What kind of fan are you?

Options

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    Why am I not surprised that the 2 Cleveland posters are fans of multiple teams in a sport...
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    Real talk ? the Giants, Redskins, Eagles, 49ers, Packers, Steelers all the teams we have a rivalry with somewhere in our history. Cowboys ? , real ? , ALL DAY!!!

I was gone fight some Eagles fans in PA a couple weeks ago for talking down, but they wasn't bout that life.

Also Rangers fan for life as well. I like the Mavericks, but I like players from other teams too much to say I'm a die hard Mavs fan.

Tony ? isnt a "real ? " b. ? yo team
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real talk ? the Giants, Redskins, Eagles, 49ers, Packers, Steelers all the teams we have a rivalry with somewhere in our history. Cowboys ? , real ? , ALL DAY!!!

I was gone fight some Eagles fans in PA a couple weeks ago for talking down, but they wasn't bout that life.

Also Rangers fan for life as well. I like the Mavericks, but I like players from other teams too much to say I'm a die hard Mavs fan.

Tony ? isnt a "real ? " b. ? yo team

? the roaches, we'll do yall in again just like we always do.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    ayo this white dude at work(hawks fan) called me a frontrunner for the heat and I deadass almost got fired
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    ayo this white dude at work(hawks fan) called me a frontrunner for the heat and I deadass almost got fired

That's what you get for arguing about sports when there's a line fulla ? waiting for their Original Recipe Chicken.

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It might be a domestic incident in my house if the wife and the daughter dont leave me alone about the Sox getting swept.

Them 2 chicks Cub fans, how they go clown me when their team 30 something games out of first
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    It might be a domestic incident in my house if the wife and the daughter dont leave me alone about the Sox getting swept.

Them 2 chicks Cub fans, how they go clown me when their team 30 something games out of first

lol
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? you too lil ? . *snoop voice*
  • aggboy
    aggboy Members Posts: 48
    Options
    Casual skins, wiz, caps, O's fan... die hard hokie and Chiefs fan
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan

That's what you get for arguing about sports when there's a line fulla ? waiting for their Original Recipe Chicken.
    lol foh...
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan

You do realize that if another team's fans make you wanna fight them -- You lawst already -- right?

lmao tell this to them dodgers fans that put ya boy in a coma
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die hard Redskins & FSU Seminoles fan!!! Been wit the Skins all 30 years of my life & FSU for 23 years(Since Prime's senior year.) basketball I'm a casual fan, really don't give a damn & root for players instead of any 1 team. During my childhood I ? wit the Bulls heavy n the late 80's, thru the 90's. After I ? wit Big Shaq tough (Lakers, Heat, Celtics) I'm bandwagon as ? n that sport. Lol
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Die hard 49er fan
    Die hard Miami Hurricane fan
    Die Hard Bulls fan(even after Mike n dem left and we had the joy of dealing wit Chandler n Curry's young ? ...and Tim muthafuckin Floyd was callin the plays....still dont know wtf Krause was thinkin wit that one)
    Casual boxing fan(love watchin PBF, old RJJ and Hopkins and of course Tyson but after that nobody really moves the needle for me)
    Casual baseball fan(or might be a bandwagon fan cuz the Nats are fiiiiinally winning games...lol...other than that rooted for the A's when steriods were actually cool...lol)
    Causal hockey fan(just got into it recently and basically cuz Washington has a pretty damn good hockey team now...but was a DIE HARD FAN of the NHL series video game....lmao)
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    Die hard lifer - it's all i know thanks to my family. I was taken to Bears games too young to even remember, was a kid around 4 years old first time at Soldier Field. Was also fortunate enough to watch MJ and the Bulls live multiple times and remember going to Old Comiskey Park before it was tore down in '91.

Also I'm a casual fan of some Houston and Seattle teams since I've lived in both places and a casual Cubs fan - who isn't though? even if we won't admit it we'd all like to see the Cubs win in our lifetime.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    Die hard lifer - it's all i know thanks to my family. I was taken to Bears games too young to even remember, was a kid around 4 years old first time at Soldier Field. Was also fortunate enough to watch MJ and the Bulls live multiple times and remember going to Old Comiskey Park before it was tore down in '91.

Also I'm a casual fan of some Houston and Seattle teams since I've lived in both places and a casual Cubs fan - who isn't though? even if we won't admit it we'd all like to see the Cubs win in our lifetime.

Hell no, your Sox fan pass is in jeopardy after this post.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    man you're lying if you claim you'll be sitting back all salty if the Cubs win the World Series. if you are though, sucks for you - i'll be out enjoying the atmosphere, ? it.

you're on that jealous Cubs fan way of thinking with the hate though.. what do Sox fans have to be jealous about? we hold the all-time series record and the all-time regular series record + the 1917 and 2005 championships. Sox fans like me just lack ? to give about the Cubs (or the whole NL for that matter) - it's beneath me as a true lifer i been there and done all that, lived through 2005 and wouldn't deny that joy to someone else and that's real ? .
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's good to see reaperbong isnt as bitter as the average white sox fan and you will see the cubs win the world series soon most likely 2015 and 2016
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    Sox fans that perpetuate that ? just reinforce the stereotype that we are low class grouches with an inferiority complex for being a small market team in the country's 3rd largest media market.

