X men first class sequel may be days of future past storyline

Options
r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
It's been rumored (I'm sure our man Silk has reported it himself) that the upcoming X-Men: First Class sequel (set for summer '14) would feature a time travel plot. Some even speculated further that it would take inspiration (i.e. mine freely) from the famed X-Men comics storyline "Days of Future Past," which more or less was about a time traveling mutant (Kitty Pryde to be exact originally) coming back to prevent a public assassination by the Brotherhood of Mutants that would trigger a mutant holocaust.

So if adapted for Matthew Vaughn's own 1960s series, I guess this would be a cool excuse for people from the previous "modern" series to pop up if they want to I guess. C'mon, who wouldn't dig a Fassbender/McKellen face-off?

http://latino-review.com/2012/07/27/x-men-days-future-past/

I wonder if this will be an excuse to bring the other modren x men back.

Comments

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Man X-Men first class was the best XMen movie out... im skeptical of the plot but I have faith theyll bring out another classic...
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope they don't mess it up, X-Men first class was pretty dope
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    I could see it happening. I thought I heard something about them including JFK's assassination or something like that. Could tie in.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When are they gonna stop bsing and bring in the gawd Apocalypse. To bad Michael Clark Duncan is sick, dude would ? that part
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JJ 1975 wrote: »
    I could see it happening. I thought I heard something about them including JFK's assassination or something like that. Could tie in.

He would be excellent to voice the character. If he doesn't work out, they could get the All State dude or the kat that voiced Darkseid in the Superman Apocalypse cartoon movie.

I'm waiting on how they will portray him as CGI or a person in costume, if they ever decide to bring him into movie form.

• BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why didnt they just restart the whole series when first class came out?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    time travel? don't do it
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ? wit it..take the franchise in a different direction..but they need to ease into it. many may not be familiar wit that storyline..
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    r.prince18 wrote:
    C'mon, who wouldn't dig a Fassbender/McKellen face-off?

man HELL YES, I don't wanna see them try to do another straight prequel that's supposed to setup the modern X-men or whatever. ? that continuity ? , Let Fassbender and McKellen interact and bring back Hugh Jackman while you at it bruh. Days of Future Past? Me Gusta. Switch it up.

That JFK assassination idea sounded corny when Gene Roddenberry wanted to do it with Star Trek (the studio rolled their eyes at this fool and made Wrath of Khan instead THANK ? ) and it sounds corny with X-Men.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ehh 1st cloass was good so ill check it out
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    When are they gonna stop bsing and bring in the gawd Apocalypse. To bad Michael Clark Duncan is sick, dude would ? that part

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am I the only one who felt Kevin Bacon played a trill azzz villian?
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Age of Apocalypse,Onslaught storylines are some of the best written comics of all time. I want to see THOSE in movies, tired of these brotherhood of mutants type ? .
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kevin Bacon was that dude... I didn't even know he was going to be in the movie...lol
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    He doesn't give away a whole ton but here's a little something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIRRt6mSMik

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just wish Fox would stop using these classic X-Men storylines until (if?) Marvel gets the rights back. They already ? up The Phoenix Saga, now they think they can do Days of Future Past justice? Whats next...Age of Apocalypse?

First Class was good, but be honest...it was only good in comparison to the other horribly ? X-Men movies. Marvel/Disney would do a much better job.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    I just wish Fox would stop using these classic X-Men storylines until (if?) Marvel gets the rights back. They already ? up The Phoenix Saga, now they think they can do Days of Future Past justice? Whats next...Age of Apocalypse?

First Class was good, but be honest...it was only good in comparison to the other horribly ? X-Men movies. Marvel/Disney would do a much better job.

i've always felt this way ..
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They Better Recruit Wolvie With In The First 15 Mins Of The Film...Logan Was Practically The Central Character In That Classic Story Arc...Don't Think They Can Pull It Off With Any Other Character