The Official Dark Knight Rises Thread

Options

Comments

• thefocusman2
    thefocusman2 Members Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Options
    The movie was great. I think most people are nuthugging The Joker so much they refuse to like anything else. Once they get past that they can enjoy the movie for what it is, a great ending to a series.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    most ? in here criticizing certain aspect are seeming to forget that the film take place over a 6-7month period of time
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Great movie. Bane was a dope villain and the way he messed up the Batman was crazy. Batman hulked up a little bit into the fight and Bane was taking it to him. I'm not sure how to feel about Talia, she came and went so fast. Glad to see Scarecrow too.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Remember in BB when ras al ghul was like bruce wayne was too known for the world not to notice
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like seeing it again
  • young_belvi
    young_belvi Members Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of ya'll are truly missing the point. Bruce Wayne had already been out of the public spotlight for 8 years following TDK. After everything that happened in TDKR and the many who died just in that film, you think citizens are just sitting back wondering about the dude who has probably already been dead or missing for damn near the last decade?!?!?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of ya'll are truly missing the point. Bruce Wayne had already been out of the public spotlight for 8 years following TDK. After everything that happened in TDKR and the many who died just in that film, you think citizens are just sitting back wondering about the dude who has probably already been dead or missing for damn near the last decade?!?!?

Post of the day...Like Reaper said...lotta ? missin' a lotta forests
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    what's that expression - missing the forest for the trees?

not talking about this board, although a few of the posts in this thread are plain dumb, but the way people are nitpicking this film on places like IMDb is on another level.. ? is disgusting. it's like some people refuse to be entertained. they've made up their mind to dislike something and will go to any length to justify a predetermined bias.

anyway, to me this was a bottom of the 9th against all odds out of the park grand slam walk off home run of a movie. can't wait to own it on blu-ray

True story, but there are some things worth criticizing about the film. It's one of those polarizing movies like Avatar. People either love it or hate it.

Like I said before, Talia was unnecessary. The movie would've been just as dope with Bane as Ras's son. Even with that misstep, Nolan did a great job. The establishment of time passage without lame "Four Months Later..." tags deserves mention. Seasons changed, Bruce's ? hair grew, etc.--all brilliant ways to SHOW rather than TELL exposition.

Furthermore, Bruce and Selina had the Tabula Rasa device. That means they no longer exist in any database in the world. No photos. No information. Nothing.

Anyone that doesn't know them personally wouldn't be any wiser in a cafe in Europe. Just like your grandma couldn't tell you who Paris Hilton was if she was in her face despite being all over the place for the last 10 years, the world at large not knowing Bruce Wayne isn't a big stretch.

The problem is everyone watching the film knows who Bruce is, so they assume the whole world in the film does too, so they keep throwing this ? "How's he gonna sit in a cafe and no one knows who he is" line out.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just watched the 1st Bane-Batman fight again for like the 5th time
    Bane's trillness is on 9000
    "Ohhh, you think Darkness is your alley?"
  • FucktheIC
    FucktheIC Members Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I was kinda hoping for a lazarus pit appearance.
  • Copper
    Options
    knights wrote: »
    reaperbong wrote: »
    what's that expression - missing the forest for the trees?

The problem is everyone watching the film knows who Bruce is, so they assume the whole world in the film does too, so they keep throwing this ? "How's he gonna sit in a cafe and no one knows who he is" line out.

c/s the dude is a rich CEO from america who re-locate to another country

how many rich foreign CEO's would u recognise if they were sitting across from u at a resturant or bar
  • Copper
    Options
    FucktheIC wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, I was kinda hoping for a lazarus pit appearance.

super powers and supernatural ? dont exist in this batman trilogy...bale and nolan did an interview post batman begins and pretty much said that superheroes dont exist in this film so dont look for anycross overs
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, Bruce Wayne is a billionaire philanthropist but in real life what percentage of the worlds billionaire philanthropists would you recognize if you saw them in the streets? Especially ones not from your country?

Exactly.

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

Post of the day...Like Reaper said...lotta ? missin' a lotta forests

Ummm...except that Bruce Wayne threw a big ass party at Wayne Manor with all of Gotham's elite upon his return, so..there goes that theory.