As a real Sox fan what I want to see is a new breed of cross-over fans because our attendance is embarrassing.. and if the team will draw new fans we need to eliminate these stigmas and show some class. cheap ass Sox fans need to worry about filling some seats first and all the other ? second.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    aggboy wrote: »

Just be a Chiefs fan b, Skins dont need casual fans like u.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    I wont be salty if those bums won but i wont be celebrating either, what i look like hopping on their bandwagon after despising them for over 20 years.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    I wont be salty if those bums won but i wont be celebrating either, what i look like hopping on their bandwagon after despising them for over 20 years.

yea sure.. don't get me wrong i won't be going out buying Cubs gear but hell yea i'll be in the streets taking advantage of a good situation.

i don't even think about it though until some ? like this on the internet. last time i went to Wrigley with some visitors out of town i wore a Sox hat + 80's throwback jacket and nobody even looked at me sideways.. it's not that serious for real, look at the crowd in any televised game at Wrigley and you can spot people in Sox gear.
  • aggboy
    aggboy Members Posts: 48
    Options
    aggboy wrote: »

Just be a Chiefs fan b, Skins dont need casual fans like u.

I mean casual as in I like to see them do well cause thats the home team but other than that anybody that know me knows who I ride for
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    To echo what another cat said, it's aight if you're a "quiet" bandwagoner. Meaning you just want to see a certain team or player do well and when they do, you give'em a...

7982%20-%20animated_gif%20tagme%20thumbs_up.gif

...and keep it moving.

What I can't stand is muthafucka who go from "no ? given" to "My team" this and "we" that and pop ? like you was rooting for the squad in your cartoon pajamas as a kid.

Here's my trill fan checklist. If you can't relate to the following, you're not a real fan. (and miss me with your team's "success" if you're over 15 years old and been watching sports longer than 5 years, you've seen your team fail.)

1. You've literally screamed on the TV like players can actually hear you.

2. A loss has ? up your whole day -- or week. (good ? happens in your life outside of sports, but in the back of your mind you still thinking about that L.)

3. You can name at least 5 non-star players on your team that you would let sleep on your couch if they hit hard times until they got back on their feet. Simply because a couple of "hustle" plays they made in the past. lol

4. You've sworn off your fanship once or more only to come back the next year on some Bobby & Whitney "I know it's bad for me, but I can't help it" ? .

5. You ever contemplated or dreamed of fighting a player on your squad after a ? poor performance.

6. You bought tickets (especially season tickets) during a losing season, but you have NO regrets whatsoever.

7. When your loved ones root for your squad's rivals, you look at it like they start smokin' that ? and have destroyed their lives.

8. You can't even stand to talk about that team or sport around "casual" fans 'cause you know all they know is what sportscenter tells them, and if they say the wrong thing, you might get arrested.

9. You ever felt the opposite of #2 (A win overshadows anything bad that happens in your day/life.)

10. And here's the one that will cause some feelings: You root for the players on your squad, but you stop short of stannery because you KNOW that you were a fan before they played for your squad and you'll be a fan LOOOONG after they leave.

Feel free to add...
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    ^^^^? your guidelines!

Nah but that's a pretty good list.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Die Hard Fan
    To echo what another cat said, it's aight if you're a "quiet" bandwagoner. Meaning you just want to see a certain team or player do well and when they do, you give'em a...

7982%20-%20animated_gif%20tagme%20thumbs_up.gif

...and keep it moving.

What I can't stand is muthafucka who go from "no ? given" to "My team" this and "we" that and pop ? like you was rooting for the squad in your cartoon pajamas as a kid.

Here's my trill fan checklist. If you can't relate to the following, you're not a real fan. (and miss me with your team's "success" if you're over 15 years old and been watching sports longer than 5 years, you've seen your team fail.)

1. You've literally screamed on the TV like players can actually hear you.

2. A loss has ? up your whole day -- or week. (good ? happens in your life outside of sports, but in the back of your mind you still thinking about that L.)

3. You can name at least 5 non-star players on your team that you would let sleep on your couch if they hit hard times until they got back on their feet. Simply because a couple of "hustle" plays they made in the past. lol

4. You've sworn off your fanship once or more only to come back the next year on some Bobby & Whitney "I know it's bad for me, but I can't help it" ? .

5. You ever contemplated or dreamed of fighting a player on your squad after a ? poor performance.

6. You bought tickets (especially season tickets) during a losing season, but you have NO regrets whatsoever.

7. When your loved ones root for your squad's rivals, you look at it like they start smokin' that ? and have destroyed their lives.

8. You can't even stand to talk about that team or sport around "casual" fans 'cause you know all they know is what sportscenter tells them, and if they say the wrong thing, you might get arrested.

9. You ever felt the opposite of #2 (A win overshadows anything bad that happens in your day/life.)

10. And here's the one that will cause some feelings: You root for the players on your squad, but you stop short of stannery because you KNOW that you were a fan before they played for your squad and you'll be a fan LOOOONG after they leave.

Feel free to add...

the bolded i've never did.. the latter due to obvious reasons lol. trill list nonetheless