anyone copping the new 2010 FIFA world cup?

Options
earth two superman
earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in IllGaming
demo is on XBL/PSN now. pretty sweet so far. even good control settings for beginners.

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yep, definitely. Been playing the demo and liking it so far. Watched some vids on IGN from the finished game. I like how they have included trophy presentation. And going thru the teams I see even my country is included. lol
  • earth two superman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Yep, definitely. Been playing the demo and liking it so far. Watched some vids on IGN from the finished game. I like how they have included trophy presentation. And going thru the teams I see even my country is included. lol

Yep, they put Peru in there so I have to cop and represent too lol
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Playing the demo again. They got the damn bubazellas in there too. It wouldn't be South africa without them. lol
  • earth two superman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    pretty much. but im still glad i waited.
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Been playing FIFA 10.

Pretty much the same game.

Yea, except with more international teams. I'm getting it anyway.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Can you play with Morocco this time? the lack of international teams in 2010 ? me the ? of lol. I'm probably copping it though, it's gonna be madness all over the world in june lol
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Been playing FIFA 10.

so in other words it sucks...
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Alkindus wrote: »
    Can you play with Morocco this time? the lack of international teams in 2010 ? me the ? of lol. I'm probably copping it though, it's gonna be madness all over the world in june lol

Yea, Morocco is in there
  • Alkindus
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yea, Morocco is in there

ay! than it's settled, I'm coppin it after my exams are finished. My psn = Alkindus, prepare yourself for a online world cup!

one question btw, is this game already out? I'm probably gonna play a lot with The Netherlands/Morocco, thing is that Bert Van Marwijk(dutch coach) hasn't let out which players will be in the definite selection....is this game up to date? Would be strange to play with a team loaded with players that aren't in the national squad.

Yo Spliff! I am the biggest pro evo nerd on the planet, you don't know how hard it was for me to admit that fifa is the best footie out this year. I 'm rooting for konami to strike back next year but this year Fifa really is the better game. It ain't even close to be honest......
  • One Spliff
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yo Spliff! I am the biggest pro evo nerd on the planet, you don't know how hard it was for me to admit that fifa is the best footie out this year. I 'm rooting for konami to strike back next year but this year Fifa really is the better game. It ain't even close to be honest......

i got fifa 10 bruh, and got pes 2010...its not even close...pes is far superior in every aspect, they also sorted out online mode, so its virtually lag free now...

i loved fifa for about a week or so before pes dropped tho,when its the only football game on the market...i aint gon lie....its pretty good....but with pro evo aswell, i cant even put them in the same league.

to each his own tho.
  • One Spliff
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My country didnt make the World Cup, so ? it.

lmao...

n they never will
  • earth two superman
    edited April 2010
    Options

neither did mine, and they havent since the year I was born. (coincidence?) but they'll be champs in my game lol
  • d.o.c
    d.o.c Members Posts: 101
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Been playing FIFA 10.

Exactly my point,i'll probably just rent it for a week,complete it and then just stay beating everyone on Fifa 10
  • d.o.c
    d.o.c Members Posts: 101
    edited April 2010
    Options

Who's your country???
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2010
    Options

doesn't matter, they still in there. My country didn't even make it to qualifications and they still in the game. What country you from and I'll check the demo and tell you
  • joshuaboy
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ay! than it's settled, I'm coppin it after my exams are finished. My psn = Alkindus, prepare yourself for a online world cup!

one question btw, is this game already out? I'm probably gonna play a lot with The Netherlands/Morocco, thing is that Bert Van Marwijk(dutch coach) hasn't let out which players will be in the definite selection....is this game up to date? Would be strange to play with a team loaded with players that aren't in the national squad.

Nah, only the demo is out and the only teams playable are Italy and Spain. I think its releasing closer to the start of the WC so they can have all the rosters updated and the finished stadiums.
  • Alkindus
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Nah, only the demo is out and the only teams playable are Italy and Spain. I think its releasing closer to the start of the WC so they can have all the rosters updated and the finished stadiums.

it set to be released here the 29th of this month. cant wait
  • earth two superman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    spliff why exactly do u think PES is better?
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It looks like they have every damn country in the world on this, lol.

It looks good though, I might cop.
  • One Spliff
    edited April 2010
    Options
    spliff why exactly do u think PES is better?

you kinda gotta live in england to understand it, biggy can explain it also...

fifa will always remain the most popular, but i think pes is revered amongts football fans as the gamers choice...its fallen off a little in recent years, and apprently fifa has upped its game in recent years...but majority of ppl i kno still ? with pes over fifa, but fifa i feel is for casual gamers, or lesser football fans...

but i was curious about the new style of fifa, n i played 09 once n was suprised...so i did what any impartial gamer would do, and i bought both games to see what was up...

fifa 10 is what i expected, they only way i felt they could of improved was by doin exactly what they did...which is copy pes (gameplay wise)...but they didnt jack it all the way, just half the way...tbh i loved fifa for about 10 days or so... its an enjoyable game no doubt...but gameplay wise the most recent pes (a big improvement on last years) is almost flawless imo.

i could go intyo detail about thwat seperates them gameplay wise...but it would take too long...their just different games....pes is more tactical, messing with formation and tactics actually has a direct affect on how your team and players performance, the realism factor has been its more argued case over the years, and relism wise its still way ahead of fifa, individual player styles and chracterristics are always on point...thats why it suits real football fans waaay more, if u kno your footbal and r a big fan...then u'll love be being sum of the europeans clubs n using urtheir best players, because pes always gets their style, attributes and skills on point, watch messi and playing onTV, n then play with messi on pro evo, its like virtual reality...

fifa lacks in sooo many departments gameplay wise...there just is'nt enought 'feel to the game, players all seem to move n feel the same, shooting is really bad i doesnt feel any way, on pes shooting is a joy, becauee u really feel the shot n liek your actually directing it, i always cant ? with analogue, i prefer the d-pad...i still feel the game is too 'controlled' or 'assisted' pes has always been more free playing with no assited settings.

b4 fifa was second to pes undoubedlty, recently things have bene a lil more even...but only because fifa got rid of its over-assited style of gameplay and adopted pes's more simulated free style of gameplay...but it simply doesnt work imo...something just feels wrong with fifa, but id recommend fifa to any person who is new to football games, or is mroe of a casual watcher and player of the sport....but if play football and watch it like i do, n ur fairly good at sports games...then pes is better no doubt.
  • earth two superman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^
    good breakdown.
    It looks like they have every damn country in the world on this, lol.

It looks good though, I might cop.

not all. laos, papua new guinea, philipines lost.