• FucktheIC
    FucktheIC Members Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Yeah, Bruce Wayne is a billionaire philanthropist but in real life what percentage of the worlds billionaire philanthropists would you recognize if you saw them in the streets? Especially ones not from your country?

Exactly.

? you mean ? ? I know what hov look like? He worth a couple billi.

#dumbniggapost
  • focus
    edited July 2012
    Options
    knights wrote: »

Anyone that doesn't know them personally wouldn't be any wiser in a cafe in Europe. Just like your grandma couldn't tell you who Paris Hilton was if she was in her face despite being all over the place for the last 10 years, the world at large not knowing Bruce Wayne isn't a big stretch.

Dawg. Whether I know, you know, ya grandma know...whoever. SOMEBODY would know. And once one muthafucka knew, everybody would know. Faking ya death is a federal offense. You don't do that ? , then go chill at public cafe's... especially if you are one of the worlds most famous and recognizable people. Period. Even if muthafucaks didn't know who Bruce Wayne was before, they definitely knew who he was after all that ? went down in Gotham.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Focus Bruce had not yet returned at the party at Wayne Manor. Only person that saw him was Selina. Talia's event was his first (thus the paparazzi trying to swarm him) & I believe only public appearance along w/ him showing up to the Wayne Enterprises board meeting..
  • focus
    edited July 2012
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    @Focus Bruce had not yet returned at the party at Wayne Manor. Only person that saw him was Selina. Talia's event was his first (thus the paparazzi trying to swarm him) & I believe only public appearance along w/ him showing up to the Wayne Enterprises board meeting..

So, at the end of the day, everybody knew Bruce Wayne was back and it was a big deal. Everyone knew he was not "dead" or "missing".
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    ? all this ? .. did the movie entertain you or not? thats all that matters.

? in here really tripping on dumb ? . i mean why not question how the ? he got on top of that skyscraper with no one seeing him if you are going to nitpick? asking how he got away from the blast is crazy. here i've found the perfect explanation for you... concept art from the final scene straight from batman himself

11l1zt3.jpg
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao that shot of him chillin on top of a skyscraper was crazy
  • Copper
    Options
    batman always appears and dissapears no one question it...like how can he appear behind someone and be hagning upside down....

these are the same ? that complained b/c the expendables "lacked a great story line"
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freehuey89 wrote: »
    focus wrote: »
    Again, I ask...
    focus wrote: »
    I think he is still alive, but how do they explain that? How BRUCE WAYNE goin fake his own death and just be chillin at cafes and ? ? Wouldnt everybody know its him when they saw him?
    well only 4 people knew about faking his death....gordon, blake, catwoman, and alfred.....he's not running bruce enterprises anymore so they dont know.....the people think batman died tho not bruce wayne
    but his gravestone is sitting right next to his parents in front of his mansion which got turned into a boys home. Someone is gonna see that

It doesn't matter. You gotta remember: Batman died saving the city, but Bruce Wayne is just one of prolly tens of thousands of people that died during the whole mess. It wouldn't even be news - just another name on the casualty list. He's like one of those faces on the big makeshift memorial/missing persons walls that popped up after 9/11 or Katrina - MOST of those people's bodies were never found.........but how much you wanna bet that somewhere there's a ? stock broker or a escaped Nawlins convict that was declared dead but is really chillin in South America lol.

How many ppl in Italy are gonna recognize some random dead American billionaire? Sheeeeit if a 41 y/o Tupac with his hair grown out and a beard walked past you in the hood you prolly wouldn't recognize him keep it real lol.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didnt think this whole thing about Bruce's "death" would last thing long.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    ? all this ? .. did the movie entertain you or not? thats all that matters.

? in here really tripping on dumb ? . i mean why not question how the ? he got on top of that skyscraper with no one seeing him if you are going to nitpick? asking how he got away from the blast is crazy. here i've found the perfect explanation for you... concept art from the final scene straight from batman himself

11l1zt3.jpg

this right here
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At the end Morgan Freeman found out the auto pilot on The Bat had been fixed 6 months earlier by Bruce Wayne

So u probably ejected way before the blast went off

OAN....sometimes I couldn't understand a gawd damned thing bane was saying