What Was Your First Wrestling Experience ?

Options
lookdude
lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Off The Turn Buckle
tell your breif story of the first time u got hooked on pro wrestling !

what brand was it ? (WWF, WCW, ECW...?)
Your favorite wrestler(s) (tag teams, stables) ?
what did you see that made you hooked ?
who did u hate ?
lookin back at it all which brand did you enjoy the most ?

(post pics & videos)

im 19, I got hooked on wrestling when i was like 10 or 11.

i remember the first brand i saw was WCW because my step dad always watched that ? i didn't pay attention to it though when i was younger;

but one day i caught a episode of it and i saw Kevin Nash jack knife power bomb the ? outta the macho man and he instantly became my favorite at the time and that move was also my favorite along with the DDT and pile driver. I thought he was just the dopest.

jackknife21.jpg?9707a5

some other guys i loved were DDP, Sid viscious, Vampiro, billy kidman & rey mysterio jr.

i discovered WWF like 2 years later, i had never heard of it or even seen it once. i caught it at the height og the attitude era. saw a feud promo of undertaker and stone cold, undertaker was ? him up hit him in the head wit and glass bottle or sumthin and stone cold was bleedin the whole ring was covered in blood !thats all i needed to see and i was hooked!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rda-voDpLK8

was back and forth between WCW AND WWF for a while but WWF won me over i think cuz they had better characters and deeper storylines. my favorite wrestlers were taker, x-pac, kane, & stone cold

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    going to see doom at a live show when I was a youngster....and watching that sting vs rick rude beef, and the hulk hogan vs ultimate warrior match from toron...toron...torun my mouth all over u candy ?
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Watchin Ravishing Rick Rude and Ultimate Warrior at Summerslam 1990

I was 7 years old and been hooked ever since...
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cool Thread. I can briefly tell my stories. I think.

im 36 so i goes back a bit. When i was a kid, during saturday mornings, on the 3 major networks (cbs, nbc, abc) cartoons came on until noon. I had brothers and we had a rule: whoever woke up first, controlled what we watched all morning. But Momma trumps all. So she started putting wrestling on. 2 different brands. the wwf, and NWA (wcw). I liked wwf because i saw hulk hogan in rocky III, and the characters were awesome. piper, andre, hillbilly jim, junk yard dog, mr wonderful, brutus beefcake....

Then we started watching nwa. they had dusty rhodes, ric flair, magnum t.a, the road warriors.... (brief)

So i watched thru the years. saw wrestlemania III live on pay per view and kept up until 94.

by 96 wcw had it. hogan went bad and changed the game. but i didnt watch wrestling religiously.

not until one day, i was in my dorm room, bored, and decided to watch raw. this was in 98. I knew nothing about anybody. all i knew was that i hated shawn michaels and brett hart and they were the champions but they were no longer tops. So im watching a match with stone cold and the rock, and they are tag team partners and they are fighting the new age outlaws i think it was. and i saw the rock do the peoples elbow and saw stone cold do the stunner and i was like WHOA!!! and began to watch it religiously again until.....

2003. RAW in Cleveland. I was freakin There! i saw the rock (he played the cleveland sucks song) i saw HHH. I saw stone cold. RVD. shawn michaels. jericho. It was awesome and i was in awe. and after the show, they continued to stay and talk in the ring. stone cold and rocky. it lasted like 30 minutes.

And i couldnt watch it anymore after that night. because i was there and i felt that it will never get better than that for me. i saw that some new guys came and i wasnt impressed. i never watched. never cared to. i was on hiatus. on a hiatus until.....

I met this girl earlier this year. and we were going on our first date and somehow i talked myself into giving her the best first date ever that she wouldnt expect. im wrecking my brain, surfing the net, looking to see whats happening downtown and i saw that Raw was here. It was sold out. AND I GOT FREAKIN LUCKY TO STILL GET 2 TICKETS! i knew nothing about what was going on, who the top guys were, nothing. Just trying to impress a chick. And the WWE did it too me again. I got hooked! We saw punk, sheamus, orton (match of the night) vicki, santino, the funkasaurus, the miz, ziggler, I saw everybody. But i was sooooo impressed with Randy Orton. the way he does that quick ass powerslam. the ddt between the ropes. when he falls to his knees and pounds the ground before hitting the rko.

Since March, I havent missed a raw, smackdown or pay per view. I could have said more, but i had to keep it brief.

Thank you for your time.

