Parents and dating

Options
Seansosa
Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in The Powder Room
Any of you ladies ever dated someone that your parent/s could not stand?

if so how did you handle it? and why did they hate that person?

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lady Zee wrote: »
    My parents are usually cool with whoever I chose to go out with.
    My fathers first reaction is usually to suggest he and my boyfriend go out drinking. lol.
    Although they found out I was seeing a man a lot older than me a while back, they weren't too happy about that.

Must be a Irish thing. LOL! My pops was an alchy and that was the last thing he wanted my sister to do.
  • caddo man
    Options
    Lady Zee wrote: »
    ^ I wasn't included, I don't even drink. My father says you can tell a lot about a man by how/what he drinks, definately an Irish thing. Lol.

Oh then yeah that sounds like my pops. My pops always said that a violent ? has insecurities that cant be fixed but a happy ? has STDs. I always took that as all alchys have problems.
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    every chick ive dated parents loved me! now my mom hated a couple chicks i dated she would meet them one time and be like its something about her i dont like! im yo you just met her!

but she always turned out to be right 9/10 times
  • twinzmom
    twinzmom Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My mom threaten to cut me off, if I didn't leave my husband. She didn't have to tell me tho he was awful.
  • caddo man
    edited August 2012
    Options
    twinzmom wrote: »
    My mom threaten to cut me off, if I didn't leave my husband. She didn't have to tell me tho he was awful.

Please elaborate.

active_listening.jpg

I am all ears!
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would've been a more interesting thread if it was made by your sister regarding dating someone their brother doesn't like.