Characters you have taking at least 3 out of 10 against Thanos in a fight

Options

Comments

• Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Galactus was fed for the Odin fight. In fact, his stamina was surprisingly impressive during that story arc. And no, there is no arguing who was more powerful in that fight as Odin outright stated that he lacked the strength to continue battling Galactus whom was only shaken up by Odin's headbutt.

As was already mentioned Odin wasn't close to going all out against Thanos, and the blast Galactus used to put down Thanos drained him quite a bit (though it's worth mentioning that Starlin's Galactus is far from the most powerful portrayal of the character).
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doctopian wrote: »
    Galactus was fed for the Odin fight. In fact, his stamina was surprisingly impressive during that story arc. And no, there is no arguing who was more powerful in that fight as Odin outright stated that he lacked the strength to continue battling Galactus whom was only shaken up by Odin's headbutt.

As was already mentioned Odin wasn't close to going all out against Thanos, and the blast Galactus used to put down Thanos drained him quite a bit (though it's worth mentioning that Starlin's Galactus is far from the most powerful portrayal of the character).

I'd just like to clarify that "fed" for Galactus usually only means he's at average power. He's only actually been at full power a few times in his history, and in almost every case he was specified to be at that level.

That said, us arguing about the Galactus/Odin fight is pretty silly when you think about it. I think we can all agree that given the combatants it was a pretty dumb battle. Both of them are galaxy busters, so the fight culminating in a big headbutt was the definition of anticlimactic.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apocalypse cant ? with Thanos on any level
    damn? really?

i don't read comics but i always thought apocalypse was that ? ...

i find it surprising that both him an hulk are completely written off as incapable to ? with thanos...
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hulk can ? with Thanos. He won't beat him though. Apocalypse can't bear Hulk though
  • Dupac
    Options
    Hulk can ? with Thanos. He won't beat him though. Apocalypse can't bear Hulk though

wow...

i did not know that...
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Hulk would win 7 out of 10
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haul Judos wrote: »
    Apocalypse cant ? with Thanos on any level
    damn? really?

i don't read comics but i always thought apocalypse was that ? ...
    Apoc is the first mutant and still pretty badass though..he's a child right now.
    i find it surprising that both him an hulk are completely written off as incapable to ? with thanos...

Thanos operates on another level, however I wouldn't put it past Apocalypse to devise a plan using some of his Celestial technology to defeat Thanos in some manner..it just not going to happen often though
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options

No. Hulk be getting like 1 hit ko'd by Thanos like it's nothing. Hell using logic, Silver Surfer ? smacks Hulk physically with ease and Thanos killed that ? with his bare hands in like 3 punches. It's not close at all.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »

No. Hulk be getting like 1 hit ko'd by Thanos like it's nothing. Hell using logic, Silver Surfer ? smacks Hulk physically with ease and Thanos killed that ? with his bare hands in like 3 punches. It's not close at all.

Let Hulk think that Thanos murdered his family or some ? and let's see what happen then.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanos never fought the world break version of hulk
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Everyone remembers infinity gauntlet. ? won't happen like that in a real scrap.

And ? silver surfer's inconsistent ass.

? Thor mollywhopped surfer before and hulk stays beating the figgidy ? out of Thor (not every time) so saying ? like that doesn't matter.

Hulk turned up. Will ? Yhanos's world up! He may not win. But you can sleep on that 3 hit fuckery.

? love Thanos too much!

• MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah. Thanos is a mutant Eternal.that alone puts him above ANYONE from earth. including Hulk. Hell, Apocalypse sonned the Hulk and turned him into one of his Horseman and Apocalypse aint ? with Thanos on any level
  • Dupac
    Options
    this thanos beating hulk and apacolypse ? is blowing my mind right now....

like what's the point of thanos being a villian in an avengers 2 movie if hulk can't even lay hands on the ? ....???
  • jaxn
    Options
    I'm sure Thanos will be toned down for the Avengers film.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Thanos is too overhyped...he can't beat the whole avengers in his regular form...hulk would get punches, Thanos would win...but Thanos attacks can't dominate him...he is not physically stronger than turned up hulk. And none of his attacks can ? hulk. Its a good fight for a bit. Then Thanos out thinks him. Didn't Thor give him a run once? Apocalypse is a dumb character. Too much power but he sucks. He is weak.
  • jaxn
    Options
    well Thanos can beat the Avengers without powerups, which i assume you mean by his regular form...hell he was laughing while manhandling Thing and the Hulk and this was before he received his power up by Death. Thanos is more powerful than the Surfer and the Surfer owns the Hulk..The only time Thor had any effect on Thanos was during Blood and Thunder, which was a jobfest in Thor's favor and it was speculated that Thor was in warrior's madness at the time but iirc, that has been retconned over the years....He's also one of the strongest and more durable characters you'll come across in comics..Thanos' position in comics is based on his history of wrecking shop on folks..he's not ? with guys like Odin and Galactus but he'll mop the floor with elite top tiers like Thor and Superman
  • jaxn
    Options
    it may have been Thing and Thor who he manhandled, i need to check the book
  • MorganFreemanKing
    Options
    1965947-thanos_vs_hulkdrax.jpg
    and that's without power ups

not sure i agree with surfer owning hulk though i'd say 6/10 maybe
  • jaxn
    Options
    Surfer has a history of beating the Hulk since their first encounter..hell, he offered to cure him before..when the Hulk and Banner were seperated, Surfer began to drain the Hulk and it was killing him..the Hulk has stomped on the Surfer's head to no affect..their last meeting on Planet Skaar was nice too..while being controlled by a power disc, the Surfer was able to beat up on the Hulk and his crew simultaneously, without using the power cosmic..just straight hth...once the disc was removed, the Hulk got the upper hand as the Surfer was thanking him...yeah he pretty much has the Hulk's number.
  • jaxn
    Options
    in fact, i can't think of a time when the Hulk was close to beating the Surfer except for their encounter on Skaar..
  • MorganFreemanKing
    Options
    well damn i should read up on Norrin radd then but he always seems to get nerfed
  • MorganFreemanKing
    edited August 2012
    Options
    In order to understand Thanos' strength level, let's take a look at his background.

First off: He is an Eternal.
    http://www.marvel.com/universe/Eternals
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternals_(comics)

An average Eternal start off lifting 15 tons. Immune to poison, disease, and aging, almost impossible to ? . Extreme control over their bodies, capable of harnessing cosmic energy and infusing it through their bodies, healing internal wounds, etc..

All eternals can:

Project damaging blasts and/or blinding flashes of energy from their eyes and hands.
    Fly (average top speed 600 mph) and levitate others.
    Read minds.
    Generate illusions.
    Teleport vast distances, though doing so leaves most Eternals momentarily fatigued or dazed.
    Transmute objects, altering both their shape and composition. This ability is very taxing to most Eternals.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    Options
    Now that we know the baseline Eternal (average citizen), let's take a look at how Thanos was, before his first death:
    * He is a Mutant Eternal. Picture how tough Colossus is compared to a regular human, this is how Thanos is to a regular Eternal in terms of strength and durability.
    * He took his already incredible strength and durability, and enhanced it even further using technology.

Before he died and was reborn, he easily took out both Thor and the Thing at the same time, and this is classic Thor, the one that drove off Galactus with his godblast. The only way he was temporarily defeated was that he was turned to stone.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hulk would win 7 out of 10

Apoc Has Already Whupped His Green Ass...Even Made Him His Horsemen...Do You Even Read Comics Cause Your Spreading Alot Of Misinformation?
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options