Current NFL players that could be GOAT at their position?

Options

Comments

• KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    Sorry @KOA but ever since Matt Castle took the Pats to a 11-5 season i can't but Brady up there... And you see how Castle plays now when he's not in the system. Plus Brady hasn't won a ring since spy gate...lol

Spygate was largely overblown by the media. Anyone who took 5 minutes to read what Spygate actually was, would know it didn't make any difference in winning or losing.

It is LEGAL for everyone to videotape other teams signals. Pats got caught on a technicality that really wouldn't make a difference.

Thank you for proving how much of an uneducated ? you are, again.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options
    @coop
    You mention Payton/ Sanders but no Emmitt?

But to answer the topic I only see Peyton and Ed Reed...

You are an idiot, because there is NO WAY Peyton will ever be remembered as the GOAT when he only has 1 ring.

He's closer to Dan Marino status. Great regular season QB... great stats.... but not a Winner.

So is terry bradshaw on GOAT status because he won 4 rings with the steelers????.......if not then your silly ass logic is all wrong

Rings are not everything. But they matter more to QBs than any other position since QBs are the ones who run the offence.

Rings are not everything, but when Montana has 4, Brady has 3, etc..... it would be very hard for any KNOWLEDGABLE person to think Peyton is the GOAT.

Peyton's playoff record is PATHETIC compared to his regular season record.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options
    Peytons stats outside of Dome stadiums are very mediocre btw.... he is a Dome-only QB like kurt warner.

• mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C/S @greenwood1921.....forgot about Williams too....dude was shuttin ? down on the suck ass Cardinals of all teams...lol
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @KOA
    Why don't you educate me bruh...
    Post some links to what you just said...
    Plus you haven't said ? about Castle going 11-5 with Pats and 5-11 with Beezy team.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    No surprise that the potential GOATs at safety and LB come from the U
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    moyo wrote: »
    As I said earlier, Ronnie Lott went to the pro bowl @ all 4 positions n the secondary. He has more picks than Ed Reed, was a bigger enforcer than Ed Reed & of course four rings. Lookin @ his OVERALL body of work how n the hell can he not be the goat??? Reed is the best safety in the game today, but in my eyes Lott will always be the greatest.

E. Smith the goat?
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited July 2012
    Options
    @KOA
    Why don't you educate me bruh...
    Post some links to what you just said...
    Plus you haven't said ? about Castle going 11-5 with Pats and 5-11 with Beezy team.

Actually, Matt Cassel led the less talented Kansas City Chiefs to a 10-6 record. He's even taken them to the playoffs as the AFC West Division Champs.

Get your facts straight... you're wrong on almost every comment you make. All it does is make yourself look like an idiot who doesn't even watch football.

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Is there really a Matt Cassell argument poppin' off in here? I'm just gon' chalk that up to offseason withdrawal.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    Can someone please name me some "GOATS" that aint won a ring?...off the top of my head Dan Marino and Tony Gwynn(or Ripken but i think he won early in his career right?)come to mind but even thier accomplishments are surpassed by a player that actually WON...i mean seriously someone just said Tom Brady is on the cusp of bein the GOAT if HE WINS ANOTHER RING but i have yet to see anyone throwin Marino's name in here and his stats surpass Brady by a long shot(and i guess some guy named John Elway was just lucky to have a beast RB at the right time right?)....im not sayin that rings are the only standard to make the argument but how you are considered THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME and haven't won the grandest prize....what are we basin thier greatness off of aside from getting the ring?....stats?...records?...someone said GOATS "transcend" thier respective league...and to say Lott didnt chamge the way the position was played and influenced ? like Atwater, Reed, Troy P, Sean Taylor(R.I.P.), etc is just crazy.....Reed is great no doubt one of my favorite players and will go down as one of the best to do it but other than his penchant for finding the endzone when the ball is in his hand what has he done that Lott didnt do beforehand?

@Vageneral quick question if Revis career ended tomorrow u really think thier building a bust in Canton for him....Woodson was consistently one of the top 3 DB's for a good 10+ yrs in his career wit PT and ________(Darrel Green?...Champ Bailey?....insert whoever fits) lets see how(or if) Revis pans out first before we crown him...lets see him do what he does in another system(cuz i highly doubt he ends his career with the Jets before its all said and done) on another team,etc.

You're comparing a 5 year career to a 14 year career.....but revis first 5 years>>>woodson's first 5 years........yeah woodson can play multiple positions on the defensive side but that doesnt mean much to me unless you dominate at each position which woodson doesnt but he's good tho.....revis will shut you down period no if, ands, or buts he is a shutdown corner we had this big discuss when ? wanted to say Nnamdi is the best lol we saw how that went last season.....woodson plays off alot and takes quite a few chances when he shouldnt but overall revis is doing a very great job at his position he can make it to the HOF
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can someone please name me some "GOATS" that aint won a ring?...off the top of my head Dan Marino and Tony Gwynn(or Ripken but i think he won early in his career right?)come to mind but even thier accomplishments are surpassed by a player that actually WON...i mean seriously someone just said Tom Brady is on the cusp of bein the GOAT if HE WINS ANOTHER RING but i have yet to see anyone throwin Marino's name in here and his stats surpass Brady by a long shot(and i guess some guy named John Elway was just lucky to have a beast RB at the right time right?)....im not sayin that rings are the only standard to make the argument but how you are considered THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME and haven't won the grandest prize....what are we basin thier greatness off of aside from getting the ring?....stats?...records?...someone said GOATS "transcend" thier respective league...and to say Lott didnt chamge the way the position was played and influenced ? like Atwater, Reed, Troy P, Sean Taylor(R.I.P.), etc is just crazy.....Reed is great no doubt one of my favorite players and will go down as one of the best to do it but other than his penchant for finding the endzone when the ball is in his hand what has he done that Lott didnt do beforehand?

