People are using the Movie Massacre as an abortion platform....disgusting.

Options
2»

Comments

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    If i ever meet someone who is against abortion but in favor of the death penalty i think i will die laughing.

On a side note, in order for something to be an organism doesn't it require the ability to reproduce? Babies can't reproduce so they are not organisms.

200px-Trollface.svg.png
    Many women can not have children and therefore can not reproduce. Thus they are not organisms according to your logic.

Come on man. Reproduction is not a per-requisite to life but rather one of many signs of life. Also reproduction doesnt necessarily have to mean ability to make another one of u. We all "reproduce" cells by the seconds.

Face it. The Colorado shooter didnt do anything abortionists dont do. Its just that the human beings he killed were "people" and not fetuses. They have stories...girlfriends...cute little baby pictures we can all fawn over...backstories about that time they were in such-and-such place and told that really funny joke and made everybody laugh...that time they helped an old lady cross the street.

What does a fetus have? A ? black & white ultra sound and a Mother that could give a ? about it because the scumbag that got her pregnant "aint ready for no kid." LOL Its all about the visual man.

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Face it. The Colorado shooter didnt do anything abortionists dont do.
    well, i am pretty sure abortionists take the time to get actual medical degrees. UNLIKE THE INCONSIDERATE COLORADO SHOOTER

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    If i ever meet someone who is against abortion but in favor of the death penalty i think i will die laughing.

On a side note, in order for something to be an organism doesn't it require the ability to reproduce? Babies can't reproduce so they are not organisms.

200px-Trollface.svg.png
    Many women can not have children and therefore can not reproduce. Thus they are not organisms according to your logic.

Come on man. Reproduction is not a per-requisite to life but rather one of many signs of life. Also reproduction doesnt necessarily have to mean ability to make another one of u. We all "reproduce" cells by the seconds.

Face it. The Colorado shooter didnt do anything abortionists dont do. Its just that the human beings he killed were "people" and not fetuses. They have stories...girlfriends...cute little baby pictures we can all fawn over...backstories about that time they were in such-and-such place and told that really funny joke and made everybody laugh...that time they helped an old lady cross the street.

What does a fetus have? A ? black & white ultra sound and a Mother that could give a ? about it because the scumbag that got her pregnant "aint ready for no kid." LOL Its all about the visual man.

Ahhh bolded foiled my argument. Well done darx.

When you think about it though, the people that died in the theater were contributing human beings.
    Babies are just drains on everyone around them for the first 16-17 years of their life until they get a part time job and start being responsible.

It could be shown then that those killed in the theater are more valuable than those killed in the ? .
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I will say that the comparison is a bit insensitive to the grief of those who lost someone in the shootings. It makes it seem as if they must have that same pain and sorrow invested into a being they may never know in their lifetime. But it does bring about the morale associated with this. Murder is wrong and for some reason...it is justifiable if one can do so to a life that isn't given a chance to exist in the world. If that is the case, people can open the idea to even the people that do exist; start killing off the "weakest links" for economic reasons or for eugenics. I'm sure we could probably come up with more "excuses".
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Though the picture does have a small point, using a tragedy to push your agenda will always rub people the wrong way. IMO this picture is just as dumb as this one tumblr_m7ut97x8th1rxh66eo1_500.jpg because they're using a tragedy to talk about an issue they want to. They don't care about the actual lives lost
  • ChromaStoned
    ChromaStoned Members Posts: 938 ✭✭✭
    Options
    tell em why you really mad darkskies
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I call fallacy: use of poor analogy.

A human being who has lived for 15-20 years is not equivalent to a fetus. A fetus has no memories, nobody loves it, it has not paid taxes to help run the country. It does not contribute to society at all. ? fetuses.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One is legal, one is murder. I can't say whether it's wrong or right to abort. I would like to know how many people that are pro life are willing to adopt these children?
  • jose324
    jose324 Members Posts: 65
    Options
    Its crazy how antiabortionist are mostly pro-death penalty.