Why the hate on Wale?

Options
2»

Comments

• CTYO
    CTYO Members Posts: 407
    edited April 2010
    Options
    plenty of ? from DC ? with him... he's nice with it. and his lyrics are far from complicated. pretty girls??? ? you gotta be an idiot to not understand it... real talk.

and for the ? saying he repping your hood wrong???? wtf does that even mean? oh let me guess you want a ? talking about heroin and ? and shooting ? is that right
    he spits about what he knows ? can you blame the ? ?

and just for the record Maryland and DC= the most goon up place in the whole east coast. check the murder and crime rate
    but with all that I haven't heard one ? step up and speak about it... I guess that's what you mean. in that case I feel you on that topic but, still no need to hate on a man to speak about what he knows. he isn't fake. at least that's positive
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ibex wrote: »
    ? who the ? said anything about Guuci,Solja or Silk the Shocker???Why are them ? in the conversation??....We talkin about how lame Wale is, the ? just makes luke warm ? ...the ? songs is"Cute".....Oh and Gucci>>>Wale...U Mad?
    rap doctor wrote:
    u a clown and a hater EAD
    sTaY_TrUe wrote:
    only in the reason

^^This

I said Gucci and Silk The Shocker cause they are the definition of WACK rappers. You say somebody is wack, you puttin them in that category.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    he aight, he got a good media push behind him. i think he is a good look for hip hop.

one thing i don't like which had nothing to do with music is dude sounded stupid on that espn show 1st and 10, maybe it was his stance on jay-z and i'm not a fan of jigga lol.
  • J. Rob
    J. Rob Members Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think he's kind of in a catch 22....he's not lyrical enough for backpackers and he doesn't have enough "swag" for mainstream fans.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    J. Rob wrote: »
    I think he's kind of in a catch 22....he's not lyrical enough for backpackers and he doesn't have enough "swag" for mainstream fans.

I don't think he could be more confident dependent on if that's what you define as swag...It's built in DMV ? Dna
  • DaPrinciplez
    DaPrinciplez Members Posts: 1,148
    edited April 2010
    Options
    he aight, he got a good media push behind him. i think he is a good look for hip hop.

one thing i don't like which had nothing to do with music is dude sounded stupid on that espn show 1st and 10, maybe it was his stance on jay-z and i'm not a fan of jigga lol.

Im Australian i dont get to see ESPN and ? like that so what was dudes stance concernin Jay? If ya dont mind explainin.
    And once again, Wale dope. His mixtapes are incredible and from what i've heard of Attention Deficit, that was nice too.
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Attention Deficit was one of the best albums of 2009. Dude is versatile, has passion, good lyrics and nice production to carry it with. His flow seems repetitive after a while, but he's one of the best new MCs who emerged lately.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i honestly like Back to the Feature better than AD.....to me Wale at times is just too confusing with wtf he is saying and that turns me off to him...same goes for Lupe....i dont need him to dumb it down totally but he needs to make a little bit more sense...oh and if he put out Pretty Girls and Beautiful Bliss before that Lady Gaga ? ....opinions might be a little different all around
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wale is straight.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm from Dc some ? ? with him some ? don't it's usually the ? a ? crowd who don't ? with him but at the same time dc is the home of haters showing love is not in our blood most folks wanted him to come out wiht a dumbed down more southern style than what he came with At first i really didn't ? with him b/c he really wasn't saying ? then mixtape about nothing changed that and i started ? with him after that. his album could have been better though ? was alright and not one artists from Dc ever been on and repping the city constantly and took a whole go go band on tour with him and put them on national tv but yet he not showing love b/c he ain't on some thug ? . one thing that hurts him in teh city is he aihn't got o ride too mucis nothign that bangs out the ride and get yo attention and ? round the way love that ?
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited April 2010
    Options
    its not hate its just Wale lame and aint nobody checcin for his ? like that
    its the same way ? hate on Wayne or Drake
    ? might not feel Wale and yall classify it as hate