this," UFC president Dana White said.

Sonnen, who was also on the call, mostly shrugged off his opponent's comments but he did speak on the magnitude of the fight.

"There is no fight in combat history that's got as much weight and as much emotion, not just from the fans and media but from the athletes participating, as this one," Sonnen said. "So, the stakes are completely different."

The rematch was originally planned to take place at a soccer stadium in Rio de Janeiro, but was moved to Las Vegas when the UFC had trouble booking a venue. According to White, the promotion anticipates UFC 148 to produce more than 1 million pay-per-view buys.

? about to get real son. Interesting to see what an angry Silva looks like