Lauryn Hill pleads guilty to not paying taxes facing 3yrs

Options
loch121
loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in The Reason
Lauryn Hill pled guilty to charges of failing to file tax returns in 2005, 2006, and 2007. The herald artist now will await to find out her faith as the former Fugees singer faces up to 3 years in prison.

According to TMZ, "when the judge asked if Hill "intentionally and willingly" failed to file the returns, she replied, "Yes." On top of possible jail time Hill also faces upwards of $75,000 in fines.

Her hearing is slated for Novemeber.
http://www.thesource.com/articles/228302/Lauryn-Hill-Pleads-Guilty-To-Tax-Charges/

Comments

• HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "the feeeds, the feds are only, about, that cream that cream th-at cree-E-eeam...."
  • loch121
    Options
    Hopefully she will not got to jail because she plead guilty and isn't fighting them
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow... she lives right around the corner from me too... guess I'll be going to the estate sale!
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lauryn hill lost
  • GettinLo
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    Hopefully she will not got to jail because she plead guilty and isn't fighting them

Feds don't play that sympathy ? bruh... she gonna have to do some time
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a sad case man. The Feds have been going hard on artists for tax evasion. Over the last few years they have targeted just about every rapper or singer that has ever turned a profit from their music.
  • awwwwwwwwwww
    awwwwwwwwwww Members Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    This is a sad case man. The Feds have been going hard on artists for tax evasion. Over the last few years they have targeted just about every rapper or singer that has ever turned a profit from their music.
    Wouldn't have happened if she paid her taxes like the rest of us. ? Lauryn Hill.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Obama aint gonna pardon her.... The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is one of Michelle fave albums
  • KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    Options
    how is nas not in jail? lol
  • loch121
    Options
    aone415 wrote: »

Not sympathy but, most of the time not paying taxes doesn't end in jail time unless you fight it, are famous, or both.

How many times have you heard of regular ppl doing time over taxes

They use famous ppl as an example
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She don't make music anymore so meh...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    She don't make music anymore so meh...

But she still has to pay taxes
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , they gonna make an example out of that wacky ? like they did Wesley Snipes....
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sony records won. Lol
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like the homie said how did nas avoid jail ? But I'd let them take l boogie over nas I'm cool with that
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas avoided jail because he probably has the liquidity to pay off or is on a payment plan. When has Lauren released a album, went on a big tour.
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who gonna watch all them kids she got. Is Pras busy?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So much for that comeback album.
  • BiggaP's
    BiggaP's Members Posts: 16
    Options
    It's unfortunate that she didn't have someone to step in a advised her properly on the matter. I hope she finds a way to bring out some new material one way or another
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that's messed up she got like 5 kids or something..I hope she don't no serious time for her kids sake.
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    She intentionally decided not to pay her taxes, so that means she should do time. I don't understand why she'll do it in the first place with all of those children. To my recollection not too long ago she spoke a little about it in an interview blaming the industry. I can't blame anybody but Lauryn on this one.

:(:(
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People don´t ? learn.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    i love Lauryn as much as the next fan but she did it to herself pay your damn taxes
  • GettinLo
    Options

Not sympathy but, most of the time not paying taxes doesn't end in jail time unless you fight it, are famous, or both.

Regular people don't owe 3 million in back taxes... plus she admitted that she WILLINGLY didn't pay taxes, bascially telling the FEDS "? YOU". Like I said she lives around the corner from me and I see her from time to time... she's been on some Zombie ? for a minute. Rohan Marley really ? her up
  • loch121
    Options

Regular people don't owe 3 million in back taxes... plus she admitted that she WILLINGLY didn't pay taxes, bascially telling the FEDS "? YOU". Like I said she lives around the corner from me and I see her from time to time... she's been on some Zombie ? for a minute. Rohan Marley really ? her up

Rohan and some religious guru dude she been messing with for a couple yrs