The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Options

Comments

• rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    expendables_profile_1.jpg

GRADE (B)
    Well that was pretty funny and enjoyable. Basically like the 1st film it was a homage to 80's action. Body's blowing up, guns blazing and some hard body fights. This time the Expendables team is on a mission of revenge. The movie starts out with huge action sequence. Some great fighting also. Once it's over Bruce Willis confonts Stallone and tells him he owes him. That sets the mission for this team. 1st it was great seeing everyone on Screen together doing a lot of their trademarked moves and one liners. There are some really cheesy/corny parts but they were making fun of themselves so you laughed with them. Jason is a good with those Knives, wow. Jet Li was underused to me. Arnold and Chuck's cameos were perfect. Van Damme was really good as the Villain. Thor's Brother was filler, sorry. The Asia chick was cool. But the movie was far from perfect. Arnold, Sly and Bruce in battle was epic. There could of been even more action but I guess they wanted to give some story. Overall can't wait for Part III.
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2012
    Options
    In homage to the Great Director Tony Scott, I will be watching every film in his catalog that he directed. I got started with these two:

FGS1100Z.jpg

GRADE (A - CLASSIC) - "Top Gun" is the film that took Tom Cruise from rising star to Household name. Basically this movie made Tom, TOM, one of the biggest stars in the world. With an amazing cast that includes the likes of Val Kilmer and Tim Robbins as well as Meg Ryan. Top Gun is not only action packed but also packs some drama. This 80's American Classic still holds up till this day. Also I can't lie, that soundtrack brought me to my childhood. It was actually a huge soundtrack and went 9x Platinum in the U.S.

Enemy-Of-The-State-movie-poster-(1998)-picture-MOV_8e17cd58_b.jpg

GRADE (B) - Many talk about Will smith saving the world from aliens too much but always overlook this film in his catalog. "Enemy of the State" is a great action thriller that proves to be very relevent as society today is very logged in to computers and servalince. Will Smith and Gene Hackman play great roles. John Voight also plays a great villian.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watched Avengers the other day loved it.. the banter and script was pretty good
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    8310832.jpg

Grade: A
    Really good doc, a lot of things I didn't know about him before watching it I have a whole new respect for him.

http://youtu.be/dAZgIQpdLZE
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watched Cabin in the Woods. The movie was all over the place.... Its like the just made a movie lol
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2012
    Options
    My Tony Scott Homage continues:

220px-Man_on_fireposter.jpg

GRADE (A) - This underrated film sees Denzel playing a bodyguard with nothing to lose until the little girl he is protecting is kidnapped. This sends him on a rampage for revenge. The acting by Denzel and Dakota Fanning was amazing. This film will finally get the credit it deserves as critics hated on it when it dropped. Many are calling it one of Scott's best films.

421202.jpg

GRADE (B- ) - It had it's flaws but this movie is also underrated. Deniro channels his performances from "Taxi Driver" and "Cape Fear" to give us another crazy character. Snipes does a believable job playing a star athlete who lost his edge. This movie makes Eminem's "Stan" look sane as Deniro really went wild in this. This film is a must see off Deniro's insane performance alone. It was good watching this again as I haven't seen it in a long time.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Human Centipede (C-)

If you've heard anything about the premise of the movie, the your mind has already played out far worse than anything the movie actually shows. Plus, logic is nowhere present in pivotal scenes, but that's most horror flicks for you.
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    Tony Scott Homage Continues:

220px-Last_boy_scout.jpg

GRADE (C+) - I always enjoyed this flick, it was your typical shoot em up bang bang action flick that were popular in the 80's but it bleed over to the 90's. Willis played an interesting part as the ? up secret service agent. Damon Waynes was more comedic relief. Great seeing small parts from Halle Berry and Eddie Griffin. Overall decent action flick and it's still pretty good more for nostalgic reasons. It's cool, Tony tackled Football with this film and Baseball with "The Fan". I guess he was an American Sports fan deep down. So that's 5 Tony Scott Films this week since he passed and it's been great seeing them all. Now only 11 more films to go in his catalog so I got to get the other ones and watch them.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Creasy Bear!!!
  • ocelot
    Options
    Watching the Expendable 1... Im in the middle and I don't know what yall talking about but this ? is a classic already... They should've got the Rock in it and had him go against Stone Cold...
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watched cabin in the woods
    ending was crazy mayne all these damn creatures
    cool film dope effects
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    The-Hunger-Games-Movie-Faqs.jpg

grade: D
    only thing i liked was the costumes & layout of the capitol. everything else was a dud. don't know why i expected anything differently when the book was the exact same way.
  • rapmastermind
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The-Hunger-Games-Movie-Faqs.jpg

grade: D
    only thing i liked was the costumes & layout of the capitol. everything else was a dud. don't know why i expected anything differently when the book was the exact same way.
    Battle Royale is a Classic. I saw "Hunger Games" and they clearly bit Battle Royale. "Hunger Games" is nothing more than a watered down PG Battle Royale.

