Lupe Fiasco-? Bad (Food & Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album, Pt. 1 )

Options

Comments

• melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    Options
    easily the best song out already. it seems like Lupe focused on not contributing to the dumb ?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta listen more times to judge first time listening to it not feeling it
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? 's boring. I think Lupe's real talented, but it is what it is. I'd skip this track when it came on.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    U ? reaching. That first thought I had on this song was Lupe was sarcastically sounding lazy on this song because he is mocking the current mainstream "lazy" flow that rappers like Ross,Wayne,etc use. That's the current cool way to rap, and also check out Lupe "flow". Lupe is trying to appeal to the young teenies.

Overall the song is cool, I ? with it. Also the ending is dope. Song sounds like something that will grow on you.

Co-sign. Concept went over there heads.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    U ? reaching. That first thought I had on this song was Lupe was sarcastically sounding lazy on this song because he is mocking the current mainstream "lazy" flow that rappers like Ross,Wayne,etc use. That's the current cool way to rap, and also check out Lupe "flow". Lupe is trying to appeal to the young teenies.

Overall the song is cool, I ? with it. Also the ending is dope. Song sounds like something that will grow on you.

This^
    ? expecting Lupe's own version of "NY State of Mind" out here
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lupe's biggest song to date !
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he sounded bored making it ....i felt bored listening to it
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This is one of those songs where you appreciate it more after the first listen
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw, this ? go
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I like this. Could end on the album. It's way better than majority of LASERS tracks.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the best beats he has spit over. Like others have said, the delivery was kind of lacking. When he sped up the pace I was feeling it. But overall, I think the message and the lyrics outshine the negative of the song. I ? wit it.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope song, and good message.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just because a song is "creative" don't stop it from being trash, and with that said....yup, this song is trash
    the nerd fell the ? off
  • PadSuJad
    PadSuJad Members Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I just couldnt decide if he was trying to be boring on purpose as a sort of commentary to the type of music he was talking about

or was he just plain ol boring
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's obvious this song went over alot of ya heads. The beat and the flow of this song is mockery of todays hit songs and he's talkin about how alot of kids grow up sayin ? and how whenever kids hear adults say it, they figure it's not a "bad word". So since it's not a "bad word", the kids just say it without knowin it's true meaning. What ya mean lupe fell off? He's always made songs like this.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited June 2012
    Options
    If you compare this to LASERS then of course it's gonna sound dope. :\

*bumps The Cool*
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when it comes to defend wack ? , people always resort to that "it went over ? heads" excuse....anyone with half a brain could tell you what the song is about and the message the nerd is trying to convey, but this new ? is weak and poorly executed...this dude been on a cold streak once he dropped that Lasers abomination
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol...no sir.
    more like when the 'less is more' approach goes wrong.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dope track ? yaself if you feel otherwise ;)

• DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It's obvious this song went over alot of ya heads. The beat and the flow of this song is mockery of todays hit songs and he's talkin about how alot of kids grow up sayin ? and how whenever kids hear adults say it, they figure it's not a "bad word". So since it's not a "bad word", the kids just say it without knowin it's true meaning. What ya mean lupe fell off? He's always made songs like this.

I honestly don't see how the flow is a mockery of today'? songs. Today's hot rappers like 2Chainz, Ross, Meek, Wayne, etc. don't flow like how Lupe was flowing on this track.

Dumb It Down (or the title tracks of Stakes Is High by De La Soul and GSNT by Saigon) is a much better example of making a mockery of a certain era of Hip-Hop imo. I respect the content though.

Needless to say i'm still looking forward to The Great American Rap Album. This song makes Freedom Ain't Free sound so much better, lol.

...remember when Disgusting by J. Cole dropped like a year and a half ago, and that song caught some heat on here, and ppl was saying that Disgusting was mocking the current state of Hip-Hop, lol.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    song is dope,I applaud Lupe for saying things that other rappers won't
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is nice good message plus the beat can rock in the club ironically.....
  • oatmealdude
    oatmealdude Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man im feeling this track i think the lazy flow is most can pay attention really not mad at the track album headed in the right direction hoping he hooks up with Gemstones on this project at least once lol and hit up with a Neptunes beat lol