Why Did I Get Married Too (2010)

Options

Comments

• bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I threw up a little at the bolded. Ewww, he is not whats up IMO. He should've got Boris, or Shamar again- if he was going for the lightskin look.

But Tasha was over the top, very much so. To the point where it wasnt as funny. And Jill's whole story line about getting her (sexy) husband the job was straight out of Soul Food cuz Bird did the same thing for Lem.
    Thats the same thing I thought.
  • shizza
    shizza Members Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Tyler Perry straight playing his fans.. My ? makes the same movie with the same storyline everytime... lmao dude just uses a different cast
  • ire
    ire Members Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married Too? $30,150,000 opening weekend!

This movie has already made it money back plus $10 million. This is why Tyler can do whatever he wants in Hollywood right now.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    Man ? that movie and ? all of Tyler Perry films

lol, Tyler could give a ? about your opinion though. He gettin paid
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There was this loud ass dude in the theater I was in shouting out

"THIS THE BEST TYLER PERRY MOVIE I EVER SEEN!!!"

I just shook my head. I enjoyed it myself but to someone like him he got exactly Tyler Perry wanted him to see to yell that out.
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It was a good movie, I enjoyed it though but the thing is that if they make a third, what will be the plot? They can't be argueing and making the same ol jokes all over. By that time, their relationships shouldn't have problems.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    lol, Tyler could give a ? about your opinion though. He gettin paid

Money aint everything...He'll be a distant memory when its all said and done.
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah, this was the good movie and I hear they may a 3rd sequel (seeing The Rock in a Tyler Perry movie would be interesting), but until then, I guess we can expect another string of one-sided, battered strong black women movies from Tyler Perry.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ayo this movie was crazy!!
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I seen this last week with my woman and I enjoyed this movie pretty much. The plot "twists" made me shake my head a little bit..(like how did Malik Yoba's character actually have that happen).. The ending in the hospital was way too rushed and mad ? , but I marked out like the wrestling fan I am, and always will be when I saw The Rock.. Me and my girl were like, yo that's Rock, yo that's Rock(its a recurring joke we have in every movie we see that when a dude walks up and they dont show his face that it's Rock or Martin Lawrence lol, dont ask lol). and when it was, i cheered like I was in 1st Mariner Arena, watching WWE lol..

It wasnt no shuck and jive ? like ? be saying, I've seen a lot of movies that were shuck and jive type ? or playing into the stereotype, and this wasn't one. It was a lot of drama and the ? was crazy, but it wasnt no shuck and jive ?
  • traestar
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TrueGodHS wrote: »
    I seen this last week with my woman and I enjoyed this movie pretty much. The plot "twists" made me shake my head a little bit..(like how did Malik Yoba's character actually have that happen).. The ending in the hospital was way too rushed and mad ? , but I marked out like the wrestling fan I am, and always will be when I saw The Rock.. Me and my girl were like, yo that's Rock, yo that's Rock(its a recurring joke we have in every movie we see that when a dude walks up and they dont show his face that it's Rock or Martin Lawrence lol, dont ask lol). and when it was, i cheered like I was in 1st Mariner Arena, watching WWE lol..

It wasnt no shuck and jive ? like ? be saying, I've seen a lot of movies that were shuck and jive type ? or playing into the stereotype, and this wasn't one. It was a lot of drama and the ? was crazy, but it wasnt no shuck and jive ?

Thanks for saying this, there was no shucking and jiving at all

I bet some of the dudes that were talking about that movie haven't even seen it yet

but smh @ Gavin (Malik Yoba's character).... Perfect Patty was ? up for that one (the hospital scene was very well rushed)
    That ? she was on was worse than ?

First off, the ending was ? up too, Patty doesn't deserve that ? , even if it is "him" (when I seen that part, I walked away for a minute)

Second, Marcus and Angela were classic!! (You are so EVVVVIIIILLL)

Third, Mike's story was ? up but bluntly deserved, but I still feel bad for him on that tho

Fourth, I respect Terry and how he catches his wife do some sneaky ? !! He already threatened to leave her twice,
    she gon' keep up!

And I was 50/50 with Troy in some issues, but he acts alittle self centered

The movie was the truth, Janet Jackson for best supporting actress, SHE WENT IN!!!
  • tarheelman
    tarheelman Members Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I was NOT digging how all the broads were coming out of the theater on some "Tyler Perry did it again!!!!" As me and my wife walked back to the car, I made it a point to walk past them and loudly say to my wife "That sucked... She gets the ? killed and then she lives happily ever after?!?!?" SMH at a ? getting bodied cause he trying to avoid confrontation. And TP's character went out like a sucka. His wife wasn't even trying to hide the fact that she was doiing dirt.
  • traestar
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tarheelman wrote: »
    I was NOT digging how all the broads were coming out of the theater on some "Tyler Perry did it again!!!!" As me and my wife walked back to the car, I made it a point to walk past them and loudly say to my wife "That sucked... She gets the ? killed and then she lives happily ever after?!?!?" SMH at a ? getting bodied cause he trying to avoid confrontation. And TP's character went out like a sucka. His wife wasn't even trying to hide the fact that she was doiing dirt.

