Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Edwards only signed a 1year deal though

Yeah I think he will be good as a 2nd/3rd option
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    wow, those 4 and keller give sanchez some weapons.

belichick gotta be gettin nervous

Plus the return of Leon Washington, this team is stacked.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn. WTF?

Ben Molest-berger gets to assault charges but they move Holmes?
    Damn.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i wonder what will happen with big ben if they are trying to rid their team of bad apples

I think they let Holmes go for a 5th pick because of the way Mike Wallace played last year. We aint got no one to replace Ben so unless we can get like 2nd round pick for him I dont see him going this year, I do think he will eventually be gone though.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Yeah I think he will be good as a 2nd/3rd option

Plus the return of Leon Washington, this team is stacked.

A focused Braylon Edwards is not only a number 1 but a top 10 reciever in the NFL
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If I'm a Jets fans i would be hoping they move Braylon and his stone hands.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think they let Holmes go for a 5th pick because of the way Mike Wallace played last year. We aint got no one to replace Ben so unless we can get like 2nd round pick for him I dont see him going this year, I do think he will eventually be gone though.

how do you feel about that as a pitt fan? he's had his legal troubles, but hes brought you 2 SB wins. im a bengals fan, so im all for getting him outta the division
  • 5th Letter
    edited April 2010
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    A focused Braylon Edwards is not only a number 1 but a top 10 reciever in the NFL

Good point but I think Holmes will be the official 1 receiver on the Jets.
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    We aint got no one to replace Ben so unless we can get like 2nd round pick for him I dont see him going this year, I do think he will eventually be gone though.

Rooney is looking for character right now....Steelers fans say hello to Tim Tebow.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    how do you feel about that as a pitt fan? he's had his legal troubles, but hes brought you 2 SB wins. im a bengals fan, so im all for getting him outta the division

Id hate to see it honestly cause I dont think he did anything in either case, but I hate to see Holmes go to its just business I guess. I hope he stays but Rooney is a man of his word so to me its gonna happen, I just hope we dont get a 2nd round pick this year, cause if the Steelers pick Tebow im done with em.
  • xtraill
    xtraill Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Id hate to see it honestly cause I dont think he did anything in either case, but I hate to see Holmes go to its just business I guess. I hope he stays but Rooney is a man of his word so to me its gonna happen, I just hope we dont get a 2nd round pick this year, cause if the Steelers pick Tebow im done with em.

Please ? , don't let that happen, but you gotta route for the team and not the individual.

I am sorry to Holmes go, what a shocker. I wonder who is next?
  • younglane
    younglane Members Posts: 133
    edited April 2010
    Options
    30sy0si.gif

• d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Y'all acting like Tebow hasn't won on every level?1?!

Would you rather have Clausen or Pike? Tebow outshined Pike by a mile in the Sugar Bowl.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    xtraill wrote: »
    Please ? , don't let that happen, but you gotta route for the team and not the individual.

I am sorry to Holmes go, what a shocker. I wonder who is next?

Oh Ill still root for em from my couch, but they better not be expectin me to go to another game unless Tebow acually does great his first year and has less than 500 yds rushin
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    are you ? kidding meeeeeeeeeeeeeee...wdf@ roney letting this roll...smh& just for a 5th round pick
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Y'all acting like Tebow hasn't won on every level?1?!

Would you rather have Clausen or Pike? Tebow outshined Pike by a mile in the Sugar Bowl.

Just aint about how you play its who you are, you cant just come into Pittsburgh, you have to a certain attitude about ? . All the goody boy christian nice guy ? wouldnt work with Pittsburgh, can you imagine him tellin Ward "Hinez Jesus thinks your hitting a little to hard and sometimes for no reason, you should play nicer"

He's to divaish for Pittsburgh
  • xtraill
    xtraill Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Just aint about how you play its who you are, you cant just come into Pittsburgh, you have to a certain attitude about ? . All the goody boy christian nice guy ? wouldnt work with Pittsburgh, can you imagine him tellin Ward "Hinez Jesus thinks your hitting a little to hard and sometimes for no reason, you should play nicer"

I agree, he is too clean cut but that might be the image we need right now thank to Ben and Santonio.
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Tebow isn't Kurt Warner.

He's one of the toughest ? 's in the college game. He's the closest you can get to Big Ben. They had to force him to not even lift weights in college as a freshman (set school records in lifting) as he was getting too big. He played on a broken leg in high school. Dude is tough and has attitude on the field and won't back down to no one.

People talk that noise but I doubt they run up on him. LOL

I think a lot of people have tebow all wrong and that prayer before the test stuff was false.

I think Hines Ward would love a QB like this:

Think Steeler fans would like his toughness:
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

Why would he say some ? like that?! U makin' him sound like he's some punk ass ? . LoL. I know he's the (media's) golden boy and great white hope, but I've never seen anything "diva" like about him. I don't even think Tebow is on the Steelers radar. They got a decent back up with great upside in Dixon so there wouldn't be a need in a risky project like Tim regardless of his "prestine" character.

I don't think he'll be much of anything in da league, but one thing I do know is that he'll work hard and I'm smart enough 2 know that average players that have a good work ethic/hustle, stick around. *shrugs*

Pittsburgh lost btw. The Jets r becoming scary!
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im not a tebow fan, but i think he can be a solid QB in the right situation. i just dont think pittsburgh is that situation
  • 5th Letter
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im not a tebow fan, but i think he can be a solid QB in the right situation. i just dont think pittsburgh is that situation

I think Pittsburgh is a good situation for him, he wouldn't have to throw the ball so much with a good running game, and decent receivers like Ward, Miller, Wallace and Galloway. Not to mention a stout defense. All Tebow would need to do is manage the game.
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    I think Pittsburgh is a good situation for him, he wouldn't have to throw the ball so much with a good running game, and decent receivers like Ward, Miller, Wallace and Galloway. Not to mention a stout defense. All Tebow would need to do is manage the game.

I was thinking the same.

I think Buffalo likes Tebow a lot but always felt he fits with old school Steelers style of football.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? all that other ?

what i want to know is how he was given up for a measly 5th round draft pick. I swear teams over/under rate their draft picks in such a ridiculous way.
  • msuman
    msuman Confirm Email Posts: 450
    edited April 2010
    Options
    WTF! Why didnt my Skins make a play for only a 5th round pick that is ridiculous.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? are the steelers doing a fifth round pick...? u gona draft a punter
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    WOW!! Steelers fans will be mad!!