So Dwight Howard is a top 3 player in the NBA?

Options

Comments

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh,

Derron Williams >> Chris Paul

Just sayin b.
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I been reppin for Dwight but that whole Boston argument was flawed, 08 and 10 were the only years the C's were fully healthy in the playoffs and we made it to the finals, last year Pierce was playing with a injured knee and Bradley was out, but Miami was playing without Bosh for the first what 4 or 5 games of the series, so that almost evens it out, game 2 should of been ours but due to one of the worst no calls ever it just didnt go our way, 2011 alot of things were wrong with that team, mentally and physically

Don't get too caught up in the celtics argument... Throw it completely out... (and again, rondo got hurt in 2010 and bradley in 2011)

The question of this thread was, is Dwight howard a top 3 player...

Only thing I'll say is... Let's say Lebron is a shoe in in the top 3... Then you need 2 more:

Wade: Go look at his playoff history vs dwights history... ? get bounced in the first / 2nd round for years... He wasn't a factor and is not really gonna do anything on his own. He had shaq the one year and after that he's not even relevant AT ALL...

KD: KD is a 6'11 Screen guard... To me those scoring titles are frivilous because I know westbrook is the main reason he's getting those scoring titles... Put KD out on the raptors... And he'll be averaging 24 a game... He can't create his own shot (he proved this in the finals)... How can you have a ? above dwight that doesnt have impact on a team BY HIMSELF... He needs somebody to set screens and ? to get him open, and on defense he aint ?

Kobe: Kobe's one of my favorite players of all time, but he's probably not in the top 3 discussion right now... Next year could change that, but not now

Cris Paul: come on, seriously? Chris paul very well might be the best point guard in the NBA... he does it all.. leadership, shooting, steals.. But anybody say they'd take him over dwight howard is lying.. The last 2 point guard led title teams I can remember... 1 was the badboy pistons with some of the best players of all time on it, and the other Had Kareem Abdul Jabbar on it... Look at what happened with Jason kidd and the nets... It was basically Kidd vs Duncan in that finals... As good as kidd was, you never go small man over big man... Get real.

I'd say dwight howard is the 2nd best player in the NBA as far as impact on a team, and it really can't be disputed.
  • woah316
    Options
    Ok but your making it seem like Dwight did something Lebron couldn't do. In '09 if the Cavs would of played the Celtics instead of the Magic guess what Cavs go to the finals and still proceed to get smashed by the Lakers in 5. Healthy KG makes all the difference my friend. Dwight just had a better team than Lebron did in '09 they killed the Cavs by spreading the defense and raining three's on them not because Dwight is some unstoppable juggarnaut.

Haha.. You failed bad wit this post bro.

DWIGHT BEAT LEBRON IN 2009, HEAD UP...

What's your next excuse? "Well if lebron was 6'11 he would have advanced to the finals and faced the lakers"... You ? up with that post.

Oh and that also reminds me:

Lebron in finals by himself: Got Swept
    Dwight in finals by himself: did win 1 game

I mean, we can go on and on and on... And the arguments I'm making, give credence to the fact that Lebron and Dwight have equal impact... Im not even SAYING dwight is better than lebron... But ? , the case I'm building... One could easily say that... Only thing I'm trying to say is DWIGHT IS AT LEAST TOP 3...

You put dwight on the heat these last 2 years... They have 2 titles... EEassssiiilllyyyyyyyy...... Lebron froze the ? up. 2012 was the first year he ever scored more than 25 points in a finals game! And his career average is 27. That's bonkers.

Vs the Lakers, dwight played up to his normal averages... You put dwight with wade / bosh they have 2 titles.

I'm still waiting for somebody to logically dispute what I'm saying... It's not really possible.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sour wrote: »
    How a ? that can't shoot top 3 though, FOH b.

Dwight Howards job isnt to shoot so what the ? is your point?? Hes a center you dumb ?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    If you have a choice to build your team around either Wade, Paul, or Dwight and you dont pick Dwight your stupid, especially if your picking Wade I dont know even know why hes in the conversation right now
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    So wade aint a top player in the league no more?

Lmao since when
  • Sour-Cream
    Options

Sour wrote: »
    How a ? that can't shoot top 3 though, FOH b.

Dwight Howards job isnt to shoot so what the ? is your point?? Hes a center you dumb ?

Hakeem Olujuwon, every other center that can shoot, Shaq >> Dwight Howard.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited August 2012
    Options
    So wade cant hoop no more now? He aint a top player in the league?

Lmao since when

If I'm starting from scratch I wouldn't want to build a team around Wade...he's beyond his prime. Wouldn't want to build around Kobe either. I probably wouldn't want D12 either unless he's proven beyond a reasonable doubt that his back is okay.

Lebron is by far the best player to build around in the NBA talent wise...and I hope he dies.

No Doubt

We talkin bout top 3 players in the nba.To me wade or chris paul are number 3 or 4(you can switch either)

I saw a few people dispute that.It cant be based off his struggles in the playoffs while playing on a ? knee
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK...but for real how is it a reach from three to 5...? And y ? @theiraq keep saying. Its cause he a laker
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? saying the dumbest ? ..