@Vageneral quick question if Revis career ended tomorrow u really think thier building a bust in Canton for him....Woodson was consistently one of the top 3 DB's for a good 10+ yrs in his career wit PT and ________(Darrel Green?...Champ Bailey?....insert whoever fits) lets see how(or if) Revis pans out first before we crown him...lets see him do what he does in another system(cuz i highly doubt he ends his career with the Jets before its all said and done) on another team,etc.

You're comparing a 5 year career to a 14 year career.....but revis first 5 years>>>woodson's first 5 years........yeah woodson can play multiple positions on the defensive side but that doesnt mean much to me unless you dominate at each position which woodson doesnt but he's good tho.....revis will shut you down period no if, ands, or buts he is a shutdown corner we had this big discuss when ? wanted to say Nnamdi is the best lol we saw how that went last season.....woodson plays off alot and takes quite a few chances when he shouldnt but overall revis is doing a very great job at his position he can make it to the HOF

how did it go ? Numbers say Nnamdi was still a better corner last year! When he got beat, it was just more publicized cause he was with the Eagles
  • vageneral08
    Options
    @coop
    You mention Payton/ Sanders but no Emmitt?

But to answer the topic I only see Peyton and Ed Reed...

You are an idiot, because there is NO WAY Peyton will ever be remembered as the GOAT when he only has 1 ring.

He's closer to Dan Marino status. Great regular season QB... great stats.... but not a Winner.

So is terry bradshaw on GOAT status because he won 4 rings with the steelers????.......if not then your silly ass logic is all wrong

Rings are not everything. But they matter more to QBs than any other position since QBs are the ones who run the offence.

Rings are not everything, but when Montana has 4, Brady has 3, etc..... it would be very hard for any KNOWLEDGABLE person to think Peyton is the GOAT.

Peyton's playoff record is PATHETIC compared to his regular season record.

Once you said that everything else is invalid......thank you for proving my point.....isnt marino on GOAT status with no rings?
  • vageneral08
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

how did it go ? Numbers say Nnamdi was still a better corner last year! When he got beat, it was just more publicized cause he was with the Eagles

wrong again....Nnamdi only had 3 ints for 10 yards for the whole season....revis had 4 ints for 184 yards with one being a pick 6.....now what numbers are you talking about?
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maurice Jones Drew..
  • R.D.
    Options

wrong again....Nnamdi only had 3 ints for 10 yards for the whole season....revis had 4 ints for 184 yards with one being a pick 6.....now what numbers are you talking about?

interceptions are what you use to determine the better corner? no more needs to be said !
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy Polamalu- strong safety
  • mike06
    Options
    I also said lets see how Revis' career pans out....why people are already callin him the GOAT or one of the GOATS @ his position or even on his why to GOAT status after 5 yrs is whats baffling me right now lets see if he can he at least make it a 10 yr career of CONSISTENTLY SHUTTING ? DOWN before he can even enter the discussion....

This reminds me of when ? said D. Hall was the best corner after 3-4 yrs in the league and we all see how that movie is playing out...
  • vageneral08
    edited July 2012
    Options

interceptions are what you use to determine the better corner? no more needs to be said !

lol you still not getting anywhere....revis had more tackles last season, neither one had a sack.......revis had a better season period no matter how you try to put it together
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I also said lets see how Revis' career pans out....why people are already callin him the GOAT or one of the GOATS @ his position or even on his why to GOAT status after 5 yrs is whats baffling me right now lets see if he can he at least make it a 10 yr career of CONSISTENTLY SHUTTING ? DOWN before he can even enter the discussion....

This reminds me of when ? said D. Hall was the best corner after 3-4 yrs in the league and we all see how that movie is playing out...

Falcons fans?

• mike06
    Options
    Them and CS posters apparently....lmao

Bailey gassed him up @ the Pro Bowl one year and it went downhill from there
  • ocelot
    Options
    @KOA
    Oh you're talking about that fluke of a season where Thomas Jones and that D carried that team and the AFC West was at a all time low? I'm from San Diego so I saw the games even when I didn't want to. Post facts about what you said about spy gate or don't quote ....
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited July 2012
    Options
    @KOA
    Oh you're talking about that fluke of a season where Thomas Jones and that D carried that team and the AFC West was at a all time low? I'm from San Diego so I saw the games even when I didn't want to. Post facts about what you said about spy gate or don't quote ....

LOL@the female logic this guy has.

10-6 was a "Fluke season"???... so who's to say when he went 11-5 it wasn't a "fluke season" as well?

? you think like a woman. NO LOGIC!!
  • ocelot
    Options
    @KOA

LOL@the female logic this guy has.

10-6 was a "Fluke season"???... so who's to say when he went 11-5 it wasn't a "fluke season" as well?

? you think like a woman. NO LOGIC!!

lol@ talking about female logics but cant post facts... dont quote me
  • R.D.
    Options

lol you still not getting anywhere....revis had more tackles last season, neither one had a sack.......revis had a better season period no matter how you try to put it together

Nnamdi had less attempts his way and gave up less completions

Take your L and walk away!
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reggie Wayne isn't gonna go down as GOAT WR of all time. But he could be up there. Probably end up ahead of Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and Calvin Johnson.

And TE...Tony Gonzalez. Ya'll forgot?