Battle_royale_pochette.jpg

GRADE - A

In the very 1st post of this thread I gave "The Hunger Games" a C+, honestly it was a little over hyped. "Battle Royal" from Japan went way harder and the killing was sicker. "The Hunger Games" was basically a twilight version of the survival film. The Love story brought it down. Supposedly the next sequels are darker and it gets better but I wasn't that impressed by the 1st movie. It's crazy cause it was a huge box office hit. People really liked that movie but I think it's mostly teenagers like the twilight series that's driving.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    In the very 1st post of this thread I gave "The Hunger Games" a C+, honestly it was a little over hyped. "Battle Royal" from Japan went way harder and the killing was sicker. "The Hunger Games" was basically a twilight version of the survival film. The Love story brought it down. Supposedly the next sequels are darker and it gets better but I wasn't that impressed by the 1st movie. It's crazy cause it was a huge box office hit. People really liked that movie but I think it's mostly teenagers like the twilight series that's driving.
    yea that's probly why i didn't like the movie or the book as much. it definitely geared towards the twilight/harry potter demographic & the bigger things at play - like government control - weren't teased out enough. it wasn't a bad story, but it was hella watered down.
  • ocelot
    Options
    Watching I'm Gonna Get You Sucker...
    I'm in tears... ? is funnier when you're older...
  • Britt_J
    Britt_J Members Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »

Lmao! How much for ONE rib? Ctfu!
  • ocelot
    Options
    Britt_J wrote: »
    ocelot wrote: »

Lmao! How much for ONE rib? Ctfu!

And then he asked for change for a hunnid!?...lmao

but Britt... the whole movie tho???

lol@moms leaving his room the way he left it(my mom did the same... and I had the same look)

lol@ Keenan getting PTSD about the midgets and the girl " they were kids Jack!!!"

lol@ Both the Army brehs being secretaries and having the same surf badge....

That movie had me gasping for air
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    Saw The Dark Knight Rises for a second time this week
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watched wild bill the other day, i give it 10 out of 10 loved it!

watched this means war last night, its a 6 out of 10 for me, my girl really liked it, i only watched it because im a hardy fan, it was watchable.
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    Megan-Fox-in-The-Dictator-.jpg

THE DICTATOR - GRADE (C). Every since "The Ali G" show I had love for Sasha Cohen. He's mad funny. "Borat" was hilarious, "Bruno" was suspect, lol. I thought "The Dictator" had some funny parts and I like the commentary he was making on how the U.S. views dictators and other countries. Of course there was some ? humor and scene's but overall pretty funny.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Megan Fox looks like ? perfection in that picture
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    I'm a movie fan 1st so it doesn't matter if it's a Blockbuster, Indy or straight to video, I'll give it a chance. Here are 2 straight to video's I gave a chance recently:

poster.jpg

"96 Minutes" - GRADE (B) This coming of age drama is about being at the wrong place, at the wrong time. 4 young lives intersect and 96 minutes later they are changed forever. It started kinda slow but the movie was pretty deep. The acting was Decent as Evan Ross (Diana Ross Son) lead the charge. I love the theme's of right and wrong and the power of choice.

jadou-work_15_dragon.jpg

"Dragon Eyes" - GRADE (D) I only gave it a chance cause I was on my Van Damme ? after "Expendables 2" but his part was only as a mentor to the main star. It also started Peter Weller as the bad guy. He played Murphy in "Robocop" so it was good seeing him again. Overall the movie was all over the place and the fighting wasn't even that good. The Ending was terrible too.
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    The-Raid-Redemption-Movie-Poster--280x416.jpg

The Raid: Redemption - GRADE (A) Wow, what can I say. Easily one of the best action/martial arts films I've seen in years real talk. The story is about a police force who goes after a drug kingpin. It was like Ice T invading The Carter in New York City but X's a Trillion. The action was top notch. The style and camera work was amazing. The lead Actor is someone I will be checkin for if he does more martial arts films. He has a bright future. Overall I loved it. It's how ACTION should be done. The Subtitles didn't bother me at all. I like watching foreign films in their original language not no lame U.S. Dub over. It's a must see folks. Sadly There are going to make an American Version and it's probably not going to be anywhere near the level of this one.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Lawless_Poster.jpg

great movie. anybody questioning shia labeouf needs to see this movie.
    as always, tom hardy, gary oldman & guy pearce killed their roles.
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    Freelancers-Poster.jpg

FREELANCERS - GRADE (C+) 1st 50's straight to video hustle is something crazy, he seems to get some big names. Well this cop drama is no different as Legendary Actors Deniro and Forrest star alongside 50. It's basically the story of corrupt cops and how one guy is brought into the force as a favor cause of his deceased father. 50 and his 2 other boys get broken into a crazy force. I though the movie was pretty good. Deniro did a great job playing the boss. Forrest was good as a ? cop too. I think this could of gone to theaters. Overall it's worth seeing, 50 is getting better acting wise also.