And he not even trolling lol

WOAT316
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Bruh they gave Kobe a 93 on the new 2k and KD is 95 I doubt wade is higher than KD this year, wade will be a 93 like Kobe Or a 92 like melo
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Bruh they gave Kobe a 93 on the new 2k and KD is 95 I doubt wade is higher than KD this year, wade will be a 93 like Kobe Or a 92 like melo

What was u thinkin when u posted this? Who cares

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top 3 Player in the league =/= Top 3 Player you would start franchise with
  • blu197
    Options

Bruh I don't know how you can call wade the best sg in the L when he had his worst statistical season since his rookie year c'mon bruh

And you call cp3 the best pg in the L but he disappoints in the playoffs every year switch Dwill with cp3 last year and clips win at least 1 game in the 2nd round
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? really goes by 2K ratings, lmfao.
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dwight is elite by default.....u that much bigger than everybody and you cant even avg 25 ppg my ? ? The main reason for this is simply because he has no reliable offensive moves.... I respect his defense but nothing about his game is polished in the least bit....draw fouls on the ? and he gonna get a tech, doesnt take much to get him off his game...he's had a couple games where he gave you the whole repertoire but it was too far in between.... with that said, NO Dwight is not better than Wade, CP3, Kobe, Durant, or LeBron....

And yeah you can make the case that hes among the best to build around...but thats not sayin much if you aint a true leader....Dwight cant even get the ball in the clutch, hes disqualified...Wade had more opportunites to close out games and he got LeBron AND Bosh on his team....no excuses for this ?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited August 2012
    Options

Bruh I don't know how you can call wade the best sg in the L when he had his worst statistical season since his rookie year c'mon bruh

And you call cp3 the best pg in the L but he disappoints in the playoffs every year switch Dwill with cp3 last year and clips win at least 1 game in the 2nd round

Does he not play wit lebron and chris bosh? You don't think that has somethin to do wit it? He still the best defensive sg easily and his numbers dipped cuz his fga's and fta's were the lowest since his 2nd and rookie year

Chris paul led the clippers to their 2nd playoff series win in franchise history over a higher seed and on the road in a game 7 this year lol @ he always disappoints

• Sour-Cream
    Options
    Brooklyn Nets will do better than the clippers this year, belee dat.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wade is great...Kobe is great...Durant is great...but bron Dwight melo cp3 and d. Will are the top 5 right now...y'all can't discredit Dwight and hype Durant. Cmon
  • blu197
    Options

Does he not play wit lebron and chris bosh? You don't think that has somethin to do wit it? He still the best defensive sg easily and his numbers dipped cuz his fga's and fta's were the lowest since his 2nd and rookie year

Chris paul led the clippers to their 2nd playoff series win in franchise history over a higher seed and on the road in a game 7 this year lol @ he always disappoints

And melo led knicks to their 1st playoff win in like 10 years what your point? Cp3 never been out the second round ? stay disappointin like I said throw Dwill on that team last year or a healthy Drose and see how far that clip team goes
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Wade is great...Kobe is great...Durant is great...but bron Dwight melo cp3 and d. Will are the top 5 right now...y'all can't discredit Dwight and hype Durant. Cmon

just woated yourself
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7U2BU3P_sk

Best defensive sg in the league.

1st made deng adjust his shot then pass it then threw ? shot in the stands
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Wade is great...Kobe is great...Durant is great...but bron Dwight

MELO

cp3 and d. Will are the top 5 right now...y'all can't discredit Dwight and hype Durant. Cmon

55oz5z.jpg
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Chase N Bundlez Members Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Whoever is saying that Wade, Kobe, or CP3 is better than Dwight as of this moment..

please, I am begging you to scan that roster 3x, up and down, and then look at ur keyboard with a straight face and tell me if u were to add any of the 3 aforementioned to the roster below, that they even sniff the playoffs..

and if u choose to lie to me, tell me ur agenda for doing so and what do u gain from lying on a msgboard.

Ryan Anderson

Earl Clark

Glen Davis

Chris Duhon

Justin Harper

Larry Hughes

DeAndre Liggins

Jameer Nelson

Daniel Orton

J.J. Redick

Jason Richardson

Quentin Richardson

Ishmael Smith

Hedo Turkoglu

Von Wafer
  • woah316
    Options
    Whoever is saying that Wade, Kobe, or CP3 is better than Dwight as of this moment..

please, I am begging you to scan that roster 3x, up and down, and then look at ur keyboard with a straight face and tell me if u were to add any of the 3 aforementioned to the roster below, that they even sniff the playoffs..

and if u choose to lie to me, tell me ur agenda for doing so and what do u gain from lying on a msgboard.

Ryan Anderson

Earl Clark

Glen Davis

Chris Duhon

Justin Harper

Larry Hughes

DeAndre Liggins

Jameer Nelson

Daniel Orton

J.J. Redick

Jason Richardson

Quentin Richardson

Ishmael Smith

Hedo Turkoglu

Von Wafer

Bro, I think it's ? Dwight is a laker, that's the only logical reason.

These ? are so ? lame, it's truly disgusting.

? call me a "troll" ? I say KD is a 6'11 screen guard... That's not trolling, thats a ? fact... Am I the only one that watched the finals? Son gets his shots the SAME WAY Ray allen gets his... off of screens and in transition... And westbrook driving in the lane relentlessly helps him get his shots...

You take KD off of OKC... and Put him on Toronto or new orleans or some ? ... They not sniffing the playoffs... I've never seen a "scoring champion" that can't get his own shot.. That ? is an oxymoron...

Matter fact, that's my new thread... 5 4 3 2...