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotdayum, we got a biography and ? .
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My first experience was tv, watching AE unfold, probably around 96-97 time is when I was actually watching weekly. Wish I would've been a wrestling junkie earlier.

I vaguely remember the Golden Era.

Never been to a live event, I would really love to go. I want to try to go to SS this year.
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Living in Scandinavia, wrestling was never easy to come by. One of the channel had a weekly show on saturday mornings with some WWF (Superstars) and later WCW. Lucky me, than my cousin had a tape of Wrestlemania 8 (Sid vs Hogan, Savage vs Flair). That was back when i was about 6 years old. I like lucha libre and since my fav. wrestler always was The Great Muta, i always had a thing for Puro. Fell a bit off this year. But plan to make a return shortly
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited July 2012
    Options
    In the 80's having older siblings runnin around the house watching WWF i start just sitting there and watching with them at the time i guess i was like every other child Hulk and Warrior were the 2 ? that got me, hearing "I am a real American" had a lil ? Hulkin up and seen warrior come out at 100mph with those guitar sounds was dope as ? had alil ? tying shoe strings on my arms...the Warrior vs Hulk match was perphaps the biggest ? until then i knew about being i was only afew years old.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFH3pXmrPPM

Come the early 90s and once i Seen Bret come out swaggin in the Glasses with the ill Jackets i was like oh ok once i seen him put Mr Perfect in the Sharpshooter it was a wrap i became hooked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVAd3jVwhZU

I hated Yoko and Owen for some reason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YenZzL-Wi0E

WWF
    Bret "Hitman" Hart
    Hulk & Warrior lowered me in, Bret vs. Perfect got me Hooked.
    Owen and Yoko early 90s, HBK mid 90s
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was 6 and I saw wrestling On t.v when the cable Man was hooking up our cable by accident it was shawn Michaels going in and since then id check for it im 21 now so im knee deep n Da game
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First time watching wrestling was Wrestlemania 10. The first match with Bret vs Owen had me intrigued but that ladder match between Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon made me a fan for life.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    the brand was wwf. the year was 2000, around the summertime. i was 7 going on 8. my sister's soon to be husband put me onto it. the rock was my favorite wrestler. he was that ? at the time. taker, jericho, and austin when he returned became my favorites as well.
    i liked taker because i thought how he came out on the bike was badass. thats why i prefer biker taker over the "deadman" gimmick. i like both though.
    i liked jericho because of his trashtalking. the way he insulted stephanie had me weak sometimes.
    i liked austin because he gave no ? lol simple as that

i hated hhh and mcmahon-helmsly family, although i felt the pedigree was a raw finisher
    i hated angle too. ? was just too dorky for my liking. him beating the rock for the wwf title had that fall a lil ? sick lol but i grew to appreciate his character and his skill as i got older

i cant think of an exact moment where i got hooked. it was more like what took place that entire summer that hooked me
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    24, got hooked at age 10, my cousin had the playstation and back then, the game was wcw nitro, i got into that game and remembered seein it on my mothers tv screen every once in a while b4 that, so i decided to check it out, sting is my first "favorite wrestler" i can remember, back then i was the type of fan cena caters to of course, a few months later someone told me it was fake, after the shock wore off i started to become a ''smark"

lol, this is stupid, but reading the nitro move list as a kid b4 ever seeing an episode, i literally thought DDP's Diamond cutter was him taking out a diamond and cutting ?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Watching Wrestlemania IX
  • da_enforcer
    da_enforcer Members Posts: 257 ✭✭
    Options
    About 88 or 89 I was flipping through the channels for cartoons. I landed on TBS during a Ric Flair promo. Ever since then I was a fan.
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Peezy_Jenkins LMFAO at DDP's finisher

I used to collect the wrestling action figures before I really knew who they were. After watching WWF and putting names to those figurines, it was a wrap. I went to a bunch of events like Survivor Series, Raw & different house shows at the Garden and I thought I'd never stop watching EVER but in 2012 it's so stale.
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know my bros used to watch wwf when i was mad young... but i never really got hooked.

it wasnt until my dad took me to a friends house and i watched my first PPV from start to finish... WM 9 prolly didnt miss another ppv until like wm 15 or 16..

• thefocusman2
    thefocusman2 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Options
    wow, late 80's. Me and my older brother's used to watch WWF superstars on Saturdays and WWF Challenge on Sundays. Don't really watch it a whole lot now but you couldn't tell me nothing about it back then.