Clyde Drexler goes in on Magic Johnson....bringing up old sh*t

Options

Comments

• kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    aone415 wrote: »
    even barkely was vocal about magic and him playing on the same court....

It wasn't Barkley, it was Karl Malone that was totally against Magic plying after the Announcement

"Look at this, scabs and cuts all over me," Malone, the Utah Jazz All-Star forward, said last Tuesday night in the visitors' locker room at Madison Square Garden before a preseason game against the Knicks.

He pressed a finger to a small, pinkish hole on his thigh that was developing into a scab. "I get these every night, every game," he said. "They can't tell you that you're not at risk, and you can't tell me there's one guy in the N.B.A. who hasn't thought about it."

http://www.slcdunk.com/2011/11/7/2544014/looking-back-at-magic-johnson-and-karl-malone-the-downbeat-614

during the olympics Barkley wouldn't go near him....
    barkley was one of the few that spoke their mind at the time about it...

Goes to 1:36 of the video

http://youtu.be/wRa0d1c3uf4

How Clyde gon say Magic wouldnt be on the team when they picked the team 2 months before Magic knew he had ? ..... That ? sound bitter .... If he woulda beat Detroit in 1990 he woulda had a ring b4 Mike and maybe he wouldnt have fell in his shadow
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The parts about Magic's playing ability at that time are accurate and fair

But ngga.....'we was waitin for him to Die????'....

1311626178002.gif

i say gotdamn

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i never blamed Karl Malone for his comments, given what we knew at the time...

Lets not act like Eazy E aint get diagnosed w/ ? , get full blown AIDS, and die all on 1 lunch break...
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One thing u can say about Jordan he was ruthless dude he didnt want to just beat u he wanted to ? ya self esteem as well
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    clyde was left off the first 10 players named. magic was on the team before clyde
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo reading these excerps make you miss those times and i wasnt even around for them

Thats how it should be, not everybody being all buddy buddy

• blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never what number is drex on your all-time shooting guard list?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at Clyde saying that he was better than Mike like the 92 Finals didnt happen or something... Clyde should be bitter at his barber instead of Magic for his career.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    blu197 wrote: »
    Clyde was Jordan's equal pre-96 if not better cause his J was more reliable than Jordan's..... Jordan had Scottie and Horace grant and great 3pt shooters while Clyde had terry porter and kelsey

they were real close talent wise. I am not gonna front like Clyde didnt have good teams tho. his squad was loaded. Porter was a good pg Buck Williams was good, Cliff Robinson was good, Kevin Duckworth was good, Jerome Kersey was good.... Detlef was good

Those Portland teams were really good and deep. Cliff Robinson was a rookie/6th man at the time. Drexler and Jordan during that were close talent wise. They were compared to each other often in them days.

• dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    magic was on the decline; but he led a less talented lakers team over portland the year before in the playoffs..foh clyde
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    Clyde was Jordan's equal pre-96 if not better cause his J was more reliable than Jordan's..... Jordan had Scottie and Horace grant and great 3pt shooters while Clyde had terry porter and kelsey

they were real close talent wise. I am not gonna front like Clyde didnt have good teams tho. his squad was loaded. Porter was a good pg Buck Williams was good, Cliff Robinson was good, Kevin Duckworth was good, Jerome Kersey was good.... Detlef was good

Those Portland teams were really good and deep. Cliff Robinson was a rookie/6th man at the time. Drexler and Jordan during that were close talent wise. They were compared to each other often in them days.

Drexler always was a beast hell even in college with phi slama jama. Jordan got more rings and all the shine But Drexler was right there talent wise with him. I loved his comment about Jordan getting to shoot all the time. Im fans of both. Folk love to choose sides tho and bash Clyde. ? that.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked Drexler, but he wasn't nowhere near as versatile as Jordan ever. He could play above the rim like MJ, but he couldn't do everything else like MJ.
  • locksmith1
    locksmith1 Members Posts: 293
    Options
    Talent-wise Clyde and Jordan were even. What moved Jordan a step ahead of Clyde was his post moves and his will to win.

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    locksmith1 wrote: »
    Talent-wise Clyde and Jordan were even. What moved Jordan a step ahead of Clyde was his post moves and his will to win.

& his defense

• blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh ? ..Clyde had some ether in layaway for 20 years for Magic...now he decides he wants to get it out.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man It was a thread recently on who would you take Isaiah or Clyde. Helluva ? was pickin Isaiah and I was like the only ? tha pick clyde...Am I missing something.... now yall sayin hes close to jordan in talent and the 3rd best sg of all time but he isnt better then Isaiah??Huh
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »

Drexler always was a beast hell even in college with phi slama jama. Jordan got more rings and all the shine But Drexler was right there talent wise with him. I loved his comment about Jordan getting to shoot all the time. Im fans of both. Folk love to choose sides tho and bash Clyde. ? that.

what stopped Clyde from shooting all the time??? ? since everybody is saying Clyde's supporting squad was terrible he should have been shooting more....
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Man It was a thread recently on who would you take Isaiah or Clyde. Helluva ? was pickin Isaiah and I was like the only ? tha pick clyde...Am I missing something.... now yall sayin hes close to jordan in talent and the 3rd best sg of all time but he isnt better then Isaiah??Huh

Isaiah is the 2nd best pg of all time. He's the most underatted great player ever.

• blu197
    Options
    So hold up ? saying drex 3rd sg of all time???

So who is better in they prime and who would take???

Prime Wade or Prime Drex
  • Olorun22
    Options
    Prime drex........
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH at you clowns all cosigning Drex and saying he spit "ether"...WTF? Just because a ? say a bunch of ? into a mic dont mean its true.
  • Olorun22
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    SMH at you clowns all cosigning Drex and saying he spit "ether"...WTF? Just because a ? say a bunch of ? into a mic dont mean its true.

Why are you taking it personal??
  • blu197
    Options
    Prime wade >>> Prime drex IMO

I like wade's reckless style of play, and wade did carry the heat in 06 even tho he was gettin to the line crazy he still carried them..

So wade is # 3 sg all time to me the only way he take Kobe spot is if he get 3 more FMVP and not let bron carry them each finals even tho he would have gotten FMVP against mavs if they won