Is Over By Drake "over to quickly"

Options
Monizzle
Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
edited April 2010 in The Reason
i mean dude goes in for 2 verses then all of a sudden he loops the hook and the song is over. I feel like its a song 75% complete and he never finished 25% of it or something. On older mixtapes drake goes in for 3 verses but lately hes been doing a verse or 2 but never putting in 3 hard verses. Its almost like a dude in a rap battle who is killin his opponent and just freezes.

Comments

• ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i'm fine with it ending after 2 verses lol
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    He didn't really go in on either one of those verses IMO. To me that song is promotional use only...
  • ambiguous1
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Miles HIGH wrote: »
    He didn't really go in on either one of those verses IMO. To me that song is promotional use only...

it's almost funny when you see how serious his ? expressions are and then hear what he's sayin... why is he mean mugging while saying this

Bottles on me, long as someone drink it
    Never drop the ball, ? are y’all thinkin’?
    Makin’ sure the Young Money ship is never sinkin’
    ‘Bout to set it off, set it off, Jada Pinkett
    I shouldn’t’ve drove, tell me how I’m gettin’ home
    You too fine to be layin’ down in bed alone
    I could teach you how to speak my language, Rosetta Stone
    I swear this life is like the sweetest thing I’ve ever known
    ‘Bout to go Thriller Mike Jackson on these ?
    All I need’s a ? red jacket with some zippers
    Super good smiddoke, a package of the swishers
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I thought when the music video game out, I'd like the song more. But the video only proves what I've known all along, its just a bad song. The beat is the only thing that makes it decent. I don't know why Drake raps so well on other people's singles ("4 my town", "Say Something") and his rhyme scheme is so basic here
  • Monizzle
    edited April 2010
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    I thought when the music video game out, I'd like the song more. But the video only proves what I've known all along, its just a bad song. The beat is the only thing that makes it decent. I don't know why Drake raps so well on other people's singles ("4 my town", "Say Something") and his rhyme scheme is so basic here

yeah i feel the same way too the video was a let down and over all its just that beat. Its almost like a rocky theme type ? where legit you can get pumped up by the anthem without any words.
  • CTYO
    CTYO Members Posts: 407
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ambiguous1 wrote: »
    it's almost funny when you see how serious his ? expressions are and then hear what he's sayin... why is he mean mugging while saying this

lol it's all about performance man. would you prefer him to rap like a ? instead lyrics are perfect for the mainstream and good enough to be call aight by lyricist . And Say something was probably his worst song ever he could hardly keep up with the beat. he did good in this one though.
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

Lol, I think it's cause that's what he thinks he's supposed to do. He's naturally an actor, and you can tell when he's on stage or in videos that he's tryna play a "rapper role". It's also obvious that he studied the hell outta Jay-Z's stage game. He's great at makin the music, he just gotta learn how to present it better.
  • biggar
    biggar Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Maybe he'll drop the 3rd verse on the album version.
  • yungflashy
    yungflashy Members Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah I felt that too itz like.... is that it ?

I wuz expecting something "epic" I guess
  • ambiguous1
    edited April 2010
    Options
    CTYO wrote: »
    lol it's all about performance man. would you prefer him to rap like a ? instead lyrics are perfect for the mainstream and good enough to be call aight by lyricist . And Say something was probably his worst song ever he could hardly keep up with the beat. he did good in this one though.

no but it's hilarious " could help you speak my language, rosetta stone": what was hard about that and why you looking at me like that...

I think it's just a clear case of rushing a video with effects and making sure you have drakes face shown the whole time so ladies will swoon on mtv and bet.
  • Monizzle
    edited April 2010
    Options
    biggar wrote: »
    Maybe he'll drop the 3rd verse on the album version.

yeah i was thinking that too
  • CTYO
    CTYO Members Posts: 407
    edited April 2010
    Options
    no but it's hilarious " could help you speak my language, rosetta stone": what was hard about that and why you looking at me like that...

I think it's just a clear case of rushing a video with effects and making sure you have drakes face shown the whole time so ladies will swoon on mtv and bet.

yeah I see what you mean.... the song wasnt that artistic to begin with wasn't expecting nothing crazy but, yeah they did kind of rush the video to be real
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yeah it was he need to pay royce to put his verse on it then we'll have a complete track
  • Monizzle
    edited April 2010
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    yeah it was he need to pay royce to put his verse on it then we'll have a complete track

haha yeah royce went in on that beat when he freestyled over it
  • pothead420
    pothead420 Members Posts: 2,072 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    this is making drake look like he cant hold his own
    not a good looking for u first album
  • Monizzle
    edited April 2010
    Options
    my whole thing with the video is that he was way tooo serious when the song didnt warrant it. if i were him, idda been happy as a ? in that video.

Yeah i would been like soulja boy in tun my swag on video happy if i was drake. As much as i hate soulja boy his i dont give a ? what you think attitude is was a good response to critisizm. What i take out of Drakes seriousness is he still is trying to prove to people he is for real. He also made a statement recently that "your favorite rapper likes me and is trina get me on their track" as if he needs to to still prove to people hes for real which is excatly the problem. Drake needs to prove that he is for real but not by trina act all tough in a video but by showing he is a versatile rapper who can switch his style up. Its easy to see he is insecure still the toughness is just a front.
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yungflashy wrote: »
    Yeah I felt that too itz like.... is that it ?

I wuz expecting something "epic" I guess

Lol why was you expecting something epic from Drake ?Too funny!
    Yeah a third verse would of been better u can't have two verses for your first single stop trying too cheat the people.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That track doesn't need a third verse. It's a single. It's supposed to be short. If you're left wanting another verse, then the song served it's intended purpose.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lol, so this thread is cuz it dont have a 3rd verse....lol..
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lol, so this thread is cuz it dont have a 3rd verse....lol..

yeah...? is going out of their way to find ? wrong with Drake now...
  • BiLLZ333
    BiLLZ333 Members Posts: 480
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Miles HIGH wrote: »
    Lol, I think it's cause that's what he thinks he's supposed to do. He's naturally an actor, and you can tell when he's on stage or in videos that he's tryna play a "rapper role". It's also obvious that he studied the hell outta Jay-Z's stage game. He's great at makin the music, he just gotta learn how to present it better.

he is an actor....and hes trash. im sorry but all i hear when hes rappin is someone tryin to be someone he thinks hes supposed
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I never liked that song.

Drake has fallen off, imo.

Comeback Season + So Far Gone should = Drake's next album.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Monizzle wrote: »
    haha yeah royce went in on that beat when he freestyled over it

yo can u up that freestyle?
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    damn one of these days drake is gonna put out the "right" video for the "right" song...whoever told him this was hot needs to be slapped.....
  • CASH RULES
    CASH RULES Members Posts: 306
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the only thing thats over is his buzz yafeelme nh