I thought when he found out, he left her until Patty told everyone to hook back up for Gavin!
    Idda know what to say about that, he sorta went out like a sucka.

But Hell ? yea that ? was ? !! Patricia was on some EGO ? throughout the movie and then gets the happy ending...
    she threw Gavin under the bus for that many years including the baby accident and you mean to tell me she still won?? WOW!

Ya damn skippy Gavin had to take that ass to court, then she was on some "You didn't write a page" ? , Perfect Patty ? up!!
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm sorry but how the hell did he die from that car crash... It seemed like that truck hit his car going like 10 miles per hour... lmao
  • tarheelman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    I thought when he found out, he left her until Patty told everyone to hook back up for Gavin!
    Idda know what to say about that, he sorta went out like a sucka.

But Hell ? yea that ? was ? !! Patricia was on some EGO ? throughout the movie and then gets the happy ending...
    she threw Gavin under the bus for that many years including the baby accident and you mean to tell me she still won?? WOW!

Ya damn skippy Gavin had to take that ass to court, then she was on some "You didn't write a page" ? , Perfect Patty ? up!!

All them broads was on different levels of wackness. Even Jill Scott's character was foul for being all up in dude's crib behind her husband's back. If I was him, I mighta snuffed him AND her. Interestingly, no mention of where their lil seed was while she was out taking this ? to his chemo treatment. That woulda been one of the first things out my mouth.

Real talk, in the real world we all live in, all them broads would have gotten the deuces. One broad trying to shine and dine with some ? she working with, one broad making deals with her ex-man behind her husband's back against his express wishes... Another broad can't let her man breathe just cause she crazy, and of course the other one has to top them all and get her ? bodied after subjecting him to a loveless marriage. SMH at her wilding out at dude's job, then crying tears afterwards in the hospital room. If I was Gavin's homeboys I'd have gave that broad the works.
  • traestar
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tarheelman wrote: »
    All them broads was on different levels of wackness. Even Jill Scott's character was foul for being all up in dude's crib behind her husband's back. If I was him, I mighta snuffed him AND her. Interestingly, no mention of where their lil seed was while she was out taking this ? to his chemo treatment. That woulda been one of the first things out my mouth.

Real talk, in the real world we all live in, all them broads would have gotten the deuces. One broad trying to shine and dine with some ? she working with, one broad making deals with her ex-man behind her husband's back against his express wishes... Another broad can't let her man breathe just cause she crazy, and of course the other one has to top them all and get her ? bodied after subjecting him to a loveless marriage. SMH at her wilding out at dude's job, then crying tears afterwards in the hospital room. If I was Gavin's homeboys I'd have gave that broad the works.

I believe Sheila's mom was taking care of the kid, thats why they stayed in ATL
    But Hell Yea, she was all wrong staying at Mike's house without letting Troy know, no matter how he would've reacted, plus be on some Soul Food type ? and get Mike to help Troy with
    a job?? They sorta patched up and all but that was behind the back Shelia!

And word up on Patty, that was some ? up ? !
    Ya damn right, I wouldn't of even got married with these broads acting like that!
  • tarheelman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    I believe Sheila's mom was taking care of the kid, thats why they stayed in ATL
    But Hell Yea, she was all wrong staying at Mike's house without letting Troy know, no matter how he would've reacted, plus be on some Soul Food type ? and get Mike to help Troy with
    a job?? They sorta patched up and all but that was behind the back Shelia!

And word up on Patty, that was some ? up ? !
    Ya damn right, I wouldn't of even got married with these broads acting like that!

Nah, remember she had the seed in the crib when Troy came home from looking for work... He went off on her and the kid started crying.

For me the star of the movie was Janet's ? ... I noticed them joints from jump. I even had to ask my wife in the beginning if she saw 'em.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Why do women love this so much. All it was from what I saw was women cheating on their men and making stupid decisions. Then the only dude who had some sense and all the while put up with all the ? his wife put him through gets killed because of his wife. And a year later she meets another dude and moves on.

And this is why Tyler is a multi millionare? Props Mr. perry. i salute you.

I now truly respect your hustle.
  • white people like me
    white people like me Members Posts: 171
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm glad you wrote what the movies about so I dont ever have to watch these
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That ? Perry anit getting a cent of my money, all his movies be on some ? . SMH @ ? supporting that garbage because he's black.
  • ccluvsau
    ccluvsau Members Posts: 1,852 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    Why do women love this so much?.

To see Malik Yoba, Michael Jai White, and Lamman Rucker with their shirts off.

Duh.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    he makes chick flicks, so i don't see how dudes even complain. the movies ain't targeted for our demographic. it's like a ? trying to watch something good on the lifetime channel.
  • ryder225
    ryder225 Banned Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That ? stupid as hell. The Rock should've Starred in this movie
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ryder225 wrote: »
    That ? stupid as hell. The Rock should've Starred in this movie

Why did I laugh when I read this?
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It was kinda gangsta how dude got his wife on that divorce though. Homegirl had a hidden account with 800 grand in it. He got half of that. And the crazy wife was like "But thats my money?" lol.