Missy Elliott Says She Had "No Clue" About Aaliyah Album

Options

Comments

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I was upset when Eminem was on a Biggie record but Puff was behind it and he knew Big. The fact that Drake did not reach out to Tim, Missy or even Aaliyah's brother or inital family is disturbing. Also he's using the fact the Uncle who owns the masters gave approval as him getting the blessing from the family. The whole thing is shady. Don't believe reports, Missy nor Timbaland have been confirmed that's just spin Aaliyah's uncle trying to put out there to clean up the mess that they moved forward with an Aaliyah album with Drake and 40 instead of Timbaland and Missy and they are backtracking cause there is a backlash from the fans.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited August 2012
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I'm disturbed by all this.

Jews do whatever they like, what a sucker punch to her legacy. Its almost as asinine as Eminem exec producing a 2pac record.

Even tho Drake is technically half black, I feel you on this one .. FOR THE MOST PART

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2jjQinUSzw

The interview he did with Booker t says Aaliyah's family
    Call me a conspiracist... but what's with the weird illuminati symbolism with the Aaliyah A looking like a ? or someone bending over to take it (won't even get into the owl)?

Anyways at 28:30 this was Timb's take which i agree with..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL736u6PKQg&feature=related
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope Aaliyah's ghost haunts this yellow Jew ?
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I'm disturbed by all this.

Jews do whatever they like, what a sucker punch to her legacy. Its almost as asinine as Eminem exec producing a 2pac record.

And we remember how that turned out....This will be a good look for Drake to end his career and we can finally get some these care bear ass rappers out of HIP HOP..
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol@that video...
    Aaliyah was light skinned? she was the first one to do movies? these industry ? are dumb as ? ... ? all of them...
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    this ? drake would ? her corpse if he could! this ? is obsessed
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    lol@that video...
    Aaliyah was light skinned? she was the first one to do movies? these industry ? are dumb as ? ... ? all of them...

Yeah I don't know what the ? Timbaland is talking about with that ? lol.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aaliyah wasn't light skinned?...Hell y'all talmbout, that ? was red...
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    drake-aaliyah-tattoo.jpeg

030812_drake2a.jpg

rapper-drake-and-aaliyah__1401982026.jpg

Aaliyah-Drake-2.jpg

Obsessed. So Rhianna don't want you so now you wanna hop on Aaliyah. Let Baby Girl rest, she ain't know you. SMH @ him putting his LOGO "OVO" on Aaliyah like that. She ain't apart of your crew, this is so wack.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is weird as ? ...
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    i think a fan did that paintin of her and gave it to him
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i encourage him sampling (songs like Unforgettable, Look What You've Done) are actually good. But this Canadian ? is obsessed with some woman who didn't know him
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She knew... because the rumors were out there for a while and Timbo address the ? on the Breakfast Club
  • TrueGodHS
    TrueGodHS Members Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake can't even put out a classic rap or R & B album, so him executive producing a dead "R & B legend"'s that he's never met or worked with is.... just ? .

I mean I remember the anger I had when Eminem ? produced a 2Pac album... so Aaliyah fans should be mad like a mafucka for real.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And this ? wonders why people diss him, I need to know how Big Ghostface feels about this
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    drake-aaliyah-tattoo.jpeg

030812_drake2a.jpg

rapper-drake-and-aaliyah__1401982026.jpg

Aaliyah-Drake-2.jpg

Obsessed. So Rhianna don't want you so now you wanna hop on Aaliyah. Let Baby Girl rest, she ain't know you. SMH @ him putting his LOGO "OVO" on Aaliyah like that. She ain't apart of your crew, this is so wack.

The tat on his back is weird as ? ...that's just not normal...but the pick of the 416/116...is that just a pick before the rest of the "4" was filled in? Someone could've just caught the tat before it was finished...if not though and this ? got 2 tat's over her he might need therapy....
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    his obsession with her is a little weird (tattoos and ? ), but dude is obviously a huge fan of her music...why would he turn down someone reaching out to him about doing this project, and what's wrong with him wanting to contribute to her legacy?..y'all acting like he a nobody trying to make a name for himself off this project..
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Song is pretty good...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2012
    Options
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Timberland is old news and now 40 is that it ? . Drake and Aaliyah collab is going to change the face of music.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whose behind the project? and why doesn't her fam own her whole estate
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Who keeps givng Drake the OK to mess with Da Basement's ? . First he sampled a recording of Static and Smokey singing on a Youtube video without any acknowledgement to Playa. Now he's co-executive producing an Aaliyah album that neither Tim nor Missy knew about?

you just going to skip over the bs he did with back that azz up? Still today months after that weakalbum came out ? still wanna know wtf did aubrey turn a ? shaking classic into a soft ass ballad wtf what kind of pink berry for a soul ass ? would do something like that im still angry about the ?

• [Deleted User